• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beast Coast TvC General Discussion

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow...

Karas suddenly looks a bit more appealing despite his awful awful hp....
PTX looks even scarier...

Can anyone get this down on a GC controller?

KREVA

Smash Cadet
Roll & Casshern stun lock combo still *****. GG. Btw Omni, if you still go to UMD on Fridays, lets meet up for some TVC.

Soki's demon form is hella easy to get away from. Just run away~

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Oh wow...

Karas suddenly looks a bit more appealing despite his awful awful hp....
PTX looks even scarier...

Can anyone get this down on a GC controller?
I use analog, but I can't do it at all with the analog. I CAN do it with the d-pad, but I can't do it consistently because the d-pad is way too small to make the right inputs.

Roll & Casshern stun lock combo still *****. GG. Btw Omni, if you still go to UMD on Fridays, lets meet up for some TVC.
Sure. I'm going to be using Roll/Yatterman instead of Roll/Casshern.

Not an infinite. Just a really long *** combo. Even if you can't megacrash, you build meter while taking damage so you'll eventually be able to break the combo. It's still fugging awesome.

Every character has an infinite btw. It'll just take time until they're found out.
As of now, no characters have an infinite and probably won't have one.

TvC designers fixed infinites by letting hitstun deteriorate over time. What happens is if you're caught in an infinite your recovery increases over time 'till the point where you can start blocking.

I thought I discovered one with Roll, but was only able to loop it twice because of that weird hitstun bs.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Ah, I see. Do you think these ridiculous combos are worth learning or is it more practical to stick to easier BnB?

I'm also looking for a reputable site that sells the Classic Controller Pro online.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Ok i just realized that i really really really f***ing hate Saki. If i wanted to play Brawl...I'd play Brawl. D:

_the_truth play me, my aim is greglowrey find me and ill give you my fc
I shot you an IM a couple days ago and you didnt respond, mah dude.

KREVA

Smash Cadet
Ok i just realized that i really really really f***ing hate Saki. If i wanted to play Brawl...I'd play Brawl. D:

I shot you an IM a couple days ago and you didnt respond, mah dude.

Saki is amazing she's been one of my main team setups in the firstTVC. She's Snake-*****. She has amazing camping skills.

I haven't played much of TVC:AS though. So I don't know how my Doronjo/Casshern combo would work now since Doronjo was nerfed. :( I'll have to try and figure out who I wanna use.

I'll probably stick to Roll/Casshern.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
classic controller is amazing for this game if you like dpads.

that being said, MvC > TvC. But that's personal bias. TvC is solid regardless.

And wavedashing has been in the Vs. series since Xmen vs. Street Fighter. I promise.
Wolverine in MvC has an infinite based on it

Saki/Chun Li team is the ultimate turtlefest team.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
dang, if only there was some sort of mega crash function that would render this combo useless
dang, even if there was a mega crash function, a smart player would do it when the giant had less than 2 bars and do major damage before they had a chance to break out...

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
My god, Joe the Condor is beyond solid. Might officially drop Ken for this guy...

I've been using Ippatsuman as his partner, because I like using two solid characters that can both function as a lead. Might consider Saki, though, since I hear she's pretty stupid herself, and a REALLY good assist for Joe.

I'm not gonna kill myself bothering with the super advanced combos right now. I have 24 billion damage BnB combos with both characters, that i'm comfortable with at the moment, and i'll gradually tack on more damage as I get more advanced. I need to work on spacing, mixups and Giant killing.

Edit: Also, as a pad user, I mostly solved my executions several months ago. I treat the Gamecube controller as an arcade stick, and use my index, middle and ring fingers to hit the face buttons on the controller. This is how I played Soul Calibur 2 and 3, other 4-button fighters.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Ok, picked up Saki and she does seem to have synergy with Condor. Highest damage combo I was able to concoct was a 46 Billion damage corner combo, for 4 meters and 10% baroque. Found some 23-27 billion meterless team combos. Could probably get a lot more damage if I learn to further extend Condor's feather loop, but it's kind of a b*tch and people are saying it's impractical.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
So I played for the first time in a week or so just now, and Polimar looks really good now...

he does so much damage without meter, and his grab super doesn't care about damage scaling...

Anyone see anything online about texture hacking? I saw a music hacking thread on SRK but that looked mad complicated, so I'm hoping texture hacking wouldn't be. I haven't been able to find a place with any geckoos codes, either (not sure which costumes I'm still missing and I can't figure out how to deselect a character in the selection screen because I'm an idiot)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
haha, TvC is not for the hesitant, when you decide your game mode and character, you stick with it!

dude, the_truth aim me anytime dude those were good matches the other day

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'm gonna continue to bring TvC to Brawl tournaments. I wish we were able to get in more TvC friendlies at VC7.

I need to stop dropping the more advanced BnB combos, and my pressure strings need some work.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
So I'm liking Viewtiful Joe. His wake-up game is fun.

I'm more inclined thinking that the new 5 are going to be the most broken due to not having competitive testing.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I don't know who to main anymore. Most of the characters are mad fun.

I may just continue to use Ippatsuman and Saki, since I can death combo people for two bars, and I figured out how to camp with Saki better and setup her Super Ammo more safely.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I'm going to try to stay with

Batsu
Megaman
VJ

But I haven't unlocked any Tatsunoko Characters yet. Joe the Falco looks maaaad cool.

Allied

Smash Master
is saki good i wanted to pick her up cuz shes mad cute, and she has a gun like wtf (inb4 megaman)

Allied

Smash Master
thats good that everyone is good

btw i've been mastering frank wests BnB xD but his more advanced stuff with ryus assist + baroque IS HARDDD DAWG i had to switch Z to medium punch because i just couldnt go back and hit A at all on the gamecube controller

Any thoughts on button configuration?

Top Bottom