• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Stats Smasfest @ SFU Surrey: TBA

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
what the ****! you guys pissed the **** out of jack today... he said this might be the last smashfest because you guys dont show up and whenever there's a tourny jacks not gonna let you guys sleep in the building, he'll just call the guards to kick you out.. dont piss him off man

Sion

Island of Horizon
I didn't mean to ditch, there were too many things happening and stuff. I tried to make it last minute, but my parents didn't let it slide.

unityole

Smash Lord
what the ****! you guys pissed the **** out of jack today... he said this might be the last smashfest because you guys dont show up and whenever there's a tourny jacks not gonna let you guys sleep in the building, he'll just call the guards to kick you out.. dont piss him off man
what the ****! you guys pissed the **** out of jack today... he said this will be the last smashfest because you guys dont show up and whenever there's a tourny jacks not gonna let you guys sleep in the building, he'll just call the guards to kick you out.. dont piss him off man

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
I'd hate to see Jack not hosting any more smashfests but then again what's the point if people don't go? Do you guys not want to have any more SFU smashfests? No johns guys. No johns.

Sion

Island of Horizon
Jack, I know we p!ssed you off, but you gotta give it a second look. I have been attending lately, but if you don't wanna host anymore, that's your decision. Thanks for everything, Jack. I hope to see you again.

unityole

Smash Lord
i take everything into consideration man. people wanted smashfest so i host one, and through out the week, especially friday night I as in ME have to make calls to you guys who wanted to smash, and Adam told me they're smashing last night at 11 30 pm and would make it here the next day in the afternoon.

i know **** might happen and stuff comes up and people can't make it thats fine as long as u have ur reason, just call or post something on the board and let others know about it. NOBODY, NO ONE called for bailing until 3:30 pm when i spoke to Roby and he told me he aint coming. thats totally different from giving anyone a notic. me ken and mike waited 3 hrs in the lounge and we were the ones making calls to check. i also dont call having no money for bus fare a reason, thats something you should have checked before confirming urself, it takes only A MINUTE to know if you've got the money or not.

usually i dont get pissed off at stuff like this cause its just smash here to play games, but *** this is like the millionth times ive said to confirm yourselves and im way too nice end up calling you peeps for everyone else. Also i said dont give me MAYBE as an answer and there are still people doing it. so this time they changed it to "yea i think we're going" you THINK you're going when i'm making all the phone calls? and tell me i'll only go if so and so attends, seriously ive had enough of this ****.

i made ken and mike stayed in the lounge cause we know yakal was suppose to be here at 1 and didnt leave just cause he might show at anytime. all this still fine cause it happens way too often, but making ken mike and dan coming to SFU and have no smash is un fuking acceptable. they came all the way from south van, either by car/bus it'll take at least 1 and half hr to get here, one way. if u going to bail, mention it early in the morning and call. i'll say it again YOU DONT JUST BAIL AND MAKE THEM WAIT HERE THATS SOMETHING I DO NOT TOLERATE.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
i take everything into consideration man. people wanted smashfest so i host one, and through out the week, especially friday night I as in ME have to make calls to you guys who wanted to smash, and Adam told me they're smashing last night at 11 30 pm and would make it here the next day in the afternoon.

i know **** might happen and stuff comes up and people can't make it thats fine as long as u have ur reason, just call or post something on the board and let others know about it. NOBODY, NO ONE called for bailing until 3:30 pm when i spoke to Roby and he told me he aint coming. thats totally different from giving anyone a notic. me ken and mike waited 3 hrs in the lounge and we were the ones making calls to check. i also dont call having no money for bus fare a reason, thats something you should have checked before confirming urself, it takes only A MINUTE to know if you've got the money or not.

usually i dont get pissed off at stuff like this cause its just smash here to play games, but *** this is like the millionth times ive said to confirm yourselves and im way too nice end up calling you peeps for everyone else. Also i said dont give me MAYBE as an answer and there are still people doing it. so this time they changed it to "yea i think we're going" you THINK you're going when i'm making all the phone calls? and tell me i'll only go if so and so attends, seriously ive had enough of this ****.

i made ken and mike stayed in the lounge cause we know yakal was suppose to be here at 1 and didnt leave just cause he might show at anytime. all this still fine cause it happens way too often, but making ken mike and dan coming to SFU and have no smash is un fuking acceptable. they came all the way from south van, either by car/bus it'll take at least 1 and half hr to get here, one way. if u going to bail, mention it early in the morning and call. i'll say it again YOU DONT JUST BAIL AND MAKE THEM WAIT HERE THATS SOMETHING I DO NOT TOLERATE.
QFT. Come on guys, no johns. That's just not cool.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman

Jack just turned into an unstoppable killing machine with 5 bashers and hyperstone

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Lol 5 bashers that are useless cause they have a cooldown on bash

Also im not surprised that has happened to Jack. There's a lot of "little" things that people think isn't big but in reality they show how much you really care.

Its also one of the reasons I left smash.

Metà

Smash Master
Well, not all of us can smash all weekend every weekend during the school year. However, I think the biggest problem is people who say they will in and then don't.

If you're not entirely sure you can go there, don't say that you will. If there's too many 'maybes' or not enough people say they will go, then Jack can cancel it for that week. That only works if people are actually honest though!

Also, it's kind of annoying when people say stuff like "I'll only go if this person goes". If you actually want to play Smash, and you want Jack to keep hosting these, just f*cking go. There will always be people to Smash with, but everyone has the mindset of "not enough people are going" or "the people there will suck", then the attendance will be close to 0 every time.

Step it up guys, wtf

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I'm really sorry Jack, I didn't know my indecisiveness and lack of communication would have such a negative affect. I will be sure to follow up and confirm in the future. I am truly sorry.

unityole

Smash Lord

Also im not surprised that has happened to Jack. There's a lot of "little" things that people think isn't big but in reality they show how much you really care.

well *** i didnt know why John quit in the first place but for w/e reasons he left smash, i now know how he felt.

i've spent too much time and money for smash but some just screw around, people should start taking responsibilities, this isnt junior high anymore. to whomever left their stuff in the lounge, come pick it up, im closing up for good, there will be no more smashfest.

Evan: good luck to your tournies in the future man, but dont count on me helping out, no more TVs from me/ lounge and I wont allow any more people to stay overnight at SFU for smash.

im gone

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
well *** i didnt know why John quit in the first place but for w/e reasons he left smash, i now know how he felt.

i've spent too much time and money for smash but some just screw around, people should start taking responsibilities, this isnt junior high anymore. to whomever left their stuff in the lounge, come pick it up, im closing up for good, there will be no more smashfest.

Evan: good luck to your tournies in the future man, but dont count on me helping out, no more TVs from me/ lounge and I wont allow any more people to stay overnight at SFU for smash.

im gone
I know if I was still in BC this wouldn't have happened..... anyways thanks Jack for all your smashfests and what you have done for the smash community and I wish you the best of luck in the future!

Umm... Adam... can you pick up my Wii and games + controller(s) please!!!??? (extra set up for you;) I think I left a TV there too?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Oh wow this is really lame.. Jack I'm sure people will get the idea now. And evans right a bi-weekly is different from every other sfu, and most of us have been coming every time so it's bound we all screw up. You're just the one who has to deal with everything and thats not definitely not easy.

Maybe you'll have a change of thought in the next few weeks, maybe not. But your smash & PC events are to good.. people will realize when theres not just a bus to hop onto and play games lol.

unityole

Smash Lord
Jack, that's dumb. This only happened once, why not make it just biweekly or something? And not helping me with my tournaments anymore? F*ck
this isnt the only time it has happened, theres a lot of sh*t going on i just dont want to point them out. i'm sure johns the same.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
Lol 5 bashers that are useless cause they have a cooldown on bash

dota v6.57

Sion

Island of Horizon
this isnt the only time it has happened, theres a lot of sh*t going on i just dont want to point them out. i'm sure johns the same.
I see where you're coming from, Jack, and i understand. I'm not trying to get pity from you, I've been pretty bad myself, I can just see what you mean. It's a shame that one of the nicest, friendliest hosters/smashers had to go down like this. You're one of the reasons i got back into this smash community.. sorry, man.

unityole

Smash Lord
it seems people dont understand the problem here, its my choice to host smashfest so whatever happens as long as its not personal between me and you, no need to apologize to me.

making ken mike and dan coming to SFU and have no smash is un fuking acceptable. they came all the way from south van, either by car/bus it'll take at least 1 and half hr to get here, one way. if u going to bail, mention it early in the morning and call. i'll say it again YOU DONT JUST BAIL AND MAKE THEM WAIT HERE THATS SOMETHING I DO NOT TOLERATE.
not to me but instead should be sorry to Mike Ken and Dan who made their way here and had no smash. I dont care if they're not good at smash, everyone needs to practice to get good. if nobody shows up they'll never get the chance to play, and thats how the games die.
if you say you're going to be here for smash, then show up. otherwise dont say anything and when people call me and ask i'll just tell everyone that nobody showed up, so they can all stay home.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Thanks for the tourneys and good times Jack. Even though I only went to 2 tourneys back in the summer, I enjoyed what you did. For sure top tier. I kind of saw this coming from all of the times I heard Vancouver laziness stories but at least it had it's moments...right?

I still haven't seen my Brawl disk that I left there at TS2 from when we were using it to play when we got snowed in. Evan said he'd mail it but he's lazy so if anyone else has it or can, please let me know and I'll send you mailing information. Thanks again.

Weird how the weekend that SFU smash ends, UBCO smash starts up again. That's quite coincidental. If anyone wants to come to smashfests outside of Vancouver and visit your little smash brother, UBCO in Kelowna has smashfests almost every Saturday from 1-whenever pm hosted by me and ComradeCanada. Just a heads up on that.

Best of luck in the future Jack and all. <3

dieslow

Smash Ace
I'm really sorry Jack, I didn't know my indecisiveness and lack of communication would have such a negative affect. I will be sure to follow up and confirm in the future. I am truly sorry.

u have done a lot jack, thx for everything, we all appreciate it.

john: what hgappend?

Clouderz

Smash Ace
this is really depressing =(
even tho i dont go to smashfests, i would've gone to all of them if my parents *allowed* it. Seriously, i would
all the tournaments that jack has hosted i went to, i had amazing times, but to see jack go down like this is just depressing.

BC just lost a very important member of the community.
Sorry to hear this Jack. Wish you best of luck in the future =(

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
It's too bad it has to come to this. I really hope someday you reconsider, Jack, because you're just an amazing member of the community and it would really suck to lose you as a host. Come to Victoria someday, we have a pretty good turnout every single week. :p

Looks like I won't be back at SFU till TS3 at least... :(

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Let this thread die it's depressing to read lol.

And maybe on sunny morning we'll wake up and open smashboards and see this on the top page :D

Top Bottom