• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC plays MELEE - no Brawl allowed - May 15/16, 2010 - Burnaby+Vancouver, BC, Canada

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
listen, anyone, ANYONE who has an extra bedroom, doesnt matter what size, we'll take it. you guys wanna set rules? thats fine with us, we'll oblige. we're only gonna use that room for sleeping anyways. the rest of the time, we're gonna be taking in the sights, be at the tournament, drinking, playing smash at another place, so on. just an extra bedroom will do. we'll fit.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
MY MOTHER IS A SAINT MANUEL
yo alaskans just get a motel. If you're not worried about size constraints then sneak 8 people into a 2 bed room.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
well, we wanna try and keep all fees at a minimum here...

if poeple can house us, seriously an extra room, you set the ruiles we'll kindly oblige, and you get to have alaskans over the weekend! ask anything, and hang out with us, and we can show u our skill.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
MY MOTHER IS A SAINT MANUEL
yo alaskans just get a motel. If you're not worried about size constraints then sneak 8 people into a 2 bed room.
She is, I didn't mean anything dirty by it! =)
well, we wanna try and keep all fees at a minimum here...

if poeple can house us, seriously an extra room, you set the ruiles we'll kindly oblige, and you get to have alaskans over the weekend! ask anything, and hang out with us, and we can show u our skill.
I understand man, it's just parents don't take kindly as well. I'm not doubting that Alaskans have experience sleeping on top of each other, it's just that you know how parents are.

That being said, if you are looking to see sights, you probably want to stay somewhere near Vancouver. I could even take you guys sightseeing if you want.

Maybe we'll have more options closer to the day.

Evan, anytime after finals is fine. Weekends is preferred.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Don't listen to the following 2 people...
They are not even from BC so can't help as they'll be needing housing if they come too.
I am not really part of this, but what would be the problem with getting a cheap hotel?
No </3 guys, just sayin.
Lots of <3 for alberta, but stay out of housing OOS unless you want some! XD

I heard if you bring Brawl to this tourney God smites you.
God is a noob
King of noobs will smite god if god brings brawl
KING OF NOOBS WILL SMITE

people dont wanna pay, and we wanna be playing more smash with you guys, simple as that
THIS

listen, anyone, ANYONE who has an extra bedroom, doesnt matter what size, we'll take it. you guys wanna set rules? thats fine with us, we'll oblige. we're only gonna use that room for sleeping anyways. the rest of the time, we're gonna be taking in the sights, be at the tournament, drinking, playing smash at another place, so on. just an extra bedroom will do. we'll fit.
Don't worry about it anymore. Like Diakonos said above this post or whatever, give it time for someone to step up/someone to persuade parents, etc.

Manuel speaks this and it's the fact of the matter right now - "Maybe we'll have more options closer to the day."

Time is what's needed. Just be patient? Are you in a huge rush to get this confirmed or can you wait a month (still 5 months advance notice) or until a date for the tourney is confirmed at least?

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
well, seeing as the majority of the smashers here are teenagers we would like to present a proper and detailed plan as soon as possible to our parents as well.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
well, seeing as the majority of the smashers here are teenagers we would like to present a proper and detailed plan as soon as possible to our parents as well.
I understand man. I certainly don't mean anything personal by it. We'll do our best. =]
Don't listen to the following
God is a noob
King of noobs will smite god if god brings brawl
KING OF NOOBS WILL SMITE
Not particularly cool in my eyes, James.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I think its hard to determine if people can do it so fast. Theres still a long ways away. If I do happen to move out on my own I could do it but im not sure if I will be able to by the time the tourney comes.

unityole

Smash Lord
I think its hard to determine if people can do it so fast. Theres still a long ways away. If I do happen to move out on my own I could do it but im not sure if I will be able to by the time the tourney comes.
hitsugaya has spoken

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Understood, we'll gogogo but we just need a bit of time etc :)

Not particularly cool in my eyes, James.
Yeah I felt that someone would see it that way when posting it but was too lazy to erase it. No johns, please forgive me for out of lineness.

where is this?
BC Canada (West Coast)
lol

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
if you host a harry potter quiddich tourney then you can expect pretty much everyone from BC to come.. if not, maybe expect 1 or 2, your choice.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
on the confirmed to go list we got

ThatOneDudeski
Daemonfang
Rina-Chan (when she comes down there, we're all referring to her as DaT ***, just to make her feel awkward, k? lol)
Xanskar
Z-row
OhGodX
OrryWatts
Some random extra driver

anyone else not in this roster from alaska is on their own accord... everyones still pretty hyped for this...

Xanskar

Smash Lord
i thought i said not to put me on the confirmed list
oh well guess im going now

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
on the confirmed to go list we got

ThatOneDudeski
Daemonfang
Rina-Chan (when she comes down there, we're all referring to her as DaT ***, just to make her feel awkward, k? lol)
Xanskar
Z-row
OhGodX
OrryWatts
Some random extra driver

anyone else not in this roster from alaska is on their own accord... everyones still pretty hyped for this...
Sweet and lol @ rina

Meta, what's the status on official date confirmation progress? Any thoughts or narrowing down?

I'm hyped too. :D

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
May gives me plenty of time to prepare to go to this.

Count me in.

Especially since GG7, and Axe are planning to come to this. AZ <3

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Awe mangz I hope it's gone by then. It'll be like 1 billion degrees and bikini spamming season in Kelowna. DON'T LET ME DOWN VANKUVAH!!!

Top Bottom