• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC: SSBB PR - updated: Dec 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Trolling doesn't require debate techniques, but successful (or what I define as successful) trolling requires debate techniques to argue back against. Except I <3 debating/arguing so I turn everything into a debate, even your fairly weak statements :D

And if two paragraphs is too long for you to read I can shorten that post for you: "shut up, that's just your opinion, l2troll"

Metà

Smash Master
the success of a troll can be measured by how many angry responses he gets

that's what trolling is; it's not disagreeing, it's not arguing, it's just trying to piss people off

<3

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Notice how After Dawn gets more responses because it's harder to respond to him? ;D I mean he even got Ally into this thread, that's actually pretty impressive XD

don't worry though mang you still have me

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Crew battles sound like so much fun

there's gonna be a low-tier tourney at the January Abbotsford tourney

I dunno how useful listing doubles teams would be, everyone's been switching around so far.
Crews would be epic and entertaining. Low tier crews too. But doesn't almost everyone in BC use low tier anyway? (aside from a few)

Doubles teams aren't something to note unless it's just keeping track of what the teams are at tournaments that pass.

lmao @ thinking that trolling requires actual debate techniques

by giving me two paragraphs as a response you've basically proven my point

and with that I'll take my leave
This is facts ^^^

I mean he even got Ally into this thread, that's actually pretty impressive XD
I hope you're joking hahahaha

I could summon roughly 20 name-searching players into this thread in this post. There's nothing impressive about that hahaha.

It's funny how people think trolling is the cool thing to do.
Ya rly!

NOW BUNDT AND META STOP TROLLIN MAH THREAD

Ic0nic

Smash Apprentice
lmao @ thinking that trolling requires actual debate techniques

by giving me two paragraphs as a response you've basically proven my point

and with that I'll take my leave
it'd be really great if you stopped ****ting on our thread.

go **** yourself.

Metà

Smash Master
I would no have no reason to continue posting in this thread if you guys didn't respond to my comments.

"Don't feed the trolls"

I realize that you just joined a few weeks ago, but is this your first time talking to people online too? Aw that's so cute :3

l2webforum

bundtcake

Smash Ace
I hope you're joking hahahaha

I could summon roughly 20 name-searching players into this thread in this post. There's nothing impressive about that hahaha.
...Wait, does Ally actually frequently post when just called for a petty reason like that? XD If so then you got me there.

@Meta: aw shucks you're making me blush, I just enjoy arguin' on the in'ernet is all...

EDIT to make this post at least partially on topic:

We actually don't have a lot of low tier mains, most are middle-high tier mains with some low tier secondaries, although surprisingly we don't have a lot of top tiers. This applies to the Vancouver area but I dunno, is OK all that different in this respect? XD

Ic0nic

Smash Apprentice
I would no have no reason to continue posting in this thread if you guys didn't respond to my comments.

"Don't feed the trolls"

I realize that you just joined a few weeks ago, but is this your first time talking to people online too? Aw that's so cute :3

l2webforum
you're out of your element donny.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
...Wait, does Ally actually frequently post when just called for a petty reason like that? XD If so then you got me there.

@Meta: aw shucks you're making me blush, I just enjoy arguin' on the in'ernet is all...

EDIT to make this post at least partially on topic:

We actually don't have a lot of low tier mains, most are middle-high tier mains with some low tier secondaries, although surprisingly we don't have a lot of top tiers. This applies to the Vancouver area but I dunno, is OK all that different in this respect? XD
We used to be. Our top seven used to be Random, Ganon, Falco, Olimar, Ike, DK, and Ness(Or Snake, depending on the day.) Extremeism between lows and highs.

Now it's looking like I'm going to be Marth/MK, and AJ will be some other high tier character, so we're mostly high tier now.

I just get annoyed that Firefly doesn't play Marth/Falco/Snake or some other matchup I know well. Learning the Yoshi matchup just to beat FF is annoying because honestly, the odds of me running into another Yoshi that I can't just beast through is sooooo slim. For Kosk, it's the same thing just replace yoshi with Ganon/Wolf.

But, no johns, I'm learning those matchups as we speak, Now that I main a character whose boards actually care about matchups.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What makes learning the yoshi match-up pointless? Like do you honestly think you'll be playing many other people other than the people in BC?

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
Do I honestly think I'll be travelling with Brawl? I don't see why not. I think we're going to WA next Feb.

I don't think I said pointless, either, did I? I just said annoying.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Don't think of it as learning the matchup to beat someone, think of it as matchup training for when you DO encounter someone else that uses Wolf, yoshi, or ganon, simular to when you had myself or steven as ness and dk practice. In melee, I don't usually fret when I find out my opponent uses Luigi, because James has given me enough practice in that matchup, and with quite the annoying Luigi too, making most luigi's look like cheese.

Lol, your flatmates not only go even with you, but beat you, too, or something?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Wow, meta got trolled so hard in this thread it's hilarious.
He actually did an amazing job of trolling this thread. Our thread turned 'messy' because of him, at his leisure. gg

We used to be. Our top seven used to be Random, Ganon, Falco, Olimar, Ike, DK, and Ness(Or Snake, depending on the day.) Extremeism between lows and highs.
So now our top 7 are Ganon, Falco, Ike, Diddy, MK, Olimar and Bowser
?? sounds right
Still a decent mix with a couple low tiers (you're still Ike until proven otherwise lol

In melee, I don't usually fret when I find out my opponent uses Luigi, because James has given me enough practice in that matchup, and with quite the annoying Luigi too, making most luigi's look like cheese.
LMAO I'll take that as the strangest compliment in a LONG time. Thanks hahaha

Take learning a strange match up like learning a strange playstyle.

My Luigi taught Tim to hold up his shield longer, that's benefited him hugely in Falco dittos, which are everywhere in BC. But he hasn't faced another Luigi besides a new player in Victoria, a new player in WA, then Ka Master (who ***** everyone anyway)

Learning Yoshi will teach you to deal with a different spam/pivot grabbing
Learning Ganon will teach you...not too much but something, LOL
Learning Ness will teach you do deal with Fair spam and gimping

etc

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
But there are other, better characters that spam and pivot grab. I DIGRESS, I'm learning it anyway.

Learning Ganon makes you good at Ganon, which is the most satisfying thing in the known world.

LOL my Marth/MK are almost better than Ike now after 2 weeks. well, they win easier.

BTW AJ you haven't beaten my Ike in well over a year. so chill. Or I can beat you around with Fox some more.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I have a really empty week or so ahead of me, and it would be cool to get some Smash in. If anybody wants to get something together, let me know. I'm gonna be sooooooo bored... DX

:005:

breez

Smash Ace
He actually did an amazing job of trolling this thread. Our thread turned 'messy' because of him, at his leisure. gg
Haha ride his **** more dude.

I don't really give a **** about any of the drama, but for the record, "trolling" doesn't mean "unfunny douchebag".

breez

Smash Ace
Firefly come out this weekend for sure! Our classes are over, and I would like to practice for our upcoming tournies!

Ic0nic

Smash Apprentice
I have a really empty week or so ahead of me, and it would be cool to get some Smash in. If anybody wants to get something together, let me know. I'm gonna be sooooooo bored... DX

I might end up at UBC for a bit mid to late next week.

breez

Smash Ace
Maaaybe you should wait until you actually get a chance to play the rest of BC before ranking people :p
Teehee, Bryan is defending his honor! (Although he is completely right).

Bryan, I need to think of my Snake vs ROB metagame or something, you unreasonably ***** me last time.

Bryan + Jake, you guys should come out tonight or tomorrow!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Firefly for #2.
lol, why 2? The only person here you've played IIRC is Kosk, and he doesn't want to be on the list anyway. So you can definitively say that I'm better than everybody except for one person, even though you haven't played anybody else? XD

I'll come out this weekend, as long as I can get back on time on Monday. It's looking good so far though. =D

@ Ic0nic: If you'll be smashing there, let me know, and I'll show. =3

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol, you put diddy and mk, and I'm not sure which one is supposed to be me.
You're Diddy, didn't know you still used MK

LOL my Marth/MK are almost better than Ike now after 2 weeks. well, they win easier.
Cause Ike sucks, and Marth and MK don't.

MK is freakin sexy too. So happy he's the best in the game! :D

Haha ride his **** more dude.

I don't really give a **** about any of the drama, but for the record, "trolling" doesn't mean "unfunny douchebag".
He screwed 3 pages of my thread and you think I appreciate that
XD wtf is wrong with you

lol, why 2? The only person here you've played IIRC is Kosk, and he doesn't want to be on the list anyway.

:043:
He played me in 1 match I think.
My Pika vs his Oli in the first Brawl I played in over 8 months, no johns though. LOL

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I met you in January, and have beaten your ike before. Well over a year is an obvious overstatement. You're still basing things from last week, only accounting for yourself and people you see improving. Don't be counting eggs early or you could be disappointed.

Pierre meant me for second, because he clearly would love me more than he would you, Firefly.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
So what am I supposed to base it off of?

Actually, after the tournament which was called TC6/7/whatever UBCO with money on the line, I countered a giant punch for a kill and then Aetherspiked you and since then, you haven't beaten my Ike in a serious match. That happened last Feb IIRC. So I was off by two months, my bad. Sure, it sounds cocky, but I worked hard to get my Ike where he is and if you don't like it, MM me and prove me wrong, I have no qualms with that.

As for the other players, I've got a guy who has been playing seriously since november of this year who uses Wolf well. He forces approaches with laser, shines enemy aerials, spaces with Bair, spams Dsmash and Fsmash low, Know how to DACUS, and takes my Ike to his last stock consistently. Same with the Meta player, except he makes terrible decisions.

Are these guys better than you? Probably not, but it was fun to say. XD

Cake are you still down for some wifi this winter? It'd be the only form of practice I can get aside from technical practice with MK/Marth/Ike.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Did you guys smash at cakehz yesterday? Sorry I didn't show up if you did. I heard zyfe and you played but no kosk/cakeh/lib/dotz?

NOTE TO VANCOUVER/REST

I WILL UPDATE THE FIRST PR LIST ON THE FIRST WEEKEND OF THE NEW YEAR, SO IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A SMASHFEST FOR FINAL RANKING ORDER, DO SO BEFORE THEN AND POST YOUR LIST. AS FOR FAZHA/KOSK, I WILL THROW THEM IN AFTER MILD DISCUSSION WITH EVERYONE. TIES ARE OK IF IT'S DIFFICULT TO MAKE YOUR DECISIONS.

good luck have fun gg

ALSO, PANELISTS
(those who make the final decisions)

It's looking like Firefly/Fazha/Bundtcake would be good candidats so far. All better players and in the proper areas so they can tell where things should be and are decently smart and reliable to make these decisions.

Good for now? I'll update that prior to the final update so the panelists can finalize it.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
Zyfe and I had a session, Dave and the Meta player from my floor were there too. Dave played better than I recall, which is nice to see. I need to learn the ZSS matchup. Zyfe and I went about even, as usual, though I'd say he came out a little ahead. Stupid Oli vs Ike lol, but no Johns.

I'm fine with being a panelist. Is it alright if we seperate the regions as well, kind of like an Eastern and Western Conference in the NHL? It might actually be easier to do that and leave it at that for now, since we haven't had a lot of tournaments yet.

I also think Breez would be a good candidate, and so would you, James, depending on how much you keep playing Brawl.

What process do I need to go through to actually change my main lol. How do I "prove otherwise"?

So, I guess I'll make an announcement:

TO ALL MEMBERS OF BC BRAWL THAT PLAY IN THE OKANAGAN:

WE WILL BE HAVING A SMASHFEST IN WHICH WE DETERMINE OUR PR RATING, WHICH WILL BE CONSIDERED ALONG WITH MONEYMATCH, AND TOURNAMENTS WITHIN THIS YEAR (Which won't be considered much, since it would be easy free points for myself and AJ)

I'M HOPING FOR THIS TO HAPPEN SOMETIME NEXT WEEKEND, EITHER AT UBCO OR STEVEN'S HOUSE ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY, OR ANOTHER TIME IF OTHER PEOPLE CAN MAKE IT (Looking at you, Kosk.)

IF YOU DO NOT ATTEND THIS AND HAVE NOT ATTENDED ANY EVENTS (Smashfests, Overture, anything smash related in the new year) YOU WILL NOT BE ADDED TO THE LIST DUE TO A LACK OF RESULTS TO CONSIDER. (as of right now, Dotz/Max, Player X, and the Armstrong boys are in need of attending. Does anyone have Px's contact info?)

THE FORMAT WILL BE A SERIES OF MONEYMATCH STYLE MATCHES, WITH CHARACTER MATCHUPS BEING TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION, AND EXACT RESULTS BEING TAKEN FROM EACH MATCH. BEST OF 5, BC STAGE LIST.

IF YOU NEED A RIDE/DIRECTIONS, CONTACT ME, FAHKMAN!, AT 250-215-6382, OR FEEL FREE TO ADD ME ON MSN AT alexeastman3@hotmail.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom