• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best video game

MegaMatt

Smash Apprentice
Chris II said:
Opinions are ignorant. A guy could say "my uncle is the nicest guy in the world" and he'd be wrong, because that's Bill Gates for giving millions of dollars to charity. I'm arguing because many opinions are formed ignorantly with limited basis. Most people just play 3-4 games before deciding that one of them is TEH BEST GAEM EVAR.
Yeah, but this isn't the debate hall, so it's supposed to be subjective opinions and FUN!

Chris II

Smash Journeyman
MegaMatt said:
Yeah, but this isn't the debate hall, so it's supposed to be subjective opinions and FUN!
Fun: Not found in vocabulary.

*explodes*

Exovel

Smash Ace
Cashed said:
Racing: Burnout 3 Takedown
Thank you Cashed, thank you so much. I agree 100%! I absolutely love this game. I mean the racing is good, but even if you don't wanna race, what's better than taking a fire truck and crashing it into a crowded intersection to watch the madness? Overall, an amazing game!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It's really a pity the Burnout series stopped on GameCube after Point of Impact. I'm pretty positive BO2 sold better on Cube than it did on Xbox too. BO3 improved the series so much, and I've been playing BO3 for about a year now and the game isn't stale to me. I currently have a little over 7,000 Takedowns and well, my Burnout Points are really effing high too. Last I checked on Xbox Live, I was ranked around 300. Burnout Revenge comes out September 20th. Can't effing wait, the demo of it rules.

falcoX

Smash Champion
The Hall of Eternia, Exactly 10 miles west of the
Chris II said:
Opinions are ignorant. A guy could say "my uncle is the nicest guy in the world" and he'd be wrong, because that's Bill Gates for giving millions of dollars to charity. I'm arguing because many opinions are formed ignorantly with limited basis. Most people just play 3-4 games before deciding that one of them is TEH BEST GAEM EVAR.
Your opinion on Bill Gates is wrong and formed ignorantly with limited basis. Im surprised if you even played 3-4 videogames before decided TEH BEST GAEM EVAR

Chris II

Smash Journeyman
falcoX said:
Your opinion on Bill Gates is wrong and formed ignorantly with limited basis.
So you've given millions to charity? If you found my statement to be wrong, I'll correct it to be "greatest philanthropist in the world."

Im surprised if you even played 3-4 videogames before decided TEH BEST GAEM EVAR
That's the thing, I HAVEN'T decided the best game ever. I've only decided which games aren't the best game ever, and which games that I've played are very good games. i.e. Fire Emblem 5.

falcoX

Smash Champion
Chris II said:
So you've given millions to charity? If you found my statement to be wrong, I'll correct it to be "greatest philanthropist in the world."

That's the thing, I HAVEN'T decided the best game ever. I've only decided which games aren't the best game ever, and which games that I've played are very good games. i.e. Fire Emblem 5.
There is a forum for worst game ever in case your wondering. Just because someone says there opinions are different than yours doesnt mean u have to criticize them for that. We're humans. We're suposed to have different opinons. And considering this is the BEST VIDEOGAME topic, we'd all appreciate if u stopped criticizing others and told us your favorite videogame. If not, then dont post here pal. Its pretty simple.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Chris II said:
That's what probably made FF7 so overrated. I'm tired of seeing Sephiroth owning the GameFAQs character battles, which were BS in the first place. How many you think Tommy Vercetti can beat Kefka? Do any of you think Bowser can beat Chun Li? If you disagree with these questions you can see how inaccurate the character battle polls in GameFAQs are.

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dear NukeA6 and Chris II, shut up. Both of your choices for 'Best video game ever' suck, so shut up.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Shy Guy said:
Dear NukeA6 and Chris II, shut up. Both of your choices for 'Best video game ever' suck, so shut up.
So Smash Bros Melee and Ocarina of Time suck to you? Yeah, whatever. :rolleyes:

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Have you guys checked out IGN's Top 100 List? You probably won't agree with many of them, but they rated the games based on how masterful they were when they were released and the influence they've have on all of gaming.

Their Top 3 were as follows:

3.) Tetris
2.) Zelda; Ocarina of Time
3.) Super Mario Bros.

And, honestly, I have to agree with those three being three of the most influencial games of all time, as well as ones made very well.

Here's what IGN had to say about them:

Name: Tetris
Platform: Multiple Systems
Developer: Pajitnov/Pavlovsky/Gerasimov
Publisher: Various
Year Released: 1986
Why it Made the Top 100 List: In the mid-'80s a group of computer engineers designed Tetris in secret at the Russian Academy of Sciences. Thankfully, creator Alexey Pajitnov smuggled the hopelessly addictive videogame out of the Soviet Union and unleashed it across the world. Tetris is made timeless and brilliant because of its instant accessibility -- unlike chess, its motherland cousin. Rules are simple: players stack a series of falling, differently shaped "Tetramino" blocks in a well and attempt to keep it from filling up by clearing solid horizontal lines. Most Tetris players experience complete escapism, which is why many corporations and educational institutions loathe its existence. Tetris has gone on to inspire countless variations and will forever influence puzzle-based videogames.

Name: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Platform: Nintendo 64
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Publisher: Nintendo
Year Released: 1998
Why it Made our Top 100 List: Considered by many critics to be the greatest game ever made, Nintendo's Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is one of only a handful of games to receive a perfect IGN rating. The masterpiece, which stars hero Link in both child and teenage form, helped pave the way for 3D adventure games, but it will likely be remembered and adored for two other reasons: first, it reinvented Nintendo's famed Zelda franchise and actually made it better. And second, it showed Nintendo 64 fans and the larger videogame community that as revolutionary and pretty as Super Mario 64 was, Nintendo still had some serious magic in its hefty bag of tricks. Ocarina of Time is an epic undertaking shining with tight control, ingenious level design and intuitive play mechanics. It remains one of the all-time most innovative adventure outings to date.

Name: Super Mario Bros.
Platform: NES
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Publisher: Nintendo
Year Released: 1985
Why it Made our Top 100 List: Nintendo's beloved 2D platformer was number one on our Top 100 list a couple of years ago, and it had no problem holding onto the top spot in this year's vote. Perhaps the classic game remains an IGN favorite because it helped revitalize the videogame industry in the post-Atari era of gloom and doom. Or maybe it's cherished above all others because it so effortlessly represents everything that makes us love Nintendo-developed games in general: an unwavering attention to play control and level design. The game, which stars Nintendo's classic mascot hero Mario in 30-some levels of inspired 2D platforming, introduced millions of players to videogames and left them captivated. Super Mario Bros. remains one of the most pioneering and influential titles to date. More importantly, it's every bit as addictive, enjoyable, and satisfying today as it was two decades ago.

---

Here's something I'd like to add about Mario Bros:

Mario Bros. was about the first video game that truly showed gamers that OTHER WORLDS could 'live' inside games. The Mushroom Kingdom was a fictional place you could vist--it wasn't a random area in space where you shot things, or a simple blue maze with yellow dots.

The point of Mario's big platformng adventure was not to get a high score, but to explore this vast (at the time) world. When I first played that game, I realized just how wondrous gaming could be, creating a world within a bunch of programming.

Without that core game, I'm not sure Nintendo would still exist, and, if so, they would be dramatically different. Gaming as we know it would be different. How much is hard to say, but I'm sure that othe classics like Mario Bros. 3 and OoT wouldn't exist.

Anyway, that's my opinion, for what it's worth.

KiLlAmArTh72

Smash Apprentice
OmegaWeapon said:
My opinion of the best game would have to be any DDR title, mainly because i've lost 20 lbs from it. Simple concept, easy to learn, really freakin hard to master. I guess thats why i like it so much. Final Fantasy 7 is also great.
lol were u fat

Chris II

Smash Journeyman
Shy Guy said:
HAY GUY I DIDN'T CHOOSE A GAME LEWLS

KiLlAmArTh72

Smash Apprentice
my list

1.ssbm
2.jak1
3.jak2
4.jak3
5.pop1
6.ssb . in super smash brother 1 i had 26000
7.halo

Chris II

Smash Journeyman
falcoX said:
There is a forum for worst game ever in case your wondering. Just because someone says there opinions are different than yours doesnt mean u have to criticize them for that. We're humans. We're suposed to have different opinons. And considering this is the BEST VIDEOGAME topic, we'd all appreciate if u stopped criticizing others and told us your favorite videogame. If not, then dont post here pal. Its pretty simple.
It's perfectly alright to enjoy a game, but subjectivity does not belong in defining something as the best. I hate idiots who say LEWLS ITS OPINION SO I HAVE NO NEED TO DEFEND THEM KEKE.

NukeA6

Smash Master
falcoX said:
i saw igns top 100. i was confused at most of the picks, but opinions will be different than others
At least all my best game choices are on there (except Devil May Cry 3 and Perfect Dark).

falcoX

Smash Champion
Chris II said:
It's perfectly alright to enjoy a game, but subjectivity does not belong in defining something as the best. I hate idiots who say LEWLS ITS OPINION SO I HAVE NO NEED TO DEFEND THEM KEKE.
Yes yes, we know you hate opinions, defending opinons, other peoples opinions, opinions in general, but could u just tell us yur favorite game? If u want to debate, go to the debate hall.

Chris II

Smash Journeyman
falcoX said:
Yes yes, we know you hate opinions, defending opinons, other peoples opinions, opinions in general, but could u just tell us yur favorite game? If u want to debate, go to the debate hall.
SSBM, because I've gotten the most enjoyment out of it than any other game.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Jesus, you're suppose to just tell everyone else your favorite videogame. If you want to give a reason, go ahead. You don't have to. There doesn't need to be debating in a topic about your favorite ****ing videogame.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You know Cashed, it's much easier to just tell people that if they're arguing about other peoples' favorite video game on an internet forum about a topic that's specifically asking for a person's opinion, that their lives are completely bankrupt anyway and you'll enjoy seeing their mug shot in the post office one day for getting into an argument with a cop.

Actually, what you said is easier. Mine's just funnier. :p

MegaMatt

Smash Apprentice
Cashed and McFox, you guys are awesome. Funny stuff!

Seriously, a topic about your personal favorites is nothing but subjective. Is someone going to argue with me that I like Dr. Pepper best out of all sodas? I like DP, so I like DP. You can't tell me I don't.

Now if I said that Super Mario Bros. 2 is the greatest game of all time, that could be argued. But I don't. So don't.

distortlove

Smash Rookie
my favorite would have to be Final Fantasy VII and then probably Ocarina of Time
I really love super smash bros.

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
The question was what do you think the best game ever is, not what is your favorite game, and no, they are not the same question "basically". But it's pretty sad when two people have to argue on a web forum where they'll never see each other just to make this clear.

jodo4

Smash Rookie
a lot of my favorites werent picked... maybe im just wierd... anyways.

RPG: Mario and Luigi Superstar saga

Racing: Mario Kart Double Dash!! (it did have the best AI of its others, i just dislike the weapon specials)

Puzzle: Dr. Mario THIS GAME IS THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED, IT'S SOOOO ADDICTIVE, i actually have it for every system it was out for, even gamecube (i decided to import nintendo puzzle collection for Gamecube and got a GS, which allows you to play imports actually).

Adventure/action: BALLON FIGHT. But River City Ransom is RIGHT behind it.

Platformer: I REALLY enjoyed Kirby and the Crystal Shards but, the whole Mario series I have lived with makes this soo darn hard...... ha i don't have to answer this if im out cold *bash myself with a metal pole and friend walks in room and looks at me then the post..... and finishes it*

Fighting: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 cause umm uhh its good...

NukeA6

Smash Master
CerbKirby said:
The question was what do you think the best game ever is, not what is your favorite game, and no, they are not the same question "basically". But it's pretty sad when two people have to argue on a web forum where they'll never see each other just to make this clear.
I did see Chris and I threw a rock at his window.

/\/1/\/J4

Smash Journeyman
rpg: Brave Fencer Musashi (my fav game ever)
Multi player Fighter: ssb both versions
1 player fighter: soul calibur series or mortal combat
Shooter: time crisis/counter strike
Classics: sonic mario legend of zelda

Master Brandybuck

Smash Cadet
Here goes..

Overall, Tales of Symphonia

RPG: Golden Sun 2 (Hon. Mention: Pokemon Blue)
Action/Adventure: Zelda Oot (Hon. Mention: LOTR Return of the King)
FPS: Metroid Prime
Racing: Mario Kart 64
Fighter: SSBM (how could I not?)
Puzzle: Pokemon Puzzle League
Side-Scroller: Wario Land 3 (Hon. Mention: Super mario bros.)
RTS: LOTR Battle for Middle-Earth
Other: Pokemon Snap

nin10do

Smash Journeyman
SSBM.

And that's why I'm here.

It also contains the bunch of Nintendo characters I love.

And let's all kill Bill Gates, for godsake, before he keeps "trash-talking" about nintendo. Ugh...that rich little thing

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Too many to list, but I'm going to say Goldeneye...it was THE game back then...

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
The best game ever is Ikaruga. No game looks as beautiful, nor is as insanely challenging. Human beings CANNOT beat that game on hard... Only asians can.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Adventure game: God of War and Devil May Cry 3
Fighting game: Soul Caliber series, SSB series, Tekken series
Rpg: Final Fantasy Series, Tales of Symphonia, Xenogears

MarthMaster2

Smash Apprentice
Ok I apoligize in advanced for anything stupid i might say.
Gamecube- LotR Return of the King (when you play the first level you will be starving for more.) , SSBM, anything star fox or zelda.
Xbox- Halo2(need i say more)
GBA-Megaman Zero Mission 3 a challenge from start to beginning with a great story line and stars the everyone's a$$ kickin reploid Zero
Ps2- LotR RotK (graphics for the game are suprisingly at their best on the Ps2) and many other titles.

Those are currently the best systems and again these games are just my opinion but i think my opinion did a good job.

Top Bottom