• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best use of Golder Hammers?

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
100 Man Melee with every character.

You can't use them on boss mode related stuff, so just use them on whatever you found tedious. All-Star on Intense would be a candidate, as would beating target tests with all characters. You have to beat all-star and classic with every character for their trophies anyway, so I wouldn't recommend doing that. The all stickers and 500 trophies challenges you'll get eventually, as well as the 100 hours of Brawls. So yeah, just anything you find tedious because the only challenging stuff you'd want to use them on you can't (boss mode on intense, for example).

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
the only thing I wanted to use it on was boss battles intense, but I managed to beat that, so I refuse to use them on anything less : /

but yeah, smashing 100 man brawl with every character will save you a lot of frustration.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
1. 100 man melee with every character
2. Endure 15 minute Brawl
3. 100 hours of Brawls
4. 2000+ KOs in Brawls
5. Play 50 hours of Bralls

Best use of all of the hammers, in my opinion. The first one and second one are just frustrating, and the others are things you will get eventually but just take longer than everything else in there. The last three are in order from shortest to longest amount of time (at least from my experience so far), so if you feel there is another challenge that you can't do then start by doing the last one on the list manually.

Most of the challenges aren't really hard though, or can be done by blowing some of your coins (eg. All Star mode on intense). There are like 4 that are actually hard/frustrating, and you can only use hammers on 2 of them.

SlashMolder

Smash Apprentice
Ok, well i used it on the 100 man brawl, 100 hours of brawl, allstar on intense. I guess I'll go for something like the break the targets with all characters for the other two.

Lorcl678

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be a waste to use a Golden Hammer on All Star on Intense since you can pretty much use as many continues as you want (if you're rich with coins), but definitely use it on the "Beat 100 man brawl with all characters."

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
10 KOs in cruel brawl. Annoying as hell.
Not really, there is a pretty easy strategy out there with multi-jump characters where you cause them to suicide. Takes 5 minutes or so get it down and get all 10 kills. I guess it is an option though since there aren't THAT many hard ones anyway, definitely not five boxes that really need the hammer. Just 2-3.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Since you get 5 hammers, (one from getting the Clock trophy and one from getting the Golden Hammer Trophy, along with the first 3), you can use 2 or 3 of them on whatever. The Collect All Stickers and 100 Multi-Man Brawl with all Characters are two that come to mind. All Boss Rush Mode, but everything else is required anyway to get all of the trophies.

~Strong Bad

KEM82

Smash Rookie
1. 100 man melee with every character
2. Endure 15 minute Brawl
3. 100 hours of Brawls
4. 2000+ KOs in Brawls
5. Play 50 hours of Bralls

Best use of all of the hammers, in my opinion. The first one and second one are just frustrating, and the others are things you will get eventually but just take longer than everything else in there. The last three are in order from shortest to longest amount of time (at least from my experience so far), so if you feel there is another challenge that you can't do then start by doing the last one on the list manually.

Most of the challenges aren't really hard though, or can be done by blowing some of your coins (eg. All Star mode on intense). There are like 4 that are actually hard/frustrating, and you can only use hammers on 2 of them.

Why did you choose 3-5 as candidates? Beating Classic on Intense should take the place of one of those three in my opinion.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Why did you choose 3-5 as candidates? Beating Classic on Intense should take the place of one of those three in my opinion.
On that you can just spam continues until you succeed. He felt that the time-span or KO counts did not justify the overheated Wii so he went with those.

And I was thinking about wasting a hammer on the Intense Boss Rush, but since you cant I just may use it on the ones listed. :urg:

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
I wasted all my hammers on easy things, but desired things, so now I am hammerless with alot of difficult stuff to do. However, why is Classic on intense hard? I beat it fairly easily. My real trouble comes from Cruel Brawl, I just can't kill 5 of those things.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I wasted all my hammers on easy things, but desired things, so now I am hammerless with alot of difficult stuff to do. However, why is Classic on intense hard? I beat it fairly easily. My real trouble comes from Cruel Brawl, I just can't kill 5 of those things.
There's a strat I read on a couple thread here where you just use jigglypuff and constantly fly under Battlefield. The AI will randomly try to chase you and die.

hova

Smash Champion
I did cruel Brawl on my first try. If you just ledge stall with Marth(drop down and upB). they will eventually jump into it and get wall spiked

Slake

Smash Rookie
As for the 15 minute brawl, just fly under the stage back and forth with jigglypuff/metaknight/whomever for 15 mins, it's not too bad.

Fizzmix

Smash Rookie
As for the 15 minute brawl, just fly under the stage back and forth with jigglypuff/metaknight/whomever for 15 mins, it's not too bad.
For this, I just waited until a beam sword appeared and hung out at the side of the level hitting A repeatedly (stopping of course, when a bomb spawned beside me).

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
Don't use it for 100 man brawl for every character. Once you practice, it takes less than ten minutes per character. And that's factoring in getting killed once by items near the end and then starting over. Only took me a couple days.

Slake

Smash Rookie
Don't use it for 100 man brawl for every character. Once you practice, it takes less than ten minutes per character. And that's factoring in getting killed once by items near the end and then starting over. Only took me a couple days.
Once you use the hammer, it takes less than 5 seconds period. lol

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
What challenges did you use your hammers on? I'm trying to identify which ones can or cannot be broken, so far I only have Intense Classic & Boss Battles as unbreakable, and that you can break all characters' 100-man brawl, as well as All-Star on intense.

Also, do you start with 3 golden hammers? I thought you started with none; though I have marked that you get one from the timer, and one from the golden hammer trophies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I haven't used any of my Golden Hammers yet. My first intention was to use them on the Intense skill level objectives, but learning that Golden Hammers can't break them burns me up.

Magikarp

Smash Cadet
Best use of hammer in my opinion is "play stage shadow moses island ten times"
QFT.

I used mine on-

Endure 15 Minute Melee
All Star on Intense
All Star on Very Hard
Clear Target Test 3 in under 20 Seconds

Yes i know, i wasted them on the last three. Didn't know you could continue with the All Star ones, and i was just mad at the target test, but i eventually did do it. Classic On Intense wasn't TOO hard, just use continues and you'll be fine. =P Did that with Marth and 2 continues.

My last hammer, i'll probably be using on clear 100 man brawl with all characters, just don't feel like doing that.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
My Friend was going to use the Hamma on Allstar=Intense, We were able to beat it co-op He used Pikachu, I used Lucario. It was pretty hard

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
I'm deleting my game and making a new one because now that I see all the challenges I want my hammers back XD

Magikarp

Smash Cadet
You're allowed to continue on All Star to break that window in the challenges.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
None of them.

The best use for the Golden Hammers is to show that you've cleared the grid without using one!

Enjoy your 100-Man Brawl with every character, though. That one's going to take you weeks.

P.S. People who use Golden Hammers are WEAK.

P.P.S. People who use all their Golden Hammers and choose to delete their game so they can save them for the hardest challenges are SUPER WEAK.

Starscream

Smash Ace
I've finished every challenge and these are the ones I used my hammers on.

2000 KOs in Brawls
1000 KOs in Brawls
Collect all stickers
Get over 500 different Trophies
100 Man Brawl with every character - sorry but call me WEAK or whatever, this isn't fun. All Star with every character was such a boring chore as well.

Magikarp

Smash Cadet
Why'd you use your hammers on the first...4... star? All of those you'd get eventually anyway. 100 Man Brawl is understandable though

With as much as alot of people will be playing, 1000 kos and 2000 kos will be pretty easy, and if you do a Sticker Factory you'll get them. Trophies should be even easier, just play coin launcher a lot. =P

Starscream

Smash Ace
I don't have people over too often so 2000 and 1000 KOs would take quite some time. Don't feel like wasting my time with a sticker factory. I only did that for CDs because those are actually worth it. Trophy launcher... I'd rather be Brawling. I had finished every other challenge already and I had 5 hammers so I just got it done with.

Top Bottom