• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee™

I need it....
Simple question that I haven't seen asked on these boards. Who do you think is the best Pit Player out there and why?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sagemoon, nuff said. Not even I could be at his level, even my highest level of ATs, tricks, and aggression, compared to his grand experience.
I'd probably be under him, Rogue, Undr, Electro Sun, Kown, EPF, and kupo Pit-wise... Now i dont feel that good anymore...
*lets out a few tears*

Coffee™

I need it....
I've never heard of Electro Sun or EPF, who are they? In my opinion I would say Danny/C.Doc is the best Pit, with Sagemoon coming in second.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Can't really tell who is the best because we all are in different regions. Also the different regions have better players. Commonly said is EC > WC but thats just an example.

IMO <------ It's right there!!!!!!!!!!!

Sagemoon is the best on WC

I've heard that Danny, is a good pit in florida, he's actually the only one I've ever heard of in South Atlantic. So Danny is the best in South Atlantic

And I am currently the best ranking Pit in North Atlantic.

Dr. X is the only Pit I've heard in MW. Also since he's apparently as good as OS. He's mostly likely best in MW

Ryanarius is most likely the best in Europe

Aisengobay is Most likely the best in South America.

And "Mashashi" or something like that. Appears to be the best in Japan.

Just my opinion, Now let's flame me.

Edit: I think Undr is MW so he might be the best there, but his location only says "Now that's a secret"

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Umm im probably one of the better online pit players. I did sorta win the online tournament hosted by corrupt or w/e his name is.

As far as i can tell im one of the best pit mainer in hawaii. Based on what i hear from the hawaii brawl forum. There are no pit mainers in the tournament scene. But then again, pit isnt all that popular what so ever, he is just seen as a spammer in the eyes of the non pit players. Everyones always amazed when i dont spam and still win. They are always like "omg best pit ive played against." lol.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
East Coast BABY! If only I wasn't looking at yet ANOTHER surgery I could get out there and start making a bigger name for myself. =P

As for the best I've seen (leaving myself out of the equation for no particular reason), it would have to be Sagemoon or Danny.

Actually, to keep things all nice and non-confrontational it'd probably be easier to mention people by "best of region". Again all from video study.

West Coast - Sagemoon
Mid-West - Doc.
Mid-Atlantic - UndrDog (sorry Rouge =P)
South - Danny
Super West Coast - Ryos LOL

Europe I'll just say Ryanarius since I don't know of any better. International Europian Brawl tournies don't seem to be the "bee's knees" yet.

Japan I don't even know. Musashi hasn't impressed me but then again any Video Game Tournaments in Japan would have to be underground since it's illegal now from what I've heard.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I'm a big fan of Sage, personally. As for me being the best Pit in the MW, I'm also one of the only Pits in the MW, at least as far as people who really know the character beyond just spamming and roll to fsmash. We need more representation of that guy. :(

MuBa told me he was switching. I'm eager to see someone else try so I can see whether or not my dominance around here is just due to lack of competition. :p

QUIVO

Smash Master
Forward's the best imo. Even with the online, and Pit's from different Region's I've played. This is based solely on experience and not just videos. Watch him vs AlphaZealot. He's really basic, but his spacing is superb as is his intelligence.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I can't say I'm impressed by Forward, Q. Honestly it doesn't look like it's so much because he's smart that he won but rather that AZ never fought a Pit before. Look at the bair at the end. Would you have ever let me hit you with that? Ever?

That move more than anything is why Pit can do really well against someone with very little experience against him. People don't expect a killing aerial from him...

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I play Sean often so I can vouch that he is indeed a very smart player. He adjusts his game and doesn't repeat mistakes often. His Pit is like Drephen's Sheik in a way. No flashy moves needed.

In that tourney, he lost in finals to Inui's MK.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well duh. I don't think there's ever been a Pit that wasn't eliminated by a Metaknight. lol

But really, Forward is a smart player who plays the fundamentals very well. Two very simple things that make a great player. However if it were so simple then more players would fight like him right? =P

QUIVO

Smash Master
AZ only fought his pit like the night before, so he didn't know the matchup so well.

IIRC, he did pretty well vs inui's mk with his pit in a casual match.

IDK, his pit's the hardest I've played and he doesn't even play the game (buahaha you guys lose) much. I'd say it was mostly because he was attentive throughout my matches with him and countered some of my actions with basic ****.

I'm not saying you guys should be impressed with him cause he's not all show, but IMO he had a good pit.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Inui is okay but he isn't that god of a player, actually Inui plays pit, and i MM ditto'ed him and ***** him. Plus in Doubles i was taking his MK out and gimping him with mirror shield. If Inui is the obstacle for you guys than I'm god. And Undr i didn't even think you still went to tournaments, You've been so decrete about everything.

What tourneys do you go to?
Who do you play besides the samus?
What places do you come in?
How far do you travel?
Also I've never heard anyone speak of you IRL as a pit player.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Nah he wasnt impossible for us to beat. I had close games with him as did AZ.

Also, are you talking about his mk? He never once went pit, or any other character from what I saw. I'm not saying Inui's an amazing player at all, im just saying he's good.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I understand and he doesn't go pit much, but he says he main's Pit, he's in my pit social group on AIB, and he sometimes uses pit in doubles. But because of Tiers, he uses MK, basically a more effective version of pit. Or just with better match-ups. Whos AZ btw? and yea i was talking about his Mk

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I quit going to Smash tournaments due to my condition. After I recovery from my next surgery and if it goes well I should be hitting the scene more. I've only been to three tournaments due to this and the fact that Metaknight is about the only character I get to fight.

As for who I play? Back in the Melee days I was very active, but since my first surgery on my feet I haven't been able to travel far or often. v_v

As for people not talking about me? lol Why would they? =P

QUIVO

Smash Master
I play Sean often so I can vouch that he is indeed a very smart player. He adjusts his game and doesn't repeat mistakes often. His Pit is like Drephen's Sheik in a way. No flashy moves needed.

In that tourney, he lost in finals to Inui's MK.
From what I remember, and I know, they split and played casual rounds for 1st/2nd.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui is okay but he isn't that god of a player, actually Inui plays pit, and i MM ditto'ed him and ***** him. Plus in Doubles i was taking his MK out and gimping him with mirror shield. If Inui is the obstacle for you guys than I'm god. And Undr i didn't even think you still went to tournaments, You've been so decrete about everything.
I hadn't played Pit for a long time when I did that Pit ditto, and I never had Pit ditto experience. :( The first match was very close, btw. In teams you got 3rd and I got 1st, so lol @ doing all right vs me and Atomsk in one set???

I've been messing around with Pit again recently after seeing and playing Forward's Pit, which is by far the best one I've ever seen/played. I'll MM you again and see how it goes LOL. My Pit is pretty good again...I think.

I don't main Pit, btw. I haven't mained him for a long time. I just used to main him when the game first came out and I still use him because he's hot LOL.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
I like Forward's playing style. He doesn't rely too much on arrow tricks and shows that Pit can still be a threat in close and aerial combat.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Ryanarius is most likely the best in Europe
"
Europe I'll just say Ryanarius since I don't know of any better. International Europian Brawl tournies don't seem to be the "bee's knees" yet.
As much as I'd like to take credit for being the best pit in Europe there is the problem that I don't live in Europe... not exactly sure how you got the idea I was from Europe but I'm actually from South Carolina.

As I feel no one knows anything about me a quick bio: I'm doing well in my region that is Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama and occasionally Tennessee... Florida smashers rarely seem to leave their state for anything short of a national tournament. I believe I've won seven of the eight tournaments I've been to since August (to be fair about half of those were a weekly tournament solid turnout but about the same people) using pit. Since release I've probably won about 10 tournaments total.

I normally avoid these types of threads but I thought I should correct the Europe stuff and then I wanted to point out I do well with pit. :bee:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Shoot, I got the names mixed up again. There is a guy with a similar name to your's. You made the Pit video for MLG, and he's the dude who imported the game and started owning overseas. >_< Anybody remember his name please post it. >_<

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
im the best pit

if you dont think that play whit me but no in wi fi
No Wifi johns

I believe the other related thread was closed, but Rogue and Sage are close, from my experience. Sage wins so far, with Rogue by a close 2nd, then EPF, and then Haven, from what i faced.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Then I self proclaim myself Best Pit in California! There's a lot of Californian Metaknights these days :( I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom