• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best stage for kirby?!?!?!

lucy!JOE!

Smash Cadet
personaly i think the pirate ship is best stage for kirby lots a slants for quick b-airs(others 2) and his stone specaily when the ship hits that big ol' rock :D
when the ship comes down from gettin tossed in the air puts you an SOME WHAT an advantage when your both floatin in the air (kirby+arieals=:chuckle:)
plus you can kill your opp with an up throw!!! on this stage

if you have any suggestions on which stage is best for kirby
GO FOR IT......

if this is already a forum my bad :[ lol

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Though, most people are going to say Rainbow Curise, I'll say Pokemon Stadum 2 because the Sky Field, Electric Field, and Ice Field's are highly in Kirby's favor, maybe it's just me.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I don't know if there has been a thread done on this or not. You'll have to see what the others say about that. ANYWAY I think I should get back to the topic...

Personally, my favorite stage is Norfair. :) That stage hasn't let me down once yet. Stages that consist of platforms FTW! I can shark SO many people here reasonably well while defending myself by grabbing on those platforms to gain invincibility frames. Then I repeat the process while avoiding their attacks. Also, the lava helps me get some of KO's too because I can just knock my opponent into the lava and get a KO 75% of the time depending on their percentage. If it doesn't KO them well, extra damage build up is always helpful.

I'm starting to work on liking Brinstar too. So far it's going well for me as I am utilizing more and more of Kirby's tricks on this stage. ^_^ I can catch many people off guard with that stone glitch on this stage. :laugh: Also, acid damaging my opponents = win. If they don't get hit by the acid, I'll attack them when they retreat to the top of the platform. Also, both stages help against chain grabbers and Brinstar helps me against some projectile users and I can refresh my moves when I attack those 'columns'. I like Rainbow Cruise too, but I don't like it as much as Norfair or Brinstar. RC probably my third favorite out of Kirby's good stages. I feel uncomfortable on Jungle Japes and I also feel awkward being there. Therefore, I don't go on it often.

Both Brinstar and Norfair are my favorite Kirby stages overall. I think RC is good too, but not as good as Norfair or Brinstar IMO.

Hmm...I didn't think I'd ever find someone who likes going on Pirate Ship with Kirby. Well, select what you think will benefit you however IMO, there are better Kirby stages than that. Also Kirby can't gimp his opponents because of the water which means you'll have to rely on your KO moves to get them off stage. Just a tip, don't take Ike here. He will destroy Kirby on that stage.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
my favorite stage is final destination against a non bad camper and BF against a bad camper. I guess I just like neutrality so theres no chance ill get hit by some random klaptrap or lava or something...because i usually feel like i can win on neutrals i guess

also the sides of FD never gimp me =)

Atria

Smash Journeyman
my favorite stage is final destination against a non bad camper and BF against a bad camper. I guess I just like neutrality so theres no chance ill get hit by some random klaptrap or lava or something...because i usually feel like i can win on neutrals i guess

also the sides of FD never gimp me =)
Yeah, that'd be the wise thing to do. FD is okay for Kirby, but don't go on it against projectile users or chain grabbers. If you are up against a projectile user, go on Battlefield. Battlefield is my favorite neutral stage BTW. I don't think that the stage lip on FD has caught me yet when I use Kirby. EVER.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
^
^
This guy makes me laugh.

My favorite stage for Kirby? Havent played as him much...Im gonna say Smashville. Its basically FD with a moving platform. If someones trying to camp, we can approach on the platform. Whats more intimidating then a pink puffball coming at you VERY slowly on a moving platform. :laugh:

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
As much as I like Rainbow Cruise, it's normally banned in Florida so I never bother to play there.
I really haven't tried Pokemans Stadium 2 seriously. I'll check it out next time.

V

Smash Ace
jungle japes and rainbow cruise definitely. there have been posts in other threads that have stated this. japes because its easy to KO horizontally and it has a super high ceiling, so ppl have a harder time KOing you up top. RC just because you can abuse it. my only qualm with norfair is that if you UpB and aim exactly for the edge, you don't grab it and fall to your death. a couple others would be hanenbow and skyworld, though im not sure if they're legal or not. i forgot...

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Skyworld is legal, though I'm pretty sure Hannenbow is out.

Speaking of which, skyworld used to be my favorite/best stage with kirby... only problem is that in all the Utah tourneys its pretty much insta-banned by my opponent :(

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ummm... Aren't Skyworld and PS2 both banned?

Also, I do like Pirate Ship for Kirby actually. Drill kick to rock in the water is awesome.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Guys, I just got done playing an INSANE DeDeDe. Forget what I said about Smashville, Skyworld IS Kirby's best stage. Against Tether-Recovery characters such as Olimar or Sheik, its an easy win. Against anyone that HAS to grab the edge to recover (Which is, I dunno, almost the WHOLE cast of characters :laugh:) All we have to do is destroy the edges, piece of cake! Kirby's insane recovery can save him no matter where hes at on this level.

His FC can get us back on stage when there are platforms destroyed. Man I could just go on forever!

Edit: I added my reasoning. :)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Skyworld is also banned... Even if it weren't, I would NEVER bring a D3 there, or in fact anyone with a decent knockup and/or recovery.

I don't know, I would understand why PS2 would be banned, and always thought it was.

As for the OP, I think Kirby's best stage depends entirely on who you're facing.

I'd put JJ and RC near the top of the list though.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I think PS1 is the best all around Kirby stage.

Lots of walls to jab people against.
Weird ledges which **** with a lot of characters.
Windmill is awesome for Kirby.
Size of the stage is also perfect.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ah yes, since Pokemon Stadum is my favroite stage, (since Pokemon Stadum 2 is not in a lot of tourney's), best fields for Kirby is the Water Field, and Rock Field, Fire Field is his worst, and Grass Field is alright.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I think PS1 is the best all around Kirby stage.

Lots of walls to jab people against.
Weird ledges which **** with a lot of characters.
Windmill is awesome for Kirby.
Size of the stage is also perfect.
Yea, PS1/Brinstar is my cp, and, on the rare occasion it's neutral, my neutral. And you forgot that kirby's upthrow has some wicked effects (like, lucario and sheik, upthrow on the left side of the stage facing right, closest you can be to the edge (I'm not sure if this works on the other side of the stage), uthrow basically spikes them to death while you stay onstage. This might work on other chars. CF on skyworld when you break the platform right next to the rightmost platform that has ledges comes to mind). And not to mention uthrow kirbycides with the windmill (the only 2 other stages that you can do uthrow kirbycides on, are, to the best of my knowlegde, skyworld and hyrule).

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
Um, I'm pretty sure Pirate Ship is one of Kirby's worst stages, as it is CP'd for him often. Water means it's harder to gimp opponnets (or impossible) and the stage hazards kill him at bone chillingly low percents. RC is good for Kirby for obvious reasons, as is Jungle Japes for reasons I cannot elaborate on. As for PS1, I don't see why it benefits Kirby so much, I just choose it cuz it's my favorite stage. :D

inb4asdiohswalloftextaboutbrinstar

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
yea pkmn stadium 1 is pretty good for kirby, jungle japes and norfair are pretty unpredictable, which kirby counters with his recovery
as for neutrals, i think battle field is the best, ledges give kirby some new tactical options with the help of copy abilities

ShockisBack

Smash Rookie
i like Pictochat. the shockwave stone on the right makes a good edgeguard and it's easy for kirby to both avoid the hazards and manipulate his opponent into them. RC is good for obvious reasons. Pirate Ship rounds out my top 3. Multiple jumps makes it extremely easy to avoid the bombs, and the launcher can be DI'd out of at high percents. Also, most of my matches have led to lots of water fights against people that have spikes. Personally, i like using bair to hit them into the godly pirate ship spike.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ah yes, since Pokemon Stadum is my favroite stage, (since Pokemon Stadum 2 is not in a lot of tourney's), best fields for Kirby is the Water Field, and Rock Field, Fire Field is his worst, and Grass Field is alright.

Meh, there are some tricks you can do on the fire stage, but yeah, the rock one is my favorite (except vs Pikachu).

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Meh, there are some tricks you can do on the fire stage, but yeah, the rock one is my favorite (except vs Pikachu).
Especially since...maybe this is known...

If you are pressed against a wall, and you up-b into it, the projectile goes through the wall.

So kirby can actually camp on that stage, in the pit where you can jab lock, because you can't punish through a wall (unless its d3's ftilt or something).

FTWin

Smash Cadet
smashville.
the only guy I really get to play against is a ness/lucas main, and idk if its just him or what, but I really just don't lose there.
and a close second?
Pokemon Stadium 2 has always treated my kirby good, so that's another one to pick.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Maybe it's just me, but I really REALLY like Frigate as Kirby. Granted it's not the best stage for him, but it is pretty good, and I dunno... I just like it.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
My personal favorites consist of Battlefield and Lylat Cruise, none more than the other. FD comes at a close 2nd because it's perfectly flat and has no place to run.

Allied

Smash Master
Final destination is acually pretty bad for kirby especially against campy characters like rob or luda
also i always have a problem getting side stage kills

my normal stage of counterpick in tournaments now is usually rainbow cruise or frigate opheron i usually fair well but it also depends on character match ups

idk my fave is usually poke stadium 1 tho <3

FalconPunchingKirby

Smash Rookie
I like Bridge of Eldin, get your opponent in your cooking pot of doom, and send send them into the abyss before they can recover, pick up the items, and win =), noobness ftw

link64e

Smash Apprentice
Any stage is good for Kirby; There isn't a stage that really gimps him.

I usually ban FD right off the bat. It Eliminates Locks, chain grabs, and Projectiles for the most part.
Since I live in Florida, picking Rainbow Cruise isn't an option. (Even though its a good counter pick stage)

I start off with either BattleField or Yoshi's Island. Then I counter pick with Norfair or Frigate. (Not quite RC but good enough)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I like Bridge of Eldin, get your opponent in your cooking pot of doom, and send send them into the abyss before they can recover, pick up the items, and win =), noobness ftw
Wouldn't matter, Bridge of Eldin is banned.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Granted that this is a discussion for Kirby's best stages, not your personal favorites, I think people should start discussing the stages.

I think that Battlefield is not that Bad for Kirby. If you could maintain the opponent in the Air, try to get them to land on the platforms. I think Down Grab makes them Land on one of the platforms, which lets you Uair. I dunno, maybe even Air Hammer if you predict it right. Try to see where they roll; if they stand; if they attack and figure out a pattern to punish.

All of this is, of course, assuming they land on a platform with the tech chase lag. If they don't tech, kudos for you.

Top Bottom