• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beast Coast TvC General Discussion

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
The game officially hit the US on tuesday and it's AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING. OMG. If you like fighting games, there is literally no reason not to own this game. Like Smash, it's pretty easy to pick, but has a lot of depth and is difficult to master. Anyone else playing this game at the moment?

My early impression of the new characters is that Frank West is the best and Zero is the worst. Frank kinda reminds me of Snake in Brawl, because he feels so out of place and it's hilarious.

Feel free to post anything TvC related here. Strats, Friend Codes, etc. Also, I hear the game has a really good net code, which is surprising, because it's on the Wii.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Do they have a fightpad for the Wii? The fightstick runs for about $80, which is too steep for me. But the GC controller kinda hurts my hands.

Saki/Megaman (though not really megaman) are by far the campiest characters in the game, so if you like brawl you'll definitely like those characters.

Morrigan seems like MK in that she's so fast and good at rushing people down, not sure about tier status, doesn't seem like she'd be that high though.

Tekkaman is the Snake in this game, so much range/health/ability to deal damage. Downside is he's kinda slow and a rather large target. Thinking about it now, that seems to apply to snake, too. But nowhere near as ******** as he is in brawl.

Zero can combo like crazy and can friggin' move everywhere. But very little damage output (relatively speaking) and very little health (second lowest class, tied with Roll IIRC).

Ryu/Chun-Li are amazing...not sure what to say about them besides how good they are at everything.

Wifi seems pretty amazing right now, there was very little lag when I went online, but then my internet decided to die, but yeah, it actually seems feasible to play with other people. I got completely and utterly wrecked the first time I decided to go online, and decided to just wait until I can at least beat the computer on the hardest difficulty before I try that again.

Speaking as someone who's only played Brawl competitively, what's the best way to learn how to play these sorts of games? I played a bit of SFIV and MvC2, but never got into it as much as I did brawl. In brawl it's all about learning how to space and shield, but I can't seem to get the hang of combo'ing and avoiding getting combo'd in this game. Any tips on how to play a real fighter game would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
I swear fighting games are like the fad of the week when it comes to smash community, ya'll see a fighting game that isn't smash and you're like "ZOMG BEST GAME EVAR" then like 2 weeks later nobody is playing it.

This is the same thing that happened when JP TVC came out.

That being said, if Zero really does suck (not that anybody here would know that this early) then I have no reason to re-purchase the game, though I'll definitely download it.......too bad I need another Wii stick.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
This will be played a lot more often since there is a US release and people don't have to burn or mod or hack to play anymore.

People I know who are playing:
Me
Chillin
Greg
Candy
Esoj

****s gonna' be the "other" game to play when Brawl gets boring (cuz it will)

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
Well SF4 did kind of push TVC into nothingness, even SRK people stopped playing it. Hopefully more people will be interested, but I'm looking forward to SSF4, characters who actually look fun/interesting, and hopefully they'll smooth out a couple things.

Omni

BRoomer
Greg, why arent you on AIM

how do i play u guys online

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I swear fighting games are like the fad of the week when it comes to smash community, ya'll see a fighting game that isn't smash and you're like "ZOMG BEST GAME EVAR" then like 2 weeks later nobody is playing it.
Only reason I touch Brawl is because all I have at the moment is a Wii. Japanese TvC didn't take off here because... it was Japanese TvC. This TvC is being picked up by a lot more people, and is undeniably the best fighting game on the Wii by an extremely large margin. Bye.

@Woly:

Go here for character specific stuff. Practice the hell out of your execution. Continue playing online.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
i got the japanese version soon after it came out, and this game is beast. going to see if they changed my team much (hurricane polymar/ippatsuman).

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I bought this today

I picked Megaman/Jun the Swan

I like my team so far, I will learn them, I know 0 about tiers and team selections, time to find out if it was a good choice

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Worst character in the old TvC was Gold Lightan, but he received nothing but buffs in this new one, so who knows?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
i sadly want a tier list before i get attached to some **** character :urg:

either that or ill just staple ken/ryu zero/megaman
whatever feels most natural lmao

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Ryu is a solid all around character witha great assist. Main reason hes on all my teams. I'm going to try Frank west/Ryu, Zero/Ryu today hopefully. Worst case cenario its back to Morrigan/Ryu.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Anyone using the Madcatz stick? I'm using the Gamecube controller, and execution isn't really a problem, but i'm hearing A LOT of praise for the Classic Controller for this game.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
daaaaamn, i never thought of that but its probably easier with the bigger D Pad

however from most 2D players i know, including the great Steve H, say that a stick is a MUST for high level play. i still use gamecube though :(

D0N

Smash Ace

however from most 2D players i know, including the great Steve H, say that a stick is a MUST for high level play. i still use gamecube though :(
Its just rare to find pad players in 2d and some frown on them. The SF4 argument ive heard is "pads are scrubby because you get 3 kicks/punches mapped to one button." If you ask me, the game came like that so how is that scrubby? I hate sticks and dont feel like paying for one. Personaly, other than preference I think having a stick helps with moves where you have to mash (blanka electricity, chun-li kicks, etc) but thats it.

Just think of PS playing smash with a wii mote. Rare, but he pulls it off.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/1/11/competitive-pad-players-new-age-of-heroes.html

Turbo Ether

Smash Master

I'm thinking about ordering one of these.

I really don't think I need a stick for this game and I would end up saving money.

Its just rare to find pad players in 2d and some frown on them. The SF4 argument ive heard is "pads are scrubby because you get 3 kicks/punches mapped to one button." If you ask me, the game came like that so how is that scrubby? I hate sticks and dont feel like paying for one. Personaly, other than preference I think having a stick helps with moves where you have to mash (blanka electricity, chun-li kicks, etc) but thats it.

Just think of PS playing smash with a wii mote. Rare, but he pulls it off.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/1/11/competitive-pad-players-new-age-of-heroes.html
I agree. Imo, complaints about 3 punches/kicks being bound to one button are kinda scrubby. Remember back in the early Melee days, when scrubs thought using the C-stick was cheap? It's similar to that.

Also, I agree with sticks being easier to mash out attacks with. Mashing Tekkaman Blade's Shamsir into a Baroque is annoying on the Gamecube controller.

Omni

BRoomer
yea im having a tough time using the GC controller. qcf motion or backwards dp motions dont come out consistently.

wish i had a stick

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Are any TvC players going to be at the Virginia smash tournament on Sunday? I'm really tempted to take off work if I would be able to get some TvC matches in.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Ether I'm going to main

Batsu/Yatterman-1
Morrigan/Megaman

If I can play more with TekkaBlade, I'll prolly swap him out for Yatterman-1.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Zero is the worst.
I really hope you're wrong about that. A fighting game could be amazing but if it doesnt have any characters that I like(that are viable) then it's garbage to me. Zero and Megaman were my only insentive to play it but I'll be trying the game shortly and see for myself. I didn't know who Cable was before MvC2 and now hes one of my favorite marvel characters.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I really hope you're wrong about that. A fighting game could be amazing but if it doesnt have any characters that I like(that are viable) then it's garbage to me. Zero and Megaman were my only insentive to play it but I'll be trying the game shortly and see for myself. I didn't know who Cable was before MvC2 and now hes one of my favorite marvel characters.
Zero isn't the worst.

He just has a low damage output. (If that Cable thing is true, I'm sure the same will happen with someone from this game)

M@v

Subarashii!
...Or I could just play MvC2.

Good day.

(The main reason TvC looks interesting is because Zero is in it)

bajisci

Smash Ace
im getting this now probably gonna use a classic controller although the dpad makes me worried, idk. why couldnt they release this on a non ****ty console, ugh

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I have a burnt copy of the original TvC from japan...have to buy the new one. I want to beast in this game, and Steve H plays melee with me...so I should probably play TvC again and soak up his beastly prowess. O_o Need to acquire sticks...

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
people should goto the TvC tourny on sunday here in md/va...theres also a brawl tourny there so there me omni and alot more brawl players that play tvc will be there

bajisci

Smash Ace
this game is actually alot of fun, anyone got a good beginners guide? classic controller works quite well to my pleasent surrprise, having viewtiful joe makes it autowin

Omni

BRoomer
candy what are u doing

why arent you playing me online

Top Bottom