• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best controller for our girl

orochimaru2072

Smash Cadet
someone of my friends tell me to use the classic controller others tell me gamecube controller. idk what to do. so your all my last chance. what do u play ur peach on. if i own a gc controller but not a classic. is it worth it?

~Egg

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well being a Peach mainer I think the Wii remote is out of the option because its almost near impossible to instant float and use effectively.
Same basically goes to the Wii remote and Nunchuck.
I have not yet played on the Classic so I wouldnt know.
So GC is probably your best bet.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
gamecube controller is best
when i play on the classic it feels weird and i really think it's hard and i guess if you want the classic i think you will need some time to get used to it

orochimaru2072

Smash Cadet
Thank you all so much. I just feel that when i play peach*which is my second best* that i am sucking. maybe i need to practice more. i just feel that she lost some of her spunk that she had in melee is gone. like her dsmash. i killed with that attack.! but again thank you all ^^.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I prefer the GameCube controller, but either GameCube or classic should function equally for Peach. :)

Marin.

Smash Journeyman
The Gamecube, of course,
with an easy access to the C-stick
where most of Peach's kill moves are, to finish the job
:p

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Peach doesn't have kill moves. :)

Actually, I have a really hard time landing Peach's usmash. I kill with Fair more often than not. Something to work on.

orochimaru2072

Smash Cadet

Actually, I have a really hard time landing Peach's usmash. I kill with Fair more often than not. Something to work on.
Your right. Peach has no kill moves her down smash in melee usually knocked everyone i played agents to the off screen

Marin.

Smash Journeyman

Not true! lol i use to kill with fairs alot but then my style
was to only approach with it, then i became predictable.
Fairs are best way to kill thou.... :)
I have been landing alot of up-smashes lately but they are very risky!

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
I use the Wii Remote with Nunchuck, simply because I didn't own a Gamecube or the GC controller.

I think I may go out and buy one though...Everyone says it's the best...

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Gamecube. I tried Wiimote, I tried classic, i couldn't even move. Probably because Im' not used to it, but I don't see the point in getting to something new. I don't feel like the controller is restricting me so I don't need to try the others for much time.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Just use the control you are the most comfortable with.
this is all thats needed to be said lol. i use the remote+ nunchaku, and yes it is weird and difficult to use at first, but it does work it just takes practice. wave smash can= the C stick for you IMO and a bit of customizing does make the controller work fine.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
You use that Shake smash thing?

I find it horribly inaccurate.
oh yeah it can be inacurate if your not holding it steady lol and with it facing up to the ceiling. plus you kinda just got to flick it which smash you want rather than wind and flick. Ex: to do Usmash simply flick up like its a fishing line lol. its not easy but it does start to work better after a while of practice.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'm sure everyone is going to tell you that the controller they use is the best so asking for advice might not be so good. I think using any control scheme is fine once gotten used to. (not sure about wiimote on side) I use the chuck combo, I switched to it because all my remotes were broken by my brother and I didn't want to buy anything, and what do you know, I like it more. I like the freedom to have my arms in any position I want, and all the controls are mapped easily to my fingers. I have all the smashes other than dsmash (grab) on the dpad which I think is just as easy to use as the c stick. Glide tossing and all that junk work just as easy, I used to have shake smash on, but I turned it off because I would change my position too much, and that's deadly in mid-air. I guess it's good for whoever can work with it.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
Under the realisation of my biased answer (or uninformed, w/e) I went out and bought both a classic controller & a GC one (it's very cheap, so i prob wont use it, lol - j/k, i might). I re-jigged the controls, and I find that this is my new preference:
1. Classic
= Wii Remote & Nunchuk
3. GC
4. Wii remote (on side)

Idk if there are any others.

Yes, that's meant to be an equals sign - i like the wii remote & nunchuck as much as the classic.

I find there is less to change in the wii remote & nunchuk combo, and I have like nearly every button changed to my want on the classic! :laugh:

_Kip

Smash Cadet
NNID
kopipop
Switch FC
6818-8600-2211
I use the Gamecube. I tried the Classic for awhile, but had one issue. There are no grips for the palms of my hands. Also, having larger hands they end up going numb and cramping. If the Classic had grips (which the back seems to have an attatchment slot for) I'd use it over the Cube controllers. I'm use to the Cube, but the buttons on the Classic are much closer together, making things quicker and easier.

Another issue going from Cube to Classic is the angle of you thumb on the analog stick. If you're use to the vertical thumb from the Cube, you'll end up jump instead of running left, and crouch instead of going to the right. While not that extreme, it is more than enough to really mess someone up who used the Cube for years. If you've never used either it isn't such a problem.

The Cube has a large disadvantage with the default setup. The L and R buttons are analog in Melee, but digital in Brawl. This means you have to hold the shoulder button all the way down to bring up the shield, which is enough delay to cause you to lose. That being the biggest reason for me working with the Classic.

The WiiMote didn't work well at all. There are not enough button options, so you only have up to jump with, meaning you can't hold down when you jump to float.

The Analog attatchment to the WiiMote wasn't terrible, just odd. My biggest issue is the missing second Analog stick (the Cube's c-stick) which gets a lot of use (the Classic also has the second analog). Some of the button spacing seemed wrong to me as well, like the use of the d-pad on the WiiMote.

Something else about the Classic: The two analog sticks are close together and on the same horizontal plane. So, if you like the end of the sticks in the middle of your thumbs you'll have your fingers hitting if you jump/run to the right and use the analog to attack to the left. This just means getting use to using the tips of your fingers if you don't have ****** hands.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Use the Wii Mote + Nunchuck, Glide Tossing and Instant Floating become super easy

For Glide Tossing = Z + Analog Stick+ A. Since Z and the analog Stick are both on the Nunchuck is easier.

For Instant Floating = c + Analog Stick Down. Again, very easy due to the c (jump button) and Analog Stick almost beside, you have to jump using c and at the same time move the analog stick down.

Peach_rules

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peachrules14
Use the Wii Mote + Nunchuck, Glide Tossing and Instant Floating become super easy

For Glide Tossing = Z + Analog Stick+ A. Since Z and the analog Stick are both on the Nunchuck is easier.

For Instant Floating = c + Analog Stick Down. Again, very easy due to the c (jump button) and Analog Stick almost beside, you have to jump using c and at the same time move the analog stick down.
I find this horrible because it is extremely awkward to move your finger to the C button. If it works for you though, go for it.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

i use this too and i find it extreamly easy lol. personal preference outweighs things mostly i think.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
I would use the Gamecube or Classic Controller.
Because that way you can stay a-float and attack at the same time.

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
I honestly find the Wiimote+Nunchuck better than the GC controller but thats just me

Kcdragon8116

Smash Rookie
I personally use the Gamecube controller, though I have not tried any other control schemes so I do not know if any are better, but judging by others responses the gamecube is best.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I personally use the Gamecube controller, though I have not tried any other control schemes so I do not know if any are better, but judging by others responses the gamecube is best.
You should try the other controllers anyway, you might change your mind about them lol, but meh GCC is fine but i like remote+nunchaku better. i think the only bad controller is the remote sideways >_> although i'd love to see someone win with that thing. (i'd even pay to see it):chuckle:

Top Bottom