• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Link Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
I watched a video with Deva playing Link, and I think that I can rival his skill. Is Deva the best link player that posts videos? If anyone has impressive videos please post them.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Those Deva vids are one month old at least.

I can do bomb sliding, and I'm not that good :p

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
pros WILL bombslide
Very rarely.
The technique isn't as practical as the extended upsmash, which wasn't too practical to begin with.
I don't doubt it's uses, however, it'll be rarely used unless absolutely needed.

You're also oblivious.
It's cute.

-Nox`

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Egh, I think think of 3 techniques that remain from brawl, that weren't nerfed, that are 10 million times more useful than the dash cancels. One of them is called "Dodging". Like, instead of posting the bombslide video vrs a computer who can't defend, post a video vrs at least a "nasty" computer or an online opponent. Ideally you'd have a match in a tournament to post, but don't just say, ZOMG BOMBSLIDE KEKEKEKE I OWN ALL.

D

Deleted member

just telling you, deva would 3 stock you

and legan is the best link by far

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Egh, I hope Deva is better against Eggz(Mario) than he was in some of those older videos. Eggz was serving him pretty hard. I think Link has issues against the fasties though, like Mario/Ness/Fox/etc, anyone that can close and really get a good grab game in. Lets make Deva post new videos, I want to see something that isn't a month old.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Legan is decent, I know I play better than Legan does in the videos with Togan. But, those are old as **** too. Deva has better use of the good techniques than Legan does. Like Deva, used some old melee **** that noone ever talks about, you kiddos should try and find out what im talking about.

Legan

Smash Lord
just telling you, deva would 3 stock you

and legan is the best link by far
lol, im flattered, but im far from the best. I havent played this game nearly enough to be compared to Deva who has actual tourney experience.

Metro i dont think you should base how you would fair against us based off these videos. Deva obviously plays against alot of good ranked players and Ive played and held my own against some of the top midwest players who've had this game way before its release.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Legan, post a new video. BTW, your friend who plays Wario is pretty awesome with him, I was very surprised to see a decent wario player. I had a very low opinion of wario prior to seeing that video.

ODIN787

Smash Journeyman
lol, im flattered, but im far from the best. I havent played this game nearly enough to be compared to Deva who has actual tourney experience.

Metro i dont think you should base how you would fair against us based off these videos. Deva obviously plays against alot of good ranked players and Ive play and held my own against some of the top midwest players who've had this game way before its release.
hey legan
whats up ? how you are doing? hey im free today ,care for a few matches later on ? if so pm ASAP so we can separate a time for our matches.

Legan

Smash Lord
Legan, post a new video. BTW, your friend who plays Wario is pretty awesome with him, I was very surprised to see a decent wario player. I had a very low opinion of wario prior to seeing that video.
Ive actually got more recent videos up but they're definately not me at my best and they're about a week and a half old. Check the Link vs Marth thread. Yea Toga's a beast with that *******. He recently placed 7th of 70 something at the Best of the Midwest tourney in singles using wario.

hey legan
whats up ? how you are doing? hey im free today ,care for a few matches later on ? if so pm ASAP so we can separate a time for our matches.
Hey man, unfortunately i dont have Brawl or a wii. Because of school, i only get to play this game every other week if im lucky. So mayb sometime next week when im back in the STL than i can get to a friends house and we can play a few matches.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
You are dumb Metro wario is way good, and the more i read your posts the more i come to realize that you're just some random noob who has know idea how bad he is :laugh:.

Deva

Smash Lord
Hey Legan, I think I played you're Wario friend online, he was actually pretty good. I also played one of your friends that used DK, he was being a **** though, lol. He said you thought I sucked and that he would three stock me and what not......he wasn't all that great though, lol. Hopefully we can play sometime though, I enjoy Link dittos.

@Metro, you should seriously go to some tournaments before saying you're good, lol. I don't doubt you have a solid Link, but show some proof first >_>.

I'll try to get some new vids up in a couple days. There's actually a few tactics I would like to show you all, including THE DEVA COMBOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

FmAiGkGeO

Smash Cadet
I doubt Deva will read this by tournament time, but I am going to a local tourney and expect Deva to be there. I'll reply here what I thought of his Link. I have a friend with a pretty solid link, so I'll contrast and compare.

Legan

Smash Lord
Hey Legan, I think I played you're Wario friend online, he was actually pretty good. I also played one of your friends that used DK, he was being a **** though, lol. He said you thought I sucked and that he would three stock me and what not......he wasn't all that great though, lol. Hopefully we can play sometime though, I enjoy Link dittos.

@Metro, you should seriously go to some tournaments before saying you're good, lol. I don't doubt you have a solid Link, but show some proof first >_>.

I'll try to get some new vids up in a couple days. There's actually a few tactics I would like to show you all, including THE DEVA COMBOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
Lol you must be talkin about TTT. Yea he can be a *** sometimes he was telling me about it. He actually challenged you because I told him you were one of the best links out there. I bet his donkey kong was being gay and spiking you off the ledges, i hate that with a passion.

WR3K

Smash Ace
would challenge most of you if online wasnt restricted and i didnt live on a different continent....

anyways, only a few more months of brawling to go before im in the states ownzorzing you guys (sarcasm?)

link_goron

Smash Cadet
Hey legen I am new to this website and was messaged about this site by a guy at the boards from Gamespot name Melito(Melo) , do you know him? Anyway, I am pretty skiled with Link as well and would to challenge you and other users of this character. OH, and Deva too. Please accept my challenge.

Deva

Smash Lord
Lol you must be talkin about TTT. Yea he can be a *** sometimes he was telling me about it. He actually challenged you because I told him you were one of the best links out there. I bet his donkey kong was being gay and spiking you off the ledges, i hate that with a passion.
Lol, yeah, he got me with that the first match, it really threw me off cuz DK couldn't to that before. After that I was like wait, just don't get grabbed or just tech, lol. But yeah, really annoying.

link_goron said:
Hey legen I am new to this website and was messaged about this site by a guy at the boards from Gamespot name Melito(Melo) , do you know him? Anyway, I am pretty skiled with Link as well and would to challenge you and other users of this character. OH, and Deva too. Please accept my challenge.
Alright, I know many of you see online play as an opportunity to face off against some of the best players in the world and prove yourselves. You have to realize though, online proves nothing. With me, for example, I go even with or lose to some people online. Then I go play them in a tournament and 3 stock them...>_>. Lag makes a huge difference. There's a lot of tactics I either can't perform or miss the timing on online. It'll be more like you're playing a shadow of the real player that can only do about half the stuff they would do irl. Now, there are some connections that are better and it doesn't affect gameplay as much, but still, most good players don't even try unless there's money on the line. just know online is meant for fun. Even I can beat players better than me online who I most likely would have lost to in tournament. As long as you keep this in mind, I'd definately be up for some matches.

link_goron

Smash Cadet
I feel the same, I just wanted to fight other players using Link and was advised by some else. I have never fought anyone actually good with this character. So I'm not here to prove myself or boast about defeating someone in an online match, I just wanted to fight someone who I know is good. I can say that because of your posted videos.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
Alright, I know many of you see online play as an opportunity to face off against some of the best players in the world and prove yourselves. You have to realize though, online proves nothing. With me, for example, I go even with or lose to some people online. Then I go play them in a tournament and 3 stock them...>_>. Lag makes a huge difference. There's a lot of tactics I either can't perform or miss the timing on online. It'll be more like you're playing a shadow of the real player that can only do about half the stuff they would do irl. Now, there are some connections that are better and it doesn't affect gameplay as much, but still, most good players don't even try unless there's money on the line. just know online is meant for fun. Even I can beat players better than me online who I most likely would have lost to in tournament. As long as you keep this in mind, I'd definately be up for some matches.
its people like you that make this game unfun, "online doesn't prove skill 3 stock fdjsaljfdslkajf"

I mean, who cares? What kind of mindset is that? I play this game for fun and I probably still can beat you into the ground. Not saying that this is a challenge, because according to you "wifi doesn't prove how much faster I can press buttons than you"

whatever, something tells me you don't play this game for fun, nor do you ever get enjoyment out of it thinking that way, but whatever.

bigafromusclekid

Smash Cadet
I disagree. See Aura, if you were ever competitive in Melee, you'd understand that Bros was a lot of fun to compete with. It's like saying, "Winning takes the fun out of playing sports, people should just have fun." Being competitive is half the fun. As for your ignorance, it shall be forgiven this one time.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Lol, yeah, he got me with that the first match, it really threw me off cuz DK couldn't to that before. After that I was like wait, just don't get grabbed or just tech, lol. But yeah, really annoying.

Some very nooby friends of mine that i can 3 stock without any thought process whatsover
have played azen online and they say he blows. They beat some of his characters (none of his mains i believe) and they think they are like so good because of that. Yet they've never been to a tournament and if they did they would get destroyed. Lag makes a big difference and absolutely nothing can be proven by beating someone online.

Deva

Smash Lord
its people like you that make this game unfun, "online doesn't prove skill 3 stock fdjsaljfdslkajf"

I mean, who cares? What kind of mindset is that? I play this game for fun and I probably still can beat you into the ground. Not saying that this is a challenge, because according to you "wifi doesn't prove how much faster I can press buttons than you"

whatever, something tells me you don't play this game for fun, nor do you ever get enjoyment out of it thinking that way, but whatever.
ROFL, I gotta say Aurashade keeps these boards interesting in his own strange way. I don't know when or why you became a flamming boards troll, but I gotta say I'm glad you did cuz almost every post you've made since then has cracked me up, lol.

ggz

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
ROFL, I gotta say Aurashade keeps these boards interesting in his own strange way. I don't know when or why you became a flamming boards troll, but I gotta say I'm glad you did cuz almost every post you've made since then has cracked me up, lol.

ggz
Haha yeah I just started reading this thread and he keeps cracking me up.

I agree with Deva on the lag problem. Seriously how many of us have suicided because we missed an easy recover due to Link falling too far? So many of my matches I could have easily won but after gimping them off the stage i miss my easy recover.

Aurashade

Smash Ace

ggz
holy god why can't more of you people be like him? I'm not kidding, he's one of the very few people that can understand a joke, roll with it, and still be cool. Congrats Deva.

BTW: If any of you idiots know smashboards history, you'd know that I'm extremely competitive at this game, so *uck off. Also if people laugh, it means I'm the good best troll.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
I disagree. See Aura, if you were ever competitive in Melee, you'd understand that Bros was a lot of fun to compete with. It's like saying, "Winning takes the fun out of playing sports, people should just have fun." Being competitive is half the fun. As for your ignorance, it shall be forgiven this one time.
"shall be forgiven"? I don't know which of your two fathers told you that, but they're wrong.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
H
I agree with Deva on the lag problem. Seriously how many of us have suicided because we missed an easy recover due to Link falling too far? So many of my matches I could have easily won but after gimping them off the stage i miss my easy recover.
ESPECIALLY with link. God****.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
"shall be forgiven"? I don't know which of your two fathers told you that, but they're wrong.
I hope I misinterpreted this, because if you did pull off such a colorful homophobic joke, I've got to let you know that it doesn't complement your humorous history, but rather detract from it.:psycho:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom