• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best "Overall" Wolf Players? (present time)

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
It's been a while since I been on this site some months actually since this crud sandwich of a game's been released. Though it's getting a lot of play by people so I won't knock the game anymore. I've decided to play this game at tourneys for $$$, and to act like a idgit just for kicks.

I am picking up Wolf, Poke Trainer, and Wario. But ignore the other 2 characters I mentioned..I'm curious to who are the best Wolf players in the U.S are right now. Every video I see with a Wolf player. The player is either lackluster, or doesn't show anything new. So who's the best, and if so show the links to their videos. Thanx.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Candy just won a tournament with Wolf / Snake.

Lucien quit Brawl and GERM...dunoo what he's doing. Omni apparently plays MK now so...yeah

Blazer

Smash Ace
Pretty sure the best is Germ ATM. Lucien is pretty good, but you don't see him doing quite as well as Germ.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, I'm sure there are plenty of amazing Wolf players that aren't just popularized.

*cough*Me*cough*

Hehe. Just messin'. I'm not that full of myself. I'll have some videos up, soon.

D

Deleted member

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Haha. I've been saying that since Brawl came out. Wow I suck. Alright, alright.

I'm going to eat breakfast, brush my teeth, put my acne medicene on, take out the trash, feed the dog, clean the dog poop, register for some tests, do my homework

AND THEN I will put some videos of me on the internet so all the love can be felt.

Happy?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
lucien's last videos before he quit is the highest level of wolf play i've seen. Candy is a smart player, and beats his opponents through sheer intelligent play. Technically, i wouldn't say he plays wolf to his highest level though

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Exactly. It's an age old debate, but mindgames are definitely superior to technical ability. Technical ability can only take you so high up the mountain of competitive play, but to get to the top you need mindgames. However, the same can't be said for the opposite.

In Melee I could agree that one could definitely go far without mindgames, as it was a very technical oriented game. Personally, I was overwhelmed by technical Falcos simply because of the sheer speed they moved. They were like a moving hit box.

In Brawl, however, there is much less technical ability involved. No 2 frame openings for SWD, or double shining, etc. Brawl is more of a strategy game, like Chess. You can know all the rules and tricks in the book in Chess, but you won't win and you definitely won't be the best if you can't think. The same applies to Brawl. So given your reasoning that would make Candy the superior player.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
No one has seen my wolf since my last post of videos, which was like 5 or 6 months ago max.

D

Deleted member

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
No one has seen my wolf since my last post of videos, which was like 5 or 6 months ago max.
I've always wanted to see your Wolf in action.

Anyways to stay on-topic:
Lucien quit Brawl
GERM is M.I.A (lol)
but you should look at Candy's Wolf its the best that i've seen so far.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I am starting to compose a list of current Wolf players who seem good ATM. I dont know if they are tourney players or not.

Omniswell (he's really good imo, best i've seen)
Candy
Lv. 99 (1st time seeing him today)
Rooki3
The GERM

any other contributions to the list will be cool...Also I will be editing the title.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
So given your reasoning that would make Candy the superior player.
Lucien has amazing mindgames as well. I'd actually say he has even better mindgames than candy due to his amazing anticipation on what the opponent is going to do. He destroys jem's mk and falco even though those two characters are wolf's worst matchups. Lucien's technical skill wasn't perfect however. He lost to sk92 in one of the matches because he tried to speed hug the edge, but failed.

Btw, I feel that Wolf is def. one of the more technical characters in this game. My mindgames are actually pretty weak, but I'm still better than most and competative against anyone else I play due to my constant WoW pressure which is mostly technical skill.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Well, I'm sure there are plenty of amazing Wolf players that aren't just popularized.

*cough*Me*cough*

Hehe. Just messin'. I'm not that full of myself. I'll have some videos up, soon.
This. Only a few actually become popularized. It helps to have a video out.

I think I'm quite good =P

But I need to compete in larger tournaments/get videos out to be more well known.

I'm sure there are many other Smashers in the same sitaution.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There's also a dud called equi, who got 1st or 2nd in the Gigabits tournament in Forida. I think he either won or lost to HRnut

Daman205

Smash Rookie
I heard of a wolf called Zen, or something. Anyone ever seen him play? I think he's in ohio or something, not sure.
Hes from New York I believe. I've seen him play at a Play N Trade tourney there as Wolf and he was actually really good against the known people there like Ninja Link. I think he also plays Falco because of Wolf's counters.

Hey guys, I'm new. :)

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Guys... I have a revelation for you...Germ quit Brawl.

Crap, now we actually have to come up with our own crap? !!!!!!!, that's messed up.

And Lucien was a better player than Germ, probably not by much, because they're both pretty close, but Lucien was better.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Eh don't worry, I'm gonna take part in a 120-man tourney to do some reppin work for Wolf in the EU :)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I agree, Lucien was a bit better than Germ. That guy is amazing with him. So Germ and Lucien both quit Brawl?

§witch

Smash Lord
I think I saw a vid of you playing anther as well. I only watched the v Ankoku one, mainly to see how you handled wolf's worst match up. I was impressed, nice job.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
F*ck. All the big guys are either leaving wolf or leaving brawl. I guess that should say something about our character >_>

Nice vids JCav, best of luck becoming the next Omniswell. And something random: the guide says you can't 0 lag fair from the ledge in yoshi's island, but you can, you just can't go too far into the stage so it's not as useful. I liked your ledgehopped blasters btw.

Top Bottom