• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC: SSBB PR - updated: Dec 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Zyfe and I had a session, Dave and the Meta player from my floor were there too. Dave played better than I recall, which is nice to see. I need to learn the ZSS matchup. Zyfe and I went about even, as usual, though I'd say he came out a little ahead. Stupid Oli vs Ike lol, but no Johns.

I'm fine with being a panelist. Is it alright if we seperate the regions as well, kind of like an Eastern and Western Conference in the NHL? It might actually be easier to do that and leave it at that for now, since we haven't had a lot of tournaments yet.

I also think Breez would be a good candidate, and so would you, James, depending on how much you keep playing Brawl.

What process do I need to go through to actually change my main lol. How do I "prove otherwise".
Dave has always been decent. Just needs to stop silly little things (like fsmash LOL) and he could be on par with you and zyfe really quickly. Good to hear. 2 Conferences would be fine sure, though we could just say VC(vancouver conference) and OC(okanagan conference) beside each of the players (possibly tied) on the major list. That would keep it clear/vague enough and still be legit.

Breez/Firefly/Bundtcake:
Are you guys up for being panelists? You basically just have athority in the final decision of the PR and if there is a BC Brawl Ruleset made. It means you gotta do the unbias discussing to get it done on time etc, that's about it.

Since we'll do the 'region' thing along with it, Fazha for sure here and either Zyfe (depending how much effort he puts into the game) or me (same dealio).

So 4 panelists for now.

The panelists. you must confirm yourselves to be one.

Bundtcake :
Breez :
Firefly :
Fazha : Check
\

Edit: Do you have the msn/phone#/fb of the players from UBCO or anyone else you think might be interested?
If you do, send them this link/tell them about it. They probably won't look here otherwise LOL

unityole

Smash Lord
TO ALL MEMBERS OF BC BRAWL THAT PLAY IN THE OKANAGAN:

WE WILL BE HAVING A SMASHFEST IN WHICH WE DETERMINE OUR PR RATING, WHICH WILL BE CONSIDERED ALONG WITH MONEYMATCH, AND TOURNAMENTS WITHIN THIS YEAR (Which won't be considered much, since it would be easy free points for myself and AJ)

I'M HOPING FOR THIS TO HAPPEN SOMETIME NEXT WEEKEND, EITHER AT UBCO OR STEVEN'S HOUSE ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY, OR ANOTHER TIME IF OTHER PEOPLE CAN MAKE IT (Looking at you, Kosk.)

IF YOU DO NOT ATTEND THIS AND HAVE NOT ATTENDED ANY EVENTS (Smashfests, Overture, anything smash related in the new year) YOU WILL NOT BE ADDED TO THE LIST DUE TO A LACK OF RESULTS TO CONSIDER. (as of right now, Dotz/Max, Player X, and the Armstrong boys are in need of attending. Does anyone have Px's contact info?)

THE FORMAT WILL BE A SERIOUS OF MONEYMATCH STYLE MATCHES, WITH CHARACTER MATCHUPS BEING TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION, AND EXACT RESULTS BEING TAKEN FROM EACH MATCH. BEST OF 5, BC STAGE LIST.

IF YOU NEED A RIDE/DIRECTIONS, CONTACT ME, FAHKMAN!, AT 250-215-6382, OR FEEL FREE TO ADD ME ON MSN AT alexeastman3@hotmail.com.

brawl is serious? why serious?
yo we should play some smash brothers 64 the next time you come to lower mainland, and let me **** you plz

LFL

Smash Journeyman
What does organizing tounaments have to do with being a panelist?
Because AJ and I came up with the rule set we use for BC. On top of that, I will have all the tournament brackets on my laptop and will be able to see who beat who in every tournament. Also every smashfest is done at my place. With all that info i can clearly make decisions as to how the PR should go. Plus i have a ridiculous amount of free time on my laptop at work.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Panelists
Firefly : Check
Fazha : Check
Bundt :
Breez :
LFL :
Lib :

However, seeing lots of smash doesn't mean much. Some people who haven't seen much are much smarter decision makers than some veterans, though it does show you're active, that's a good thing. Coming up with the current ruleset doesn't mean much, considering nobody else bothered it shows you had initiative, which is good, and that's all. Everything else you said doesn't amount to understanding the game of smash well. Match ups, playstyles, the intelligence of individuals and skill level, maybe consistancy but only to a point.

Being a smart player overall makes a better panelist/PR decision maker than everything you listed. I know I hardly trust AJ with good decision making (LOL no offense AJ) and don't trust the majority (90%) of Vancouvers decision making in their recent year history as they've been way off and never realize their mistakes until months later or are blind to perspectives other than the inside of their own. As well as inevitable bias, past trends, unfocused hype, etc, but that can't be helped and it's another story. (It has also made Vancouver melee very competitive *thumbs up*

The most experienced person in the world isn't the wiser from it if he doesn't learn from them. Hence the wisest people usually tend to be those who learn from others mistakes therefore never making their own. If you can watch that smash and understand why the results are that way, then good. But applying what you come to know is completely different.

Experience is a source of a wisdom, they are not equals so don't compare them.

But giving you both the benefit of a doubt, letting you guys have a run at it might be a great decision after all, as nobody has any idea how much you can help, maybe lots maybe none. Since we only started, best of luck, cause you're in if you want to be. :)

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Uhh sure, I'll be a panelist I guess O:

EDIT: And sure, Fahza, I'm still up for wifi, I'll probably be on the AiB ladder like all Christmas break XD

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
And I won't make it to anything before Dec 28th as it be melee training time until then.

And I won't make it out to any kind of event that I have to plan for until May unless it's that big tourney in Abbotsfootziez for Brawl for some fun times with Libby Kong ^^^

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
Aj I can drive you, and we can reschedule it for another time, one that the most people can attend.

For the last time, I changed my name to FAHKMAN! I didn't even advocate people calling me Fazha in the first place. -.-

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Wow I came here expecting to be 1st on this PR, but turns out I'm not even top 10! god dang son.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Wow I came here expecting to be 1st on this PR, but turns out I'm not even top 10! god dang son.
Yeah, looks like when you weren't paying attention 10 clones of Weed came in and owned in the tourneys O:
BC Bud is stepping it up!

wtf again, brawl?

james wtf happend to the 64
The guy who lended me his 64 + SSB took it back about 3 months ago. I have a bday gift 64 from Koski and 1 crappy controller but I'm missing key things. SSB of course, but also one of those memory card things.

I donno what they're called, they're kind of like the little memory box, goes in the top near the front...got an extra? Imma play more when I can but bleh right now.

For the last time, I changed my name to FAHKMAN! I didn't even advocate people calling me Fazha in the first place. -.-
You first wanted Dad or some lame thing that's overdone, so I called you Fazha after brief discussion about austin powers. Everybody likes it too. You're Fazha for lyfe now so no johns!

Fahkman just doesn't suit you bro.
QFT

Updating the OP.

It would be nice to have 5 panelists as it would eliminate possible ties in voting among you.

So Breez, Bundt, Firefly, Fazha...

Nominate/Vote/Discuss for the final panelist. Whoever who want.

Then when that's done, discussion for the PR 1 through 10 can BEGIN!

unityole

Smash Lord
I think the final panelist should be an Okanagan player. Having 4 from Vancouver seems imbalanced.

:005:
imo james jake francis kosk and ptrozz should be the panelists for brawl and maybe tim too.
thats 1 from mainland, 2 from north and 2 from the island. although im not sure about tim if he still plays brawl, samething for francis i havent seen him post in a while.

but really panelists should go to players most experienced, and good skilled. james should obviously be one of the panelist due to the fact that he still uses random, same for ptrozz.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
imo james jake francis kosk and ptrozz should be the panelists for brawl and maybe tim too.
thats 1 from mainland, 2 from north and 2 from the island. although im not sure about tim if he still plays brawl, samething for francis i havent seen him post in a while.

but really panelists should go to players most experienced, and good skilled. james should obviously be one of the panelist due to the fact that he still uses random, same for ptrozz.
James seems to be voluntarily giving up his spot until he gets more into the Brawl scene, Kosk doesn't seem to want anything to do with this thread at all, totally agreed on Jake, and I can't say I've seen anyone from the island post as far as I know, so although I do think it'd be a good idea to have a panelist from the island, it doesn't look like they're integrated well enough into the current Vancouver/OK BC Brawl scene to warrant having a panelist at the moment. They can feel free to make their own PR list and then when we actually get a chance to meet one of them we could work something out.

I think the final panelist should be an Okanagan player. Having 4 from Vancouver seems imbalanced.

Agreed, I'd be happy with either Lib3r4t3 or Dynamism? as the fifth panelist :o

Dynamism?

Smash Champion

Ew no jack for reazl LOL

Trozz doesn't play anymore or travel as there's a lack of anything in Kamloops and didn't get too good, Francis is all melee since Tim converted him but doesn't take it too seriously and didn't ever do much but CG with ICs, Kosk doesn't get around much or pay attention to anything but his own personal win streaks, Tim has never played the game unless it was an easy tournament full of noobs where it was easy money.

Then me, I'm probably the most experienced Brawler in BC as far as in-person tournaments/smashfests/etc go, and probably could become the best again if I ever do play more than 20 matches or take it even mildly seriously again (especially since peepz like cldrz don't play anymore), but even if I did right now, it wouldn't last as I'm leaving the smash community again in the new year and won't be back until May. (You know this already) And until then, I'm all melee for the Ka Master tourney anyway.

Seriously though Jack, about that 64 memory card and SSB, got an extra? LOL

totally agreed on Jake

Agreed, I'd be happy with either Lib3r4t3 or Dynamism? as the fifth panelist :o
No me (see above) and who's Jake, where is he, and can you get him over here (to the thread etc) ???

If Jake doesn't show, no discussion needed it's AJ if he wants.

If Jake does show, current panelist can vote for AJ or Jake.

GG

bundtcake

Smash Ace
No me (see above) and who's Jake, where is he, and can you get him over here (to the thread etc) ???

If Jake doesn't show, no discussion needed it's AJ if he wants.

If Jake does show, current panelist can vote for AJ or Jake.

GG
Jake = Firefly, which makes things simpler :p

Frio

Smash Champion
I nominate Me, Alphicans, Superboom, Killock, T block and Kurado for being panelist.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
He's...already one >_>
Exactly XD Which is why I agreed with unityole

@Frio: I was about to say "sure sounds good" but then I took a look at the mains! Sonic? Pokemon Trainer? Pikachu? Falco? Marth? Snake (extra ridiculous)? My god man, when you all play such silly characters how can you expect us to take you seriously? Come back when you ditch those loser characters and pick up Captain Falcon, a true man's character :E

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
@Frio: I was about to say "sure sounds good" but then I took a look at the mains! Sonic? Pokemon Trainer? Pikachu? Falco? Marth? Snake (extra ridiculous)? My god man, when you all play such silly characters how can you expect us to take you seriously? Come back when you ditch those loser characters and pick up Captain Falcon, a true man's character :E
You don't get to talk until you actually pick a main yourself. =J

breez

Smash Ace
marth is a big***

he wears a tiara
I think we can all agree on that.

Also cake, I think when we all have enough matchup experience against all of your wacky mains, the people who play only one character may have the advantage, coming from increased character awareness stemming from a single main.

Thoughts/opinions?

bundtcake

Smash Ace
You think you'll be able to counter ALL of my characters? I'll take that as a challenge! ;D

Also, besides having way more fun playing as a bunch of different characters as opposed to just one or two, it makes it easier for me to drastically change my playing style mid-match, either by switching characters or simply just utilizing a different strategy with the same character, keeping me more on the unpredictable side and make it easier to take people off-guard, a useful ability considering that I may not know my character as well as my opponent knows theirs. As well, by practicing with characters I don't really know how to play as, I'm forced to mainly rely on things like predictions and mindgames, rather than character-specific strategies I wouldn't know about, which transfers over to characters that I do know how to play as.

Of course this is all just BS I pulled out of my *** just now, I just really like playing lots of characters is all 8D

EDIT:

:050:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom