• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Char to Rank up Quick Damage And KO With?

Timbers

check me out
Marth, uncharged tipper fsmash kills at about 70% on most characters in the middle of FD. Tipper Fair is a good killer too, Usmash kills at high percents (around 90%), Dsmash kills at around 90% I think, Shieldbreaker can kill. Dancing Blade racks up good damage, especially if you end with down. Dtilt racks up damage, SH aerials work too.
Haha, wow. Way to pull those numbers out of your ***.

It's more like 90% with tipper in center of FD, 120% dsmash tipper (first hit) and 130% usmash.

Good try though, you're fanboying for Marth quite well.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Marth, uncharged tipper fsmash kills at about 70% on most characters in the middle of FD. Tipper Fair is a good killer too, Usmash kills at high percents (around 90%), Dsmash kills at around 90% I think, Shieldbreaker can kill. Dancing Blade racks up good damage, especially if you end with down. Dtilt racks up damage, SH aerials work too.
Melee Marth?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
What kind of luck is this? Suicide Mindgames?
funniest thing i've seen on the smashboards, Sig'd for truth.

But on topic... everything i would say has been said, this is just a "Who's the best character?" thread.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
for n00bs... ike. coz they arent playin any1 good.
but for pros (hu shud know) i'd say olimar gets the damage up as well as MK

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Fox, Marth, Olimar, Metaknight, and Pit.

Most of these characters were already mentioned by at least one person on the thread.
;)

Snail

Smash Lord
Uh, Olimar is the fastest damage-dealing character in the game and is also capable of KOing at 90% with upsmashes or purple/blue throws, and since the OP didn't mention survivability.. XD

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
Choose Olimar, probably best at the game in dealing damage fast and has the best grabs. And all of his smashes can KO, up smash can KO in 90 %, less if you use the purple pikmin.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
What kind of luck is this? Suicide Mindgames? No, really, how can Meta-Knight possibly KO anyone at 40%?

Edgeguarding them is not KO:ing them. Smashing them out with them unable to recover is not KO:ing. KO:ing is outright killing them with a move.
I don't believe a slight variation in terminology warranted that kind of response- I've always figured "knock out" means "knocking them out". You know, of the ring. MK can do this by early gimping.

Edgeguard is definitely knocking them out. How'd they get in the position to be edgeguarded in the first place? You bribed them? No. You USED A MOVE to kill them.

Hypocrite. I stand by my statement.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I don't believe a slight variation in terminology warranted that kind of response- I've always figured "knock out" means "knocking them out". You know, of the ring. MK can do this by early gimping.

Edgeguard is definitely knocking them out. How'd they get in the position to be edgeguarded in the first place? You bribed them? No. You USED A MOVE to kill them.

Hypocrite. I stand by my statement.
Hmmm. I really like that post. Good for you :o

Good players won't be so easily gimped at such low percents, though; KOs at such low percents can't be counted on whatsoever.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
There are quite a few characters that are both very good at racking up damage and KOing.

MK, G&W, and Snake are probably the top three characters at doing this (and are thus the three best characters in the game as far as I'm concerned). Personally, I'd say G&W is the best of the three overall at doing those two things. He has aerials that do over 15% fresh that are quick and low lag, and he has like the best Smash attacks in the entire game because his are safe to use and kill at low percents.

MK however is better at scoring KOs (has several safe kill moves that come out very fast), while Snake is better at dealing damage (F-tilt, throws, yeah).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ike his jab pwns and almost all of his attacks can kill
Hahaha, so true...several months ago.

Well Ike is fine at doing damage. He has trouble landing kill moves since almost none of them are safe. <<

comboking

Smash Master
FTilt fair back air upair upsmash they are not that risky. and its hard to recover when you have an ike edgeguarding you.

Devilman

Smash Rookie
Marth maybe? If you're really aggresive with him, racking up damage is quick. His disjointed Fsmash is also a great KO move.

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Those who are saying this means "best character" are overlooking one thing: recovery. Olimar is incredibly good with his aerials and up/down smashes and can KO with nearly anything, and Pikmin spam racks up damage like nothing else. However, his recovery is known as the worst in the game (barring maybe Link), as he needs all six Pikmin to have even usable range with his tether, and even then it's slow and can be mercilessly edgehogged. Ivysaur also has damage racking with jab combo, bullet seed, and razor leaf, and can KO with ease using any of his smashes or his up/down aerials. Unfortunately, he has a tether and has to PC every so often.

If you want someone with all of the above, either use Snake or PT, since Squirtle kicks nine kinds of awesome with uber aerials and Usmash to KO. You also have Ivy for damage racking and even Charizard if you need to resist the KO with weight. Only problem is you need to interrupt combos/strings to throw/tilt and try to PC safely, which is difficult on smaller stages.

Snake: Awesome. Use him to your heart's content if you don't care about people accusing you of going with the crowd.

Olimar: If you don't mind his recovery/light weight, he is utterly beastly, probably better than Snake while he's not being hit. Dies too easy.

PT: Can't be useful all of the time, and needs to drop everything and PC when he dies or get fatigued. Ivy is gimpable and Charizard is just not the best barring Dtilt and Ftilt. Squirtle owns, Charizard can PC stall, and Ivy can rack up damage if you can deal with the lame recovery. Still best for your purposes.

chickdigger802

Smash Rookie
i use lucas to quickly put on dmg and he is pretty lightweight if that is what u are asking
the main problem is getting a hit as most of his good attks are quite slow

Top Bottom