• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Video Game Music?

Reese

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong 64 has some good boss tunes.
The tune that plays while you are fighting Metroid Prime (first Prime) is also pretty good.
The first two times you encounter Bowser in Mario 64 has cool music.
My favourite boss tune is when you fight Bowser in Mario Bros. 3.

I will edit this post if I remember more.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Maybe I'm A Lion from Final Fantasy 8 is an awesome boss song. I can also agree with Dark Messenger.

Also, I enjoy Chrono Trigger's Boss Theme because it has a nice fast paced tune.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
At the Time of Farewell, from Tales of the Abyss..Time to Raise the Cross, from Tales of the Abyss, Leon ~Victim of Fate~ from Namco x Capcom, Meaning of Birth, Tales of the Abyss, Finish The Promise, Tales of the Abyss, The 13th Struggle, Kingdom Hearts II, and Fight Tune "Girl Named Shelke", from FF7:Dirge of Cerberus. Those are the best ones I can think of!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Dancing Mad.

Why is everybody so hung up on One-Winged Angel?

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Because Sephiroth pwns all. But aside from that...

Call me weird, but I REALLY enjoyed the boss music in the original Mario and Luigi: The Superstar Saga. That first Cackletta battle, with the accordion and pipe organ music, that was awesome.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
Because Sephiroth pwns all. But aside from that...

Call me weird, but I REALLY enjoyed the boss music in the original Mario and Luigi: The Superstar Saga. That first Cackletta battle, with the accordion and pipe organ music, that was awesome.
*goes into the battle just to listen to the music*

yeah, that was some sweet music too!

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Feckin' Threads of Fate, Ape Escape, Legend of Legaia(1 and 2), Suikoden 2 and Vagrant Story. Kirby 64 and Ape Escape are in my top 5 of "soundtracks you must hear before you die" list. Play the game all the way through and you'll appreciate the soundtrack(s) more.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Three other songs I'd like to include are JENOVA from Final Fantasy VII and I can't remember the name of the song when you fight Judge Ghis in Final Fantasy XII, but that was also an awesome song, and Premonition from Final Fantasy 8.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
ZoSo: Dancing Mad is utter win. I also found The Decisive Battle to be pretty fantastic as well. I only wish it were longer. However, FF6 Advance updated most of the music and did it pretty well without--I felt--sacrificing the original feel, and the newer version made me pretty happy. Can't wait to hear the rest of the sound-track in updated form.

And the music for the final operation in Trauma Center for the Wii was pretty incredible, I thought. It was a fast paced, strange ambient piece with epic guitar and piano lines. The only downside is that the operation is long as hell, but the song is relatively short, so it winds up looping a lot. That gets a little irritating after awhile.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Ok, this isn't really a boss track but the music at the end of Lufia II right before the boss is pretty awesome.
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/luf2fod3.mid <---Listen even if you've never played the game before. I swear Lufia has one of the best soundtracks of any game out there, and is incredibly underrated.

and before I get flammed for not posting my favorite boss track. Id have to say Lufia's is pretty badass.
here are the 2 boss tracks
Boss: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/luf2boss.mid
End Boss: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Luf2btl3.mid
Wish I could find better versions of each track :(

Lixivium

Smash Champion
"Dancing Mad" >>>>>> "One-Winged Angel"

I've always really liked "World Revolution":

I didn't like the Core music as much though.

Also, "Gravity" from Cave Story.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Banjo Tooie and DK64 boss music=best of all time! Has any one heard the remixes of Banjo kazooie in boss form? Those are excellant as well!! Mad Monster Mansio boss remix is incredible! haha

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Dancing Mad or any boss music from Mother.

One-winged Angel is very sh-tty. Fits perfectly for an equally sh-tty character, though.

mario-man

Smash Lord
As far as BOSS music goes, I don't really know. I guess the best that I can remember is Sonic 3.

If you're talking about regular game music, I'd have to say SM64 or DK64. SF64 also has good music.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Goof troop. I give it the award for best sound. I love when you throw a pot at your friend and it breaks. The boss music is also phenomenal. Goof Troop had awesome pirate and cannon sounds. The opening of the door sound was really rewarding, "Clink"

*Digs up old Snes and hugs it*

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Those who fight further - FFVII
To Zanarkand - FFX
Simple and Clean - Kingdom Hearts

There are also some **** good oc remixes of songs from OoT.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Aerith's Theme (FFVII)
Those Who Are Called By The Planet (FFVII)
Final Destination (SSBM)
Dark Messenger (FFIX)
Bubbleman (MM2)
Geminiman (MM3)

Top Bottom