• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best use of Golder Hammers?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Sticker factory is something I need to use, but I am wondering how many total stickers there are...

And trophies for that matter. Not sure how many I am missing aside from a few from classic mode and the last few in challenges. New trophies are really really rare from the coin launcher, but they do come every thousand coins or so, if that.

Soboo

Smash Rookie
My decisions were based mostly on time consumption rather than difficulty:

1. Clear 100-man brawl with all characters
2. Endure a 15 minute brawl
3. Defeat 10 enemies in cruel brawl
4. Clear All Star with no continues
5. 50 hours of brawls

#5 was just because I didn't have anything else to use it on and I wanted the last CD.

Starscream

Smash Ace
100-50 hours can be done so simply though. Probably the least time consuming. Leave a 1 stock, no time limit game with 4 human players on overnight.

WiseWarrior

Smash Cadet
Why the heck did you do #4 XD? It's EXTREMELY easy to do that on Easy mode, maybe you thought you had to do it on Intense or something. :p Also, 10 kills isn't all that difficult either, just use Kirby and fly off the stage, then back on lol, I got 13 that way.

Now, for a couple of questions. If I tried to break Boss Battles Intense with a hammer, would the hammer break, or just not work? Also, it says I've done 31 hours in solo mode, yet I don't have that trophy, and the golden hammer that comes with it...why?

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Now, for a couple of questions. If I tried to break Boss Battles Intense with a hammer, would the hammer break, or just not work? Also, it says I've done 31 hours in solo mode, yet I don't have that trophy, and the golden hammer that comes with it...why?
Last I heard is that it wont work. Doesnt matter, Intense boss battles is easy with enough effort.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
can't you have as many continues as you want on classic and allstar intense? its like you cant loose..

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
I accidentally wasted one because I didn't know what they did. I think I got the Timer Trophy from the block. I used one on one of the Coin Match windows because I loathe Coin Matches, even if it is easy to accomplish. I also used a third one on the 100-Man Brawl with every character window. There is absolutely no reason in my mind to justify trudging through that with every character.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
1. 100 man melee with every character
2. Endure 15 minute Brawl
3. 100 hours of Brawls
4. 2000+ KOs in Brawls
5. Play 50 hours of Bralls

Best use of all of the hammers, in my opinion. The first one and second one are just frustrating, and the others are things you will get eventually but just take longer than everything else in there. The last three are in order from shortest to longest amount of time (at least from my experience so far), so if you feel there is another challenge that you can't do then start by doing the last one on the list manually.

Most of the challenges aren't really hard though, or can be done by blowing some of your coins (eg. All Star mode on intense). There are like 4 that are actually hard/frustrating, and you can only use hammers on 2 of them.
I agree with the first one....The others shouldnt be too hard if you play Brawl a lot..

H3ckman

Smash Rookie
So can you or can you not use one on All-Star on Intense or Boss Battle on Intense?

falco999

Smash Apprentice
i just used my hammers on any remaining blue spots b/c i'm not going to search online for what i have to do

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
So can you or can you not use one on All-Star on Intense or Boss Battle on Intense?
All-Star on Intense is not as bad as you think. You are allowed continues, so if you have a full 9999 clip of coins then it should just take a day's work.

Intense Boss Rush though, that's the tough part. Do what everyone else does and go Charizard Rock Smash.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
I used the hammer on 15 minute melee it was such a pain to have to do it. I never used mines on stuff I plan to accomplish anyway.

Sheers Man

Smash Rookie
I have only used one hammer so far, and it was on beating All-Star on Intense, it was a pretty stupid thing for me to do in my opinion, because it isn't too bad, and if you have a good amount of coins in case you die, it becomes easy.

I will probably use one on doing 100-man Brawl with every character, doesn't seem hard, just incredibly tedious.

Lucan Desmond

Smash Rookie
Here's a question for you all:

How do you get all 5 hammers?

I know one is in the 30 hours of brawls box, but other than that, I don't know where the rest are... I can't remember how many I've used, 3 or 4. Sadly I think it was 4 and I wasted them all just opening random blue boxes early in the game. >_<

Tzepish

Smash Rookie
The X hours in Brawls challenges are extremely easy to unlock and are not worth your hammers. Put four characters in a brawl (with no items, so bombs don't spawn) stock match and leave it on overnight. I got the 30 hour and 50 hour trophies in one night, and then the 100 hour trophy a couple days later.

Ceruvik

Smash Cadet
The X hours in Brawls challenges are extremely easy to unlock and are not worth your hammers. Put four characters in a brawl (with no items, so bombs don't spawn) stock match and leave it on overnight. I got the 30 hour and 50 hour trophies in one night, and then the 100 hour trophy a couple days later.
WRONG! You proabably want the stickers!!!

Ok for real you will probably want what you are too lazy to do. check out gamefaqs.com for a pretty good list of trophies and such. Then pick from there.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I've used 3 Golden Hammers so far. One was on 15 minute Brawl, I can't remember the others.

Using Hammers on the KOs and Hours of Brawls is a waste if you play as much as my friends and I do.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Do NOT, I repeat NOT use it on:

All-Star on Intense (You get as many continues as you want! Why would you skip this!?)
15 Minute Brawl (Take Jigglypuff and float under the stage for 15 minutes. Easy)
10 KOs in Cruel Brawl (See above with Jigglypuff. Some will suicide eventually.)
100 hours of Brawl (Just leave your Wii on overnight with an infinite versus match going.)
Anything that isn't HARD, just time-consuming or beatable with an easy strategy

I would use it on 100-man-Brawl with every character, definetally. That's just crazy.

Zenonfury

Smash Cadet
None =D be a man and do everything yourself! I don't plan on using any. I also don't plan on getting all of the challenges anytime soon too though so yeah..and i don't understand why anyone would use them on hours of brawl...I barely have time to play and I already got 50 hours

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
NEVER use Golden Hammers on anything time related (____ hours of Brawl), just use an infinite time match and leave it on for that many hours, overnight, when youre not around ,etc.

lord_luigi

Smash Cadet
My Hammers:

Ashley Robbins- 100 hours of Brawls
Green Alloy- 15-Minute Brawl
Blue Alloy- 100-Man Brawl with every character
Kyle Hyde- All-Star with all characters
Mewtwo- All-Star on Intense

I know, some of them were bad choices. I did Kyle Hyde so I could abuse the 2P option.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Kyle Hyde- All-Star with all characters
Mewtwo- All-Star on Intense
Poor choices imo. All Star with everyone is just time consuming but hardly difficult. All Star on Intense would be rough *IF* they made the continue cost absurd like in Melee or if you couldnt continue.

Offtopic though, the Klle Hyde trophy looks neat but why is it in Brawl?

Sythe

Smash Rookie
Don't use it on all star on intense imo.
It's not that hard and even if you die you can continue, and you only lose coins. Which won't really be much of a matter to you if you've been playing a lot of multiplayer brawls.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I guess I'm oblivious to my own game, but what are these "golden hammers"? Is it a free square like from Kirby Air Ride? (So many similarities to that challenge board.) And how do I get them? Or see them?

Anyway, the only things I'm having trouble with right now is the 15 minute brawl, 100 man brawl with every character, boss battles and level 4 target smash.

doyoulikemysn333

Smash Rookie
to zKillah, the easiest way to beat 10 kos in cruel brawl is to be a character with a fast jump, such as meta knight or squirtle, when the cruel brawl starts, run over to the ledge and hang there. then just keep jumping down and back on. i was squirtle and all i did was jump down from the ledge, use my midair jump, then my up special. when you are in the air away from the edge, the guys will try to go after you, and since they dont have an up special move, usually they dont recover. i got up to like 17 guys killed by doing this

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
I'd go for the one where you have to defeat 10 enemies in Cruel Brawl. Your reward is a Liquid Snake sticker (WTF?) but it's so hard. I haven't done it yet and I foolishly wasted all of my hammers. Don't use it on Target Tests because those can be done easily.

terrysalt

Smash Rookie
I see everyone keeps saying you can't use the hammers on the boss battle ones. I'm not sure what to say other than "I just did". Do you think it's a PAL thing or related to the fact that it was still a blue square rather than a red one with a description?

Top Bottom