• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Stats Smasfest @ SFU Surrey: TBA

Eggz

Smash Hero
WA will come, but only if more people come. =]

I gotta be able to turn a profit or I can't make it. Saving up money for a huge tournament in GA soon.

unityole

Smash Lord
WA will come, but only if more people come. =]

I gotta be able to turn a profit or I can't make it. Saving up money for a huge tournament in GA soon.
just to make sure everyone know of this, this coming saturday isnt a tournament. smashfest are for fun with no money involved. we only got 3 TVs anyway, to run a tourney would be crazy. although MM are still a legit way to make money, but how many people would want to MM for 100 games straight?

dieslow

Smash Ace
can u make it so entry is $10?

CSC = 4 people
me, adam, tiep, ryan, roby, john, john. + 4 WA's.

btw i'll do $50 worth of MM's

Eggz

Smash Hero
just to make sure everyone know of this, this coming saturday isnt a tournament. smashfest are for fun with no money involved. we only got 3 TVs anyway, to run a tourney would be crazy. although MM are still a legit way to make money, but how many people would want to MM for 100 games straight?
if theres a bunch of people and me and adam yell "lets have a tournament" can there be a tournament? lol

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
were gonna come, its 100% dependant on snowjohnz.
the best kind of john. =) good ol' snow johns. You guys harsh john'd about that one time at a tournament at my moms place x D We held the tournament for you for like 3 hours!

Jack we have to do our 64 MM. ! five bux

MELEE TOURNAMENT PLEASE!!! especially if OOS are coming. ANDDDD it's jacks last tournament with us i believe... this calls for a 1v1 melee tourney w/$10 entry feee >__>

Sion

Island of Horizon
the best kind of john. =) good ol' snow johns. You guys harsh john'd about that one time at a tournament at my moms place x D We held the tournament for you for like 3 hours!

Jack we have to do our 64 MM. ! five bux

MELEE TOURNAMENT PLEASE!!! especially if OOS are coming. ANDDDD it's jacks last tournament with us i believe... this calls for a 1v1 melee tourney w/$10 entry feee >__>
I'm totally not entering a tourny that happens in a smashfest. Just in case, I'm bringing moneys.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
This is shaping out to be a pretty good tourney :D

lol roby. John ***** extremists and space people, INCLUDING SPACE FALCONS! I dunno...
Yeah probably, I actually don't even know how good he is. Because I was so nub when I played John I didn't understand what was going on so I just ran around the map killing creeps with my ultimate and getting ganked by tony lol.

But I think I could provide a challenge, Jack you should definetly get that noob-harrasing invoker player again.

And thats sweet Drew is gonna go! If you guys don't know Drew his a super random-never plays smash gangster that could probably provide competition for some of you.

Yes, yes I did. I just can't remember if i posted it, and i didn't wanna look stupid with a repost. Are we mming on Saturday, or on TS2?
Well if it's a link vs ganon then link should have unlimited stocks :p :p

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
DotA?! im the best dota player out of all you guys excluding (korean invoker) and ill prove it on sat with my zeus + refresher

that is if my team doesnt feed

unityole

Smash Lord
im probably going to cancel this week smashfest, its definitly not going to be a tournament. also 20th too close to my birthday.

I'll probably be able to bring a TV, and maybe Matt could as well.
thing is im not renting the room cause i didnt plan ahead, and its too late to book and use lounge now. what would happen if we get stopped during mid of tourney? also people wanna help chip money in for getting the room? doubt it.

Sion

Island of Horizon
im probably going to cancel this week smashfest, its definitly not going to be a tournament. also 20th too close to my birthday.

thing is im not renting the room cause i didnt plan ahead, and its too late to book and use lounge now. what would happen if we get stopped during mid of tourney? also people wanna help chip money in for getting the room? doubt it.
That's really unfortunate, Jack. Don't think i can chip in either. Just keep us updated and see if the tourny still could happen.

unityole

Smash Lord
That's really unfortunate, Jack. Don't think i can chip in either. Just keep us updated and see if the tourny still could happen.
smashfest still on, but not a tournament though, maybe a small one along with food.
btw sion i added u to my msn, not once ive seen u online =O

according to yakal, HARSH snow for this weekend...

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Jack split $2 or $3 of the $10 entry towards paying for it? (It's not really much I know..)

People should buy they're own food
Don't tell WA until they come here lol >_>

Refresher zeus wont even dent my gorgon with 45% magic reduction/mana shield

Edit: I would help you Jack but I think I'm only gonna have enough to enter and buy food, maybe work my way up some $2 MM's again. :p

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
i wouldn't mind helping to pay for renting hte room if it helps, i jsut got my paycheck... with too much money to blow :o.

so is smashfest on 20th still going or not, im just utterly confused now

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Just had to point out that this is probably the geekiest sounding sentence I've heard in while.

I'd say don't bother with making it a tourney, way too much hastle with too little time to prepare combined with too much snow=clusterf***. Smashfest is the best we can hope for.

Edit:
That sounded so nerdy, roby.
Dam* you.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
Jack split $2 or $3 of the $10 entry towards paying for it? (It's not really much I know..)

People should buy they're own food
Don't tell WA until they come here lol >_>

Edit: I would help you Jack but I think I'm only gonna have enough to enter and buy food, maybe work my way up some $2 MM's again. :p

you wont get there, trust me...

unityole

Smash Lord
i wouldn't mind helping to pay for renting hte room if it helps, i jsut got my paycheck... with too much money to blow :o.

so is smashfest on 20th still going or not, im just utterly confused now
so you'd help me chip in say 20 bucks, i would have to pay the rest 80+ something on my own, why would i do that? not trying to be ******* but this is fact. ive done this for a while now, unless tournament that i plan/planned to host, i will not rent the room. besides too late to book the room now, have to do it when the student pres still here.

also, i dont think i will be paying for food or any pot money this weekend. i am saving up for my trip back to who knows where as well as my tuition fee for the upcoming semesters. we'll c how it goes, im sure people like john and tiep would understand.

half ticket cost $400
sfu tuition fee $2200
course text books $400
student deposit $100
rent with roomate $600/semester
food cost 120/week: 17 weeks until end of April, $2000

aside from cost of the trip, rest adds up to approx 5.35 grand for the next semester, means 5.35 grand for next 4 monthes. i work 18 hrs/week for 22.5/hr, count out the taxes + insurance etc, i make 370/week. overall i make 6.3 grand in 4 monthes.

thats only +950 dollars gain in 4 monthes. note that a lot of things are not mentioned, an example would be clothing.

its just a coincidence this time im paying extra for the trip. -400 more from the 950 for this coming semester. i don't have much money left to pay for pizza per week, i lose about 30~40 bucks EACH week for smashfest. now that i think of it i'm probably getting negative gain, which im trying NOT to do.

Top Bottom