• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
I understand you're anxious for your match but I have other things to do in my life than upload videos; please be patient, I already told you i'd get to them when I can.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
I understand you're anxious for your match but I have other things to do in my life than upload videos; please be patient, I already told you i'd get to them when I can.
ty btw do u still have the genesis 2 vids?

do u wanna next time we meet up im gonna give u a 16-32 gig usb drive so that u can put all the genesis2 vids on there and i will do all the converting and uploading?

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Oh

holy cow man where did that camera go anyway

oh and I have a few pictures i'll try and get those up when I find the camera lol but this is no place for this kind of discussion

Sion, what are your thoughts?

booshk

Smash Lord
i'm sorry that's a horrible list, icy LOL

anyways
will for 10th definitely. unless matt did amazing last tourny. tahsis above noobking for placing way better and being more consistent these two tournaments

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
adam could beat everyone if he was playing hes best. but that's to bad it only happens once every 500 years.

Sion

Island of Horizon
i agree with your list as a whole, erc, but i have a few points of concern:

why is roby over evanmeta? they have similar placings, but i really think evan has improved a whole bunch. i could see them taking either spot. i'd just like to know your reasoning.

i consider will to be a better player than matt, but will has only entered singles once in the past while. do we really have enough information to place him above matt?

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
i agree with your list as a whole, erc, but i have a few points of concern:

why is roby over evanmeta? they have similar placings, but i really think evan has improved a whole bunch. i could see them taking either spot. i'd just like to know your reasoning.

i consider will to be a better player than matt, but will has only entered singles once in the past while. do we really have enough information to place him above matt?
Some fine points there Sion..

I put Robyextreme over Meta because the past two tournaments that he has been to he got 3rd at the last one (from what people told me..) .. and he got 4th in this one. I forget what happened on how he got 3rd, but I think others have results for that one? He beat Diakonos and Toph who almost beat you.. he out placed Meta at these tournaments.. When was the last tournament that Roby came to? I think Roby accomplished more to deserve 4th place.

Well Get@Will beat Diakonos in pools and is more consistent then Bwmat.. Everytime Bwmat plays against someone who thinks is better then him he falls apart and negatively thinks that "O I'm gonna lost to this guy now".. I know that doesn't have much to do with placing, but that's an example of why I think Get@Will is a more consistent player.. When was the last time he join singles before December 17th? and what has Bwmat done to deserve 10th place? They both placed the same in the most recent tournament.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
yeah I did get third cuz i remember when evan gave me $12.

evan is crazy good at doubles though, we should team again I'll be like a yakal team mate except its fox and has upsmash upair and shine.

Sion

Island of Horizon
the thing is you think will is a consistent player, but you can only base that off of the last tournament. i don't recall exactly when he last entered singles, but it was a while ago. if we're all in agreement, however, will is definitely good enough for 10th.

if it's not clear, eric's list looks fine. update is now green lit

Bwmat

Smash Ace
while I am quite negative, I think that's more caused by my inconsistency rather than the other way around.

imo

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
jason
i got a question
Jason Zimmerman
sup

Li Jia Xing
u know falcos nair
Jason Zimmerman
in what game melee?
its dumb lol

Li Jia Xing
yee
is there more shield stun on the first frame it comes out ?
Jason Zimmerman
well yeah the beginning few frames does 12 damage if it hits, and therefore more hit stun
duh
theres 2 parts
the beginning, and then the rest
beginning does more damage, which also means more hitstun should it hit your shield instead.
duh [=P]

Li Jia Xing
like some pple like to run around and nair but some dont actually nair on the first frame on ur shield

Jason Zimmerman
if you do
a SH nair
right away
i can shield grab it before u can land + shine
thats why they delay it
mixups

Li Jia Xing
oh wow
Jason Zimmerman
if they delay it i cant do anything but roll or spot dodge or keep shielding
unless i predict them delaying it
and WD OOS or aerial OOS
its a guessing game
(but falco has the advantage)
(so its an unbalanced guessing game)

Li Jia Xing
u can shield grab first frame shffle nair !!
Jason Zimmerman
if they do a rising nair
jump and nair right away

Li Jia Xing
yea

Jason Zimmerman
then fallllllllllll for a while
before landing
yeah its easy

Li Jia Xing
it looks hella fast

Jason Zimmerman
its not
lol
mango delays it cuz he doesnt wanna get shield grabbed

Li Jia Xing
what if they nair through ur shield?
Jason Zimmerman
if ur marth, u get shield stabbed
cuz marth has the WORST SHIELD EVER
if ur sheik or peach you're fine

Li Jia Xing
marths shield is huge though
lol
J
ason Zimmerman
oh you mean land behind you?

Li Jia Xing
yea

Jason Zimmerman
just bair OOS with marth, or dair OOS
or WD oos
one of those 3
it's a guessing game (and reacting)
falco has the advantage though, in terms of risk/reward and ease-of-doing-it
so its kind of gay, cuz falco is broken and gay
there are answers for everything though
it's just... not in your favor if the falco has equal knowledge to you

Li Jia Xing
**** ive been always nairing on first frame against pple.. dam like first frame u can nair on a short hop is when i do it

Jason Zimmerman
that's fine
as long as you...
drift backwards
out of shield grab range
otherwise they can just shield grab you

Li Jia Xing
oh man thats homo

Jason Zimmerman
yeah it's really broken
drifint backwards out of shield grab range
is top tier