• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Link Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Egh, I hope Deva is better against Eggz(Mario) than he was in some of those older videos. Eggz was serving him pretty hard. I think Link has issues against the fasties though, like Mario/Ness/Fox/etc, anyone that can close and really get a good grab game in. Lets make Deva post new videos, I want to see something that isn't a month old.
The vids you're talking about with Eggz and Deva are from about a week and a half after the game came out? I think? Nevertheless, they were around the time the game was out in japan. Both were new to the game, and Eggz along with Deva have put in a ton more time.

I'd expect both are much better.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
So maybe before you say you think you're good go to a tournament and win because im almost sure you wont do as well as you think you will.
Sry, about the Wario crack, I was unaware of bike eating, and his crazy *** air game. Also, on a different post I made some crack about Snake, and I was unaware of his Tilt game that is really beasty. Like his tilt/jab moves seem like they have a weird hitstun on them.

Hopefully this Friday I will get to play against our Local Professional player, I have been to a few tournaments, but nothing that involved Azen or M2k. So, I definitely don't think I am near that level, and when I played against the guy in melee, it was pretty bad, I lost 2 games, one game I lost by 1 stock(He played Falcon), and the other I lost by 2 stock(He played Link). Check out Nes Noob on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c55Ff_0d0yM&feature=related His main at the tournament was Falcon, here is a different Falcon video of his http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_ksgt4JAg&feature=related,
His Link is pretty hard core as well, he did a lot of stuff, that I had no idea I could do, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOF9UbYoGxc&feature=related. From what I can tell he bounced around a lot though.

Yea. I guess I take back what I said, after seeing the Local Prof. player's videos, than watching Deva's melee videos again, I probably shouldn't say anything till I see new videos.

But, I did sorta well versus him, and I am not the "pip" person in the link versus link game, but the results were very similar, he had 2 stock, i had 0. And he did one of the suicidal downward thrusts at the end. He was also really bad about falling from the stage, hitting me with Link's sex kick, then using his 2nd jump + upB to get back on the stage. I did much better versus his Falcon player, since his Falcon seems to punish people who move around more, than people who are dodging/stationary. I also think he was trying to kill me in like 10 seconds, so he got sloppy. I was unaware of a lot of combos prior to playing him. Like he was using crazy combos with link versus me, like turning around and using 50000 utilts. To bad that isn't as strong in brawl. I will probably try going to some more tournaments this summer, I have only been to 2 tournaments so far, both of which I lost. I lost the 2nd one to a Ness player, who I ended up beating later. We are around the same skill level. Everyone in my town plays Ness, it is so annoying. ;o His short icon is hard to hit, I can only hit him with my F-air if he is in the air.

I wonder what the DEVA COMBO will be. I found a neat combo you can do from a grab at very low percentages, like <15%. But, other than that, I haven't really found any really reliable combos coming out of the throw. The only other combos in general that I found were ones involving a dsmash or a dtilt, normally after i landed a neutral air.

I will try and post some videos on Friday. They should be posted on Metro Knight, or something of the sort.

Deva

Smash Lord
Metro, if you join my online class I'll show you the Deva combo in game and how to perform it.

Deva

Smash Lord
Yeah, I pretty much stole everything I know from Aurashade. Sucks he can't get it back lol.

T-Link

Smash Apprentice
Who are some of the best Link players on this site because it looks like Deva and and skler(?) are really good. I have tourney experience and I would like to face some of the best Links on this site.

Chip.

you know what to do
To answer the thread's question:

Deva is by FAR the best Link player out there. He's the only one I've seen who consistently places top 5 or higher at large tournaments with Link, ya know, a bad charachter haha xD.

Skler's also really good too, but I've only played him online ^_^.

Heevar_Lewlson

Smash Cadet
I've seen some videos of a "Genis" guy, he's pretty decent. I hear he posts in these very forums under the name "Heevar_Lewlson" >.> <.<

In all seriousness though, Deva ftw :p

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
hmm why am I not in these talks of best link??? lol
but rly from what i SEEN deva gets my vote, but i honestly can't say whose literally the best till i've vs'd every link in the worrrrrrld

Deva

Smash Lord
I not only stole your material, but your brain too, which is why my mind games are teh shizzzz!!111

lol

Nymphetamine

Smash Apprentice
Play my link, I have been maining link sence day one of the n64 smash until now

aim in my pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom