• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Video Game Music?

debaser

Smash Lord
The music in the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time is some of the best music I have ever heard in my life.

Though all the music in that game is phenomenal

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Don't you people play the Rare games?! I'm telling you, DK64 and Banjo-Tooie (haven't played Banjo-Kazooie) have some of the BEST music! And they have varieties of the same music even! In a level, if you go underwater, the level tune changes to that of a DKC underwater level temper, but maintains the beat or whatever. My point is.. Rare game music CAN'T BE BEAT! haha... (at least 64 Rare)

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
aw dude,ya know what game sucked balls but had the most amazing soundtrack i ever heard?tony hawk's downhill jam 4 the wii.that music was amazing.

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
I think the best song from a video game would be "Suteki da ne" (Orchestra Version) by Rikki from Final Fantasy X. The original is pretty bad IMO, but the Orchestra Version (which plays during the credits) is amazing.

Sonic Adventure 2 does have good music as well, as many have said.

I like Ragnarok Online music too >.> Mostly the Prontera theme and the theme from Lutie/Toy Factory. Probably due to nostalgia....

And this is a little different, but I think Goldeneye and Perfect Dark had some good music as well. It's not something you'd listen to outside of gaming really, but the sounds from those games are pretty nostalgic to me. I put some Goldeneye music on my roommate's XBOX 360, and sometimes we'll put goldeneye music on while playing Halo 3...

motherfan

Smash Journeyman
MOTHER 3's music is extremely good for gameboy advance music. You probly won't find any Gameboy Advance music and sound as good as MOTHER 3.:)
I recommend that you use headphones to experence the greatest GBA music ever!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Halo 3's soundtrack was released a week ago, and I am loving it. There's a lot of stuff I recognize from campaign, but a few songs I can't remember where they're from in the game. Marty O'Donnell is a god.

JUMPING_YOSHI

Smash Cadet
The forest maze music from SMRPG is my favorite,as well as Jib Jig,Stickerbush symphony and Click Clock wood(spring).

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, the music on Super Mario Galaxy is amazing. Really nice work done there, oh yes. Hopefully I can download it to my iPod or something.

TheFifthMan

Smash Journeyman
A couple blocks away from Purdue University
Hmm... my personal favorites

Aria de Mezzo Caraterre/Celes' Theme from FF6
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time music in general (may as well check the Legend of Zelda medley)
"With Us!" and "Together, we ride!", the recruitment songs from Fire Emblem 9 and 7, respectively, as well as the Fire Emblem Theme in general.

Others are there, but these came to mind.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Chrono Trigger/Cross music. It can only get as good as that. Orchestrated versions are way better than the originals, but still awesome. If interested I'll find you a link to a Orchestra concert in which they play some of my fav songs.

SM Galaxy has awesome musics too.

I remember liking this Megaman theme alot, but I don't know the name. -.-

That has to be all.

Falco_Friend

Smash Rookie
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door has some great music for some of the boss battles, especially Cortez and the Shadow Queen.
Zelda music for sure, some of my favorites are the main theme, the Desert Colossus in Ocarina of Time and the Deku Palace in Majora's Mask
Metroid music is amazing. I especially like the Metroid Metal remixes(I guess you could call it that) check out their website to see (or hear) what I'm talking about. Their Super Metroid songs are really good. The Boss Medley which includes the Ridley theme is much better than the one we got on the Dojo IMO.

Del Money

Smash Champion
"His World" in Sonic 2006
"The Extreme" (Final Ultimecia Battle) in FF8
Boss Theme in Ocarina of Time

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Zelda: Ocarina Of Time music
Banjo & Kazooie music (1 & 2)
Super Mario RPG music

Out of the 3, the best are OoT, like the Ganon battle music. EPIC WIN.
The Deku Tree music sounded sad & Forest Temple music sounds creepy.
Otherwise it was all good.

Then theres also the music for Melee & Brawl.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Guitar Hero has already made songs. Same goes for DDR and SSX.
That aint videogame music. I prefer games with songs made by themselves.

I must say all Kirby music is AWESOME. All those sweet sounds and peppy remixes just are my kinda thing.
Especially Canvas Curse.

Kirby gets my #1 prize!

Mario strikers charged was cool too. Except some character animation songs like Birdo and Boo.

Then comes SSBB.

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
Super Mario Galaxy has an amazing soundtrack. I was totally shocked when I heard the music for the first time, even though I've been told beforehand the music will blow you away. It was completely unreal for a Mario game. I currently can't get the Melty Molten Galaxy theme out of my head right now! :D

The Halo series has some of the best orchestrated music in the history of all video games. I don't care if you hate the games or love them to death; there is no denying the soundtrack.

I also dig those classic Sonic tunes from the Genesis days. But hey, I love their remixes even more.

antimatter

Smash Lord
any song from meteos. when you play and move the blocks, its almost like you make the music.

Hax

Smash Champion
bramble scramble - DKC 2
dire dire docks - mario 64
mute city - f-zero
forest temple - zelda OOT

there are also some sick songs in earthbound, banjo kazooie, and megaman.

EDIT: hell yeah to the post like 3-4 posts above.. i forgot super mario rpg songs rock lol

Top Bottom