• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best use of Golder Hammers?

RickyFLDMS

Smash Rookie
I used mine on:
10 Enemies in Cruel Brawl
Endure a 15-Min. Brawl
Clear 100 Man Brawl w/all characters.

I would use my last two hammers on clearing Boss Battles on Very Hard and Intense if I could.

16BitAlex

Smash Rookie
pyrotek7x7 said:
Do NOT, I repeat NOT use it on:

All-Star on Intense (You get as many continues as you want! Why would you skip this!?)
D'oh!

15 Minute Brawl (Take Jigglypuff and float under the stage for 15 minutes. Easy)
D'oh again!

10 KOs in Cruel Brawl (See above with Jigglypuff. Some will suicide eventually.)
I'll try that.

100 hours of Brawl (Just leave your Wii on overnight with an infinite versus match going.)
See above.

I would use it on 100-man-Brawl with every character, definetally. That's just crazy.
I used one of my hammers on that one too. They really expect me to use Olimar and Pit and the other characters I suck with? I struggled the first time through (with ROB if you want to know)! At least with Classic and All-Star I can pick Easy.

My last one will be used on one from the Complete Target Test so-and-so in an insanely short time.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
cruel brawl: jump off the edge and use kirby's up b back onto the edge and it will kill them. its easy

The Star King

Smash Hero
Golden Hammers are something I will never use. I won't feel nearly as good if I don't complete all the challenges by myself, and I have only about 10 more to go. I'll feel much better when I can say, "I beat all the challenges without using Golden Hammers." Challenges are meant to be done, and be a challenge (hence the name), not to be skipped.

Why would you need Hammers, anyway? All the challenges are easy, some of them just take a lot of playing, which you will definitely achieve over the years. Just think about all the time you spent in Melee. And if you're really that desperate to complete all challenges soon, there are usually quick ways. Watch dphanna's KO factory on youtube for the KO's. You can also leave your Wii on during a match for a few days for the time based challenges, on a stage with no hazards with a few controllers plugged in. Also look up dphanna's CD factory on youtube for all the stickers. Play coin launcher for trophies, and do all the challenges that give you trophies. And if you can't beat Boss Battles on Intense, rofl, keep practicing, learn the boss's patterns, and get better.. I beat it with Metaknight on my third try, so it's really not that hard. In fact, there is someone on youtube who beat boss battles on intense with every character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Used 4 of my 5 Golden Hammers. Tasks used for were...

*Clear 100-Man Brawl with all characters
*Clear All-Star on Hard
*Clear All-Star on Very Hard
*Clear All-Star on Intense

Besides those tasks, I've accomplished all the other tasks, which means that my last Golden Hammer is only around as a souvenir now.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
Used 4 of my 5 Golden Hammers. Tasks used for were...

*Clear 100-Man Brawl with all characters
*Clear All-Star on Hard
*Clear All-Star on Very Hard
*Clear All-Star on Intense

Besides those tasks, I've accomplished all the other tasks, which means that my last Golden Hammer is only around as a souvenir now.
Why'd you use a hammer on All-Star? Hard and Very Hard are extremely easy.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if 15 min in brawl is harder than melee because i havent tried it yet, but in melee i just spammed DK's down+b

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if 15 min in brawl is harder than melee because i havent tried it yet, but in melee i just spammed DK's down+b
It's not exactly harder, you just can't do attacks like that. You see, every once in a while a real character will appear. They're alot smarter than alloys (pick up items, edgehog...). Basically you just have to focus more.

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
None of them.

The best use for the Golden Hammers is to show that you've cleared the grid without using one!

Enjoy your 100-Man Brawl with every character, though. That one's going to take you weeks.

P.S. People who use Golden Hammers are WEAK.

P.P.S. People who use all their Golden Hammers and choose to delete their game so they can save them for the hardest challenges are SUPER WEAK.
I wouldn't call it weak if you're not in the ****ing mood to collect 700 stupid stickers...
Although I'm trying not to use any hammers

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
15 minute brawl does not need a golden hammer. just use lucario on the edge if u cant fight ur way thru it or jigglypuff under the stage a zillion times. also with cruel brawl flying under the stage works if u lure the alloys out right... best uses wud b... boss battles on intense... or anything mega time consuming that u cudnt b bothered doing :)

Lieutenant

Smash Rookie
First off, first post; time to make somewhat of an impression.
Susu_Atari, so people who used Golden Hammers(Which are CLEARLY there to help you) are weak. That's like saying that people who use a Parachute whilst Skydiving are weak.

I used three of them, still have one ready and still need to get one(50 or 30 or whatever the amount of Hours of Brawls was).

1. I have no idea what I used this one on. Probably something noobish.
2. Clear 100-man Melee with every character.
3. Clear Boss Battles on Intense(I'm a sucker, I just couldn't beat this one; so I Golden Hammer'd it).
4. Planning using this on All-Star Intense, anyone another good idea?
5. -

What's weird though, is that I've kept hearing people say: "You can't use your Hammer on anything boss-related". So I try, Boss-Battles Intense > it worked, does this have anything to do with different versions? PAL and North-American or Japanese.

Besides that, do NOT use it on 15-minute Melee; as it's incredibly easy with Pit, or any other flying character for that matter. Just try and take frequent breaks; and DON'T make mistakes, you'll be slamming a hole through your wall when you're dead with 13 seconds left or so.

WhoIsMrBlack

Smash Cadet
First off, first post; time to make somewhat of an impression.
Susu_Atari, so people who used Golden Hammers(Which are CLEARLY there to help you) are weak. That's like saying that people who use a Parachute whilst Skydiving are weak.

I used three of them, still have one ready and still need to get one(50 or 30 or whatever the amount of Hours of Brawls was).

1. I have no idea what I used this one on. Probably something noobish.
2. Clear 100-man Melee with every character.
3. Clear Boss Battles on Intense(I'm a sucker, I just couldn't beat this one; so I Golden Hammer'd it).
4. Planning using this on All-Star Intense, anyone another good idea?
5. -

What's weird though, is that I've kept hearing people say: "You can't use your Hammer on anything boss-related". So I try, Boss-Battles Intense > it worked, does this have anything to do with different versions? PAL and North-American or Japanese.

Besides that, do NOT use it on 15-minute Melee; as it's incredibly easy with Pit, or any other flying character for that matter. Just try and take frequent breaks; and DON'T make mistakes, you'll be slamming a hole through your wall when you're dead with 13 seconds left or so.
5 seconds for me. >.< Almost made me use the Hammer then and there.
...as in a real hammer, on my controller.

I was also planning to use one on Boss Battles Intense, I have PAL version which one did you have that it worked on?

Let's also set one thing straight - do NOT use your hammers on All-Star or Classic on Intense. DO NOT. Period. It's a waste. Infinite continues means you only have to win each battle on its own, so unless you have a lot of trouble fighting all 6 Pokemon in the same match near the end of All Star, save your Hammers for something difficult.

Collect ALL stickers is probably a good candidate for a hammer.

Looks like 100-man brawl with every character is voted the biggest candidate. I've used it on that already anyway, and with good reason, who can be bothered?

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Ok as for me I got 2 hammers.
One I haven't got is the 30 Hours of Brawl
The 2 hammers I used were on 50 and 100 Hours of Brawls.

I hope I made the right choice for those 2 hammers :/.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
''Get all stickers'' and ''Clear 100 man brawl with every characters'' are the only reasons I'd be tempted to use this. But I like single player so I'm going for all challenges without hammers.

For those who want to use it on boss battles intense (and have the version that allow them to) at least try Charizard and Rock Smash a few times. And neither all-star or classic on intense is worth hammering, intense in Brawl isn't even nearly as hard as very hard was in Melee.

Mentally Disturbed

Smash Apprentice
Used hammer on intense boss battles as well.

I was running very low on windows at the time, (had less than 10 left, no golden hammers used at that point). I used the others on 100-man brawl with everybody, one for 10 kills on cruel brawl, one for 15-minute brawl and 1 which I can't remember (obviously something stupid) (should've used one for the stickers, now down to that and 100 hours on vs.)

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I done 10 kills on Cruel Brawl but it took many tries :urg:.

15 min Brawl I may try with Jiggypuff.

I may use the last two hammers (once I unlock the last hammer for 30 hours of brawl) on 100-Man Brawl with everyone (since you get no reward for clearing it with 10 or 20) and Boss Battles on Very Hard (since it's close to Intense).

I can do Boss Battles on easy and Normal and Hard to get the other rewards and i'm over 2/3on Stickers.

Dupon

Smash Rookie
I used all my hammers on stupid things just to clear the screen from those ugly hammers.

1-100-man brawl with all characters
2-15-minute brawl
3-10 kos in cruel brawl
4-a target smash(dont remember which one) with all characters
5-build 15 stages in the stage builder

Nowadays I've already finished 3,4 and 5, I think the only one worth using is 100 man brawl and 15 minute brawl, cruel brawl is easy with diddy kong, just go to the ledge, fall, use up-b, and keep repeating, the up-b spikes.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Does Anybody Know What Happens When U Clear All The Challenges?
Nothing.

In fact, you get nothing for clearing all challenges, and not using a single golden hammer.

In another thread(on these boards, forgot what it was called), someone confirmed it and said nothing.

Well, maybe you get a notice(the person just said nothing). Also, nothing for getting 100% also on SSE also.

Also, there are no unbreakable stuff on the PAL version of Brawl, according to the super-smash wiki on the differences between the Brawl versions.

I'm so tempted to use one of my Hammers on the Sticker Challenge...
So tempted!!!
Personally, I'd use the hammers on things that I'd have to actually "try" to get to get.

For things I don't want to use hammer on:
1. 100 Hours of "vs" Brawl. Eventually, I'll get this anyway. Unless you play ONLINE only(which doesn't count for challenges, unfortunately), youe will get that eventually.

2. Stickers. Unless you have items off all the time, you'll eventually get all stickers. Otherwise, just HAMMER IT if you want to but if you play with items, just wait it out.

3. Trophies. Unless you're completely ignoring Coin Launcher, this is also one of those that you'll probably get by just playing normally.

I usually do a coin launcher every so often.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Well, I never saw a Golden Hammer all the time I've played Brawl. It's wierd, but I never saw a Gooey Bomb either. Maybe it's because I never use items. I just do advanced move, Like the D-Tilt and Up Dairs. Up Dairs are great.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
1. 100 Man Brawl with every character
2. 5 kos in Cruel Brawl
3. 10 kos in Cruel Brawl

Yeah I'm lazy. The other two don't have much use seeing as they don't work on Boss Battles.

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
I used them randomly on these 2, not knowing what they were:
Clear level 4 of Target Smasn with every character
Clear 100 man Brawl with all characters.

I olan to use the other 3 on stickers, 2000 kos and Intense All Star.

Meccs

@Meccs_
the ones where you have to do things with every character would be the best imo. but my little sister was playing it and unlocked something, and I come downstairs and she's on that screen and asks "How do I get out? I used all the hammers but I can't get back" -__-

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Used hammer on intense boss battles as well.

I was running very low on windows at the time, (had less than 10 left, no golden hammers used at that point). I used the others on 100-man brawl with everybody, one for 10 kills on cruel brawl, one for 15-minute brawl and 1 which I can't remember (obviously something stupid) (should've used one for the stickers, now down to that and 100 hours on vs.)
I hope that you are kidding on that, because my game would not let me use a hammer on intense boss battle. It took two weeks of practicing to beat it with Jigglypuff. Stickers is definitely the best one to use it on. I did that and 100-man brawl, and kept the rest of the hammers. For some reason, I thought Nintendo would reward you for doing so, but I found I was a fool afterwards...:urg:

Top Bottom