• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best use of Golder Hammers?

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Nothing.

In fact, you get nothing for clearing all challenges, and not using a single golden hammer.

In another thread(on these boards, forgot what it was called), someone confirmed it and said nothing.

Well, maybe you get a notice(the person just said nothing). Also, nothing for getting 100% also on SSE also.

Also, there are no unbreakable stuff on the PAL version of Brawl, according to the super-smash wiki on the differences between the Brawl versions.

Personally, I'd use the hammers on things that I'd have to actually "try" to get to get.

For things I don't want to use hammer on:
1. 100 Hours of "vs" Brawl. Eventually, I'll get this anyway. Unless you play ONLINE only(which doesn't count for challenges, unfortunately), youe will get that eventually.

2. Stickers. Unless you have items off all the time, you'll eventually get all stickers. Otherwise, just HAMMER IT if you want to but if you play with items, just wait it out.

3. Trophies. Unless you're completely ignoring Coin Launcher, this is also one of those that you'll probably get by just playing normally.

I usually do a coin launcher every so often.
Amen to that. I say the same. I never knew about the differences in the versions though. You do get a notice for clearing all SSE levels on Intense, but notices do not mean much to me.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
I hope that you are kidding on that, because my game would not let me use a hammer on intense boss battle. It took two weeks of practicing to beat it with Jigglypuff. Stickers is definitely the best one to use it on. I did that and 100-man brawl, and kept the rest of the hammers. For some reason, I thought Nintendo would reward you for doing so, but I found I was a fool afterwards...:urg:
Golden Hammers can break every box on the PaL version of the game.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
100 Man Melee with every character.

You can't use them on boss mode related stuff, so just use them on whatever you found tedious. All-Star on Intense would be a candidate, as would beating target tests with all characters. You have to beat all-star and classic with every character for their trophies anyway, so I wouldn't recommend doing that. The all stickers and 500 trophies challenges you'll get eventually, as well as the 100 hours of Brawls. So yeah, just anything you find tedious because the only challenging stuff you'd want to use them on you can't (boss mode on intense, for example).
Boss Battles on Intense actually is not so hard if you just get the timing on the bosses right. (Which will happen after a few times.)

I have done it with Fox. (Beating Boss Battles on Intense, I mean.) With Fox you can easy dodge, laser for a lot of easy damage, reflect ssome projectiles(Reflect Meta Ridley's fast fireballs for about 90% damage when you do it right. 90% in one attack!), And his Forward air really does alot of damage.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
I used one in defeat 10 enemies in Cruel Brawl, but then I defeated 12., so I used it badly. but I used one in "100-man Brawl with all characters" and I think I did well. I still have one left. I will use it either on Boss Battles on Intense or All-Star with all characters.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
I used one in defeat 10 enemies in Cruel Brawl, but then I defeated 12., so I used it badly. but I used one in "100-man Brawl with all characters" and I think I did well. I still have one left. I will use it either on Boss Battles on Intense or All-Star with all characters.
Just so you know, you can't use it on any box that's an "intense" difficulty. So boss battles cannot be broken. : /

Dannymal

Smash Rookie
All stickers... Can anyone be bothered to replay SSE that many times? I completed all the challenges and have 3 hammers left. I needlessly wasted so much time...

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
Boss Battles on Intense is difficult if you don't practice on the bosses (I don't)
Clear *insert task here* with all characters just takes patience and seems like a waste of a hammer to me.

The best way is too take it, and smash the Brawl disk to pieces, and proceed to insert Melee disc.
You can't see me flipping you off right now, but I'm doing it...

mysticlink

Smash Cadet
NNID
Karnian
3DS FC
4141-4094-8121
i've used the golden hammer for all that is related to the multi-man brawl!

i think the best use of golden hammer is thing that you can't achieved... some like 30 hour of brawl you'll get it eventually so don't spend one of your golden hammer on these kind of challenge

you can't use the golden hammer for three thing ''all trophy for all character, all sticker and boss battle on intense''

i don't know what is happening when you got all the challenge...but i'm missing just one now...to get all the stickers

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
Well, I used mine on

1. Play 50 hours of brawls - Super Mario 64 CD :3
2. Will now use it on the 100-Melee with all characters trophy.
3. Something.

Hammers 4 and 5 are going to be classified as souvenirs, as I have no need for them, and I'm actually having fun doing all the other challenges.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I beat All Star on intense co-op, does that count as beating all star? And do I have to do it without continues?
I've not used a Golden Hammer yet, but I may use one on Dark Link Duel on hard.... I hate that event :D

I've only got a couple of challenges left though=
1. Timed target tests.
2. Classic on intense and with all characters.
3. Stickers and songs.
4. Dark Link.

and a few more.

Storm_Fox

Smash Apprentice
Just use continues for classic and all star ones its not like it matters. Cruel brawl just use jigglypuff and fly under the stage. 15 minute brawl jigglypuff again but you can just use a fan for 15 minutes.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
15 minute Brawl is easy, but I haven't finished it yet...... due to a sticky bomb with just over 2 minutes remaining XD.
Anyway, after you've killed so many, one will appear by itself. Just dodge this one, but don't kill it- that way no more allloys will spawn, and you get to do the final 10 or so minutes just dodging it's attacks.

Karas

Smash Cadet
me and my bro did almost all challenges without using them, its pointless you dont need them. everything is possible

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
Golden hammers are great for smashing your controller in frustration of singleplayer mode and items

holysnap

Smash Cadet
I had to use mine on all the All Star things, simply because my game would freeze whenever I finished All Star mode (extremely annoying especially when you just finished All star on Intense w/o dieing)

SonicX580

Smash Lord
I think you should use the hammers for

1.cruel brawl 5 kills
2.cruel brawl 10 kills
3.play 50 hours of brawl
4.endure 15 minute brawl
5.beat 100 mutiman brawl with all characters.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I think you should use the hammers for

1.cruel brawl 5 kills
2.cruel brawl 10 kills
3.play 50 hours of brawl
4.endure 15 minute brawl
5.beat 100 mutiman brawl with all characters.
Cruel brawl 5 kills is easy, and 2, 4, and 5 can be done with patience.
But why do you suggest using it on the 50 hour brawl instead of 100 hours lol?
For the 100 man brawl, just use two characters a day or something, and as long as you've got both timed challenges for it, just take as long as you need.

TheAwakening

Smash Rookie
i accidently used one of mine, on one of the easy ones -_- "collect all character trophys".
use it to smash someone when your angry. or use it to smash ike for being so cheap with smash attacks :D

Top Bottom