• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best mario player in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Best Mario indeed. His overwhelming skill changed me as a person. Not once have a seen something as gorgeous as those matches, sir, I am truly inspired by that showcase of talent this forum has never seem before, and you can damn well be sure I'll implement this unique style of play into my game in hopes of merely becoming a fraction of as good as this "Ray". Best Mario on the planet. God help us all.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
hmmm....amazing^^
he is real pretty good^^
nice stuff dude

ahha and btw i am not an amerivcan player^^
i am from germany so i HAVE skill lol^^

goodkid

Smash Lord
Maybe not the best mario in the world, but the best international Mario. BO X7 is the best american Mario.

supershadowlink

Smash Apprentice
well

it's against a friend, they know each other, u can't play so fast.. prove my point, american people sucks,... it's just logic.

supershadowlink

Smash Apprentice
well

I agree to yours and his agree, BOX7 is god mario
that mario is the 2nd in the entire country, is better than all meta's and snake's players, must be good. is better than all pr players. the best thing is his mind and brawl is mindgame so..

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
that mario is the 2nd in the entire country, is better than all meta's and snake's players, must be good. is better than all pr players. the best thing is his mind game so..
Hey, I don't think you'd be wise to say he's better than all of PR's players. I remember hearing HDL prevented him from winning one of our tourneys.

And, as much as I want to disagree on Ray being better than me... Back then, he WAS better than us, and whoa, did I learn A LOT from playing friendlies with him. I bet that a couple of us would do better than before now that we got more experience! If I remember correctly, even I took a set off from him in friendlies with my Kirby.

I agree that he is a ****ing good player though. Definitely all of us PR peeps say he's the best Mario. Ever (mostly because we haven't played any other pro marios like him). Mario definitely should be at LEAST a bit higher on the tier list according to how crazy one can play at the top of his metagame.

Edit: Just saw the quotes in the vids, and uhh... Like we say down here in PR: Massive **** riding. :p

supershadowlink

Smash Apprentice
>>???

Hey, I don't think you'd be wise to say he's better than all of PR's players. I remember hearing HDL prevented him from winning one of our tourneys.

And, as much as I want to disagree on Ray being better than me... Back then, he WAS better than us, and whoa, did I learn A LOT from playing friendlies with him. I bet that a couple of us would do better than before now that we got more experience! If I remember correctly, even I took a set off from him in friendlies with my Kirby.

I agree that he is a ****ing good player though. Definitely all of us PR peeps say he's the best Mario. Ever (mostly because we haven't played any other pro marios like him). Mario definitely should be at LEAST a bit higher on the tier list according to how crazy one can play at the top of his metagame.

Edit: Just saw the quotes in the vids, and uhh... Like we say down here in PR: Massive **** riding. :p
did he beat u or not?, he's better than before. just like u. so... he and roy are too good. u know that

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
did he beat u or not?, he's better than before. just like u. so... he and roy are too good. u know that
I've never played against roy, since Ray usually appears by himself around in PR. And of COURSE he beat me more than I beat him, no necesito esconder lo obvio! :bee:

Y no dudo que sea mejor que antes, ha pasado tiempo desde que vino a PR. Time well spent, I'm glad to hear! Can't wait for more out-of-country matches. :D

supershadowlink

Smash Apprentice
hey

I've never played against roy, since Ray usually appears by himself around in PR. And of COURSE he beat me more than I beat him, no necesito esconder lo obvio! :bee:

Y no dudo que sea mejor que antes, ha pasado tiempo desde que vino a PR. Time well spent, I'm glad to hear! Can't wait for more out-of-country matches. :D
lo que queremos es mandar a alguien para alla para que gane o este en los primeros 10. estamos puestos para eso., y roy es el fox que ray debio hablarles alguna vez. ponganse uds tambien que los americanos nos discriminan.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
lo que queremos es mandar a alguien para alla para que gane o este en los primeros 10. estamos puestos para eso., y roy es el fox que ray debio hablarles alguna vez. ponganse uds tambien que los americanos nos discriminan.
Si, admito que de vez en cuando unas cuantas personas se ponen que "nadie le puede ganar a EU", y cuando tratamos de mostrarles a nuestros mejores jugadores, nos dicen que estamos "OK, he's alright, but definitely we have the best [character] main(s)". Pero pues, es parte de no vivir allá me imagino.

And ahh, yeah, Ray talked about Roy, but I've never seen any videos of his Fox. Ray called Fox's usmash the "gilette". We all laughed because it DOES remind us of a razor, heheheh.

supershadowlink a question:
where d'you live??
He lives in Dominican Republic, right next to PR. We're neighbor islands. ;)

JUDGE

Smash Lord
all right thx kewkky^^
ahhh and please speak english :)
oder soll ich euch in deutsch volllabern???
jaja ihr versteht bestimmt kein einziges wort ihr kleinen verlierer muhahaha
nein nein ihr seit keine verlierer^^ ich mag euch alle :)

yeah that was german muhahaha

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
yeah that was german muhahaha
I noticed, lol. I might not know much german, but whenever someone says deutsch, it's not that hard to figure out.

And I spoke spanish because it's a language we both share as our native tongues, I'll continue speaking in english if he addresses me again. :)

JUDGE

Smash Lord
hahaha^^ alright thx again x'DD
btw, when did you play against ray???
and where does he lives??

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
hahaha^^ alright thx again x'DD
btw, when did you play against ray???
and where does he lives??
Umm... He lives in Dominican Republic too, and I played against him last in april (or may?) 2009. He might not look like much in the video, but playing him in person is seriously a whole different experience... Much like every player known to man...

Unless you're watching a combo video, then it's the other way around usually.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What Kanzaki said.

And just from those videos, I'd say I was better personally. =P

And seriously, that Falco sucked. Anyone can win against a sucky Falco. <_<

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
What Kanzaki said.

And just from those videos, I'd say I was better personally. =P
You can't really trust what videos say about a person. In a real-time match, you're not able to rewind a video and think of something you could've done to counter whatever the opponent did, you're in the ehat of a match, and even if you deny feeling fight-or-flight, you know you're not able to play patient enough to think about every single decision your opponent is bound to do to you at a given situation.

If you say you're better than him, you're saying you're better than me, TLMSheikant, Rated, Excel_Zero, Yubi, Eval, MPD, LMAX and HDL. All PR power rankers. And I hope you've seen what Excel_Zero can do in his participation at Genesis, because not even HE can consistently beat Ray, even while using MK.

I'm not dissing you, by the way, or baiting flames. Just trying to back Ray up, because I've personally played against him and stuff.

And that Falco didn't look good at all >.>
Say it with me: Looking good and playing good are two different things, and I'm pretty sure he's no amateur Falco.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That Falco did a lot of dumb things like not camping enough, falling for obvious F-smashes, and escapable juggles.

Oh and one other thing that Mario hasn't done yet is talk to me and the Mario boards about how to use Mario. Especially me. I've probably invested the most time out of anyone in actually learning what tricks Mario can pull off.

Until he does that, BO X7, Famous, and Kirin are almost certainly better than him lol.

And by the way, I checked Excel_Zero's results. They're pretty decent, but they don't compare to those of those many players who placed above him that are from the USA, all of whom our own Mario players have probably faced more frequently. Several of the people who placed above him like edrees and UTD_Zac main characters that clearly lose to MK....just saying.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That Falco did a lot of dumb things like not camping enough, falling for obvious F-smashes, and escapable juggles.

Oh and one other thing that Mario hasn't done yet is talk to me and the Mario boards about how to use Mario. Especially me. I've probably invested the most time out of anyone in actually learning what tricks Mario can pull off.

Until he does that, BO X7, Famous, and Kirin are almost certainly better than him lol.
Yep, because people who don't frequent SWF are definitely worse than people who do.

*cough Armada cough*

Did you see his Sheik reach top 20 in Genesis? I don't think he frequents the Sheik boards, either. Just because he's not as well-known as people who spend their time in SWF, doesn't mean he is instantly worse. How many times did you see Excel_Zero frequent SWF? Have you even seen his videos? I bet that if you watched HDL's videos from summer '08 and his MK, you'd think to yourself "M2K was better by that time", when in reality we can't really be sure unless we pit the both of them in a contest of sorts at that date.

Videos aren't made for us to measure others' skills, they're either made to prove points, or to keep the community up-to-date. If you'd rather take a person's skill and contrast it to a video (or 3 in this case) rather than play him yourself when the chance arrives, be my guest... But that's not the right way of finding out who's a pro and who isn't.

Oh, and... I heard a couple of months back that Ray was planning on entering a big USA tourney sometime in the future to see how he can rep Mario. Wait until then if you want to put him off.

And last... I have no intention of putting down any Mario tops. Just saying.

Edit: Cool to know that you checked Zero's results. In the end, people say he lost because he didn't want a Peach ditto vs another Peach main, and chose another character instead. We trolled him for that once he came back to PR. But the point is, that some people represent better than what their videos suggest.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah whatever, just the topic creator is stupid if he thought that he could get away with it here...lol

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Cool to know that you checked Zero's results. In the end, people say he lost because he didn't want a Peach ditto vs another Peach main, and chose another character instead. We trolled him for that once he came back to PR. But the point is, that some people represent better than what their videos suggest.
10John's

=]

supershadowlink

Smash Apprentice
there r 3 vids

watch it . americans r too selfishs and arrogants, thats why armada &^%^% u all. dont worry, u'll see, he's going to play an american tourney, don't know why still.

kew, ray ira a pr el 20. espero jueguen mucho

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Really good but not the best. Also I've seen Many Falcos a lot better than that. Not saying that Ray isn't good. The Falco doesn't look so great.

Also where the hell is skyler when you need him?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We're not selfish or arrogant, you're thinking of Inui. You come into the Mario boards and tell all of the top Marios here that they are worse than this player whom only has 3 recorded matches against a Falco that are in fact friendlies.

no u

supershadowlink

Smash Apprentice
wao

We're not selfish or arrogant, you're thinking of Inui. You come into the Mario boards and tell all of the top Marios here that they are worse than this player whom only has 3 recorded matches against a Falco that are in fact friendlies.

no u
it's not the same falco player, there r two players playing. u only watch the first video...the others two r a different falco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A82LQOYQOpU

watch the 2nd snake's life
this is the first falco. he's good. ray knows him. and was abble to preddict him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom