• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Seriously we know Sion CAN **** and does but when it comes down to it, its not how flashy you do it but when its done.
Sion placed 3rd before this one and Ryan was 4th so what? So 4th is considers not so well? If this is true then shouldn't Roby be higher then Adam because Roby has placed above Adam the last 2 tourneys? (3rd recently [beat Manuel] and 5th at the one with Victoria [beat Ryan]) Sion has his strength and weaknesses. Strength = Can fight spacies really well. Weaknesses = Cannot fight much other then spacies. When I saw Sion play the Doc guy from Victoria he got *****. Not taking anything away from him he is a contender but right now I dont think so.
If being "Flashy" and all that is what makes the PR then Me Ryan Tony and Tiep should be like last place.
Tim is also the most inactive person around here (its not his fault) we all know he ***** and all but I think IMO that he should be dropped from the PR.

I think its really unfair how your rating things as "Player X has placed so good in this tourney and player Y has placed this bad" and then say "Player 1 is better then Player 2 because I think he is still good and CAN still be good." If your going to use one it would have to apply for both scenario or use both not one for this and other for that.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
The thing with Sion's playstyle is that no matter what he pulls off, it looks like ****. It's not like I've never seen Sion **** before.....

Consider Tony's Falcon vs Adam's Falcon. Tony can d-throw->victory against Adam, and Adam doesn't know what to do. He is essentially out of options for what he thinks is possible to do. That is also **** - it just doesn't present itself as such.
I know what you mean, but he actually got a lot better since last I played him. I know he always looks like he's ****, but now he is actually so good at ****** that it is actually good. You, John, and Tony weren't there last tournament, so you don't quite have the same advantage of having played and seen him play recently. Besides, if we're going off tournament performance, he got 3rd the tournament before last, and 2nd this past one. What can be said of Ryan? Didn't he lose to Robyextreme and myself the tournament before the last that he went to? I don't understand on what basis we are even considering Ryan above Sion. Please respond to this in particular, John/Tiep.

:) happy face all-round :)

edit://didn't see your post, John!

No, it's not a flashiness competition, and that's not what I've ever vouched for. I don't like to talk potential, because it's not practical. I have a feeling Sion could be 3rd or 4th soon, but I don't place him there. I stick with my "how has this person performed in tournament recently" approach. You'll recall that I placed Roby pretty highly on my list. I didn't know he got 5th at the one before-- maybe it's time to consider him higher then.

No one is here to play games, but we want to be methodical about our approach. I don't understand why we're having a problem with Sion/Ryan. If you want to discuss Adam/Roby/Tim, I'm all up for it. But truly, how can anyone take away from Sion's performance by implying that we only think he's **** because he's flashy? He beat Eric in tournament, can Ryan say that? He almost beat me, too. I like Ryan and think he's a very good smasher, but Sion has out-performed him, and that speaks to itself.

The funny thing is I don't think Sion would even mind being 6th. Problem is, I am convinced he deserves higher because the results speak for that. And, I'm pretty sure anyone who was there last tournament would agree with me.

Dynamism doesn't count, he's crazy

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Strength = Can fight spacies really well. Weaknesses = Cannot fight much other then spacies.

When I saw Sion play the Doc guy from Victoria he got *****.

Tim is also the most inactive person around here (its not his fault) we all know he ***** and all but I think IMO that he should be dropped from the PR.
That's what I said last time PR was 'discussed'
If it can be comboed the **** out of, Sion can. If it can't be comboed the **** out of, Sion can't. Still, most of BC is comboable LOL

That Doc guy is Crispy and is ACTUALLY from OKANAGAN!!!! btw woooop

Yeah, probably, OOSish. :\

but now he is actually so good at ****** that it is actually good.

maybe it's time to consider him higher then.

He beat Eric in tournament, can Ryan say that? He almost beat me, too. I like Ryan and think he's a very good smasher, but Sion has out-performed him, and that speaks to itself.

Dynamism doesn't count, he's crazy
I laughed at that first phrase.

You saw Ryan DESTROY Eric in crews at your place. Ryan did extremely well in doubles getting first that tournament as well. That was his last tournament. (just sayin :\ )

HAHAHAHAHA

Are you getting back to Burnaby anytime soon?
I will nag you for smash time as I'll be a resident in less than a week right by your old place. :)

PS: I think Sion is too good.
The problem I see is that BC is too good too. :\

Sion

Island of Horizon
manuel, i do thank you for fighting for a higher spot on my behalf, i really do, but if people really do contest it, i'm fine with being 6th as i've previously said and as you've stated.. just as long as this thing gets updated. just let me do my business at the may tournament so people can underestimate me haha
and i don't think i play so flashy that i'm supposed to be considered all tech skill and nothing else........

dynamism, i wouldn't be surprised if you nominated me off the pr. :laugh: honestly though, dair combos everyone. if i can combo a jigglypuff, don't even think that i can't combo floaties.

i heard tim probably won't make it to the may tournament, so i agree with john, unless he does make the may tournament.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Hell no I wouldn't vote you off! LMAO
You're too good.

I'm only looking at it as if BC has 8+ #1-5s LOL

Seriously, anyone in that top part could be 1-4 spots different in a month. I haven't said anything about you being good or bad, just pointing out what people miss.

EG: Ryan doing 'not as good' as an argument to why he could be lower than someone, I just point out the good things. When Manuel points out someone doing bad and someone doing good, I want him understand the other side too.

John saying you win against spacies but lose to other things is true. He's got both sides of that. As welll, you've done well recently, that's one of the main reasons why you could move up. Ryan doing bad, which he really hasn't, shouldn't really be a reason. That's like saying you having trouble against Peaches is a reason to move you down. It really shouldn't be.

Editt: I guess to be clearer... Ryan should be right behind Eirc/Manuel, but John should be right there too and there's no real reason for him not to be, and so should you by this time, and probably someone else sometimes maybe too I'd argue for. Saying 1 person should be and 1 person shouldn't is just hopeless. I didn't say Ryan should be there... I never once said you shouldn't either ;)

I haven't given a list or my thoughts on how good I think player vs player is.
All I said was Manuel and Tieps list both look good to me and Tiep had good reason to back his up. That's all.

You'd be high on mine, don't worry. LOL
<3

Again, the problem I see with BC is that 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 means NOTHING with the way this province SHOULD be 1-1-1-2-2-2-2-2-3-3-3-4-4-4-4-4-5-5-5 etc
Get my thang? hahaha

Edit edit edit: I didn't say it but I like Johns too LMAO

Edit edit: I'm pretty sure I actually haven't even contributed to 'discussion' other than pointing out things that I'm aware of that happened and the flaws in peoples perception in terms of things like activity and opinion...
As well, I shouldn't have a say in the PR, I'm from ****ing OKANAGAN LOL
I just post to make sure it keeps going and progresses. And other funness

I'm not for or against you, Sion <3

Edit: Yeah drop Tim.

He's going tree planting until July or so and by the sound of things he won't be making it out of Princeton for any significant amount of time (like weekends or anything). He said there's a chance he'll make it for at least the first day of May tourney but that's a just a chance, and aside from that... I'll have to talk to him to see what's up though. Don't take my word for it.

Okanagan (OOV) shouldn't be on PR imo... like really, despite how good anyone from the Island or Valley gets...
We should almost make our own... >_>

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Dynamism, that was a freebies 2am crew battle (one match) that Ryan did well. I don't doubt that Ryan is capable, he certainly is, but he hasn't beat Eric in tournament for a long long long time. In fact, that tournament you referred to, he lost to Robyextreme. As we well know, Sion beat Robyextreme. Ryan got first in doubles, and that's good.

As I said, YOU CRAZY. Ryan is good, but Sion has performed better recently-- I haven't heard anyone contest that convincingly. And since PR is supposed to gauge recent tournament performance, Sion deserves to be higher.

Now, if most people still want to argue that they have this gut feeling that Ryan somehow deserves to be higher, then I'll dismiss my own opinion and update it.

Sion, no johns.

unityole

Smash Lord
pr based on tournament performance is part fail to begin with. tournament is based on 1 day, people from time to time have bad days pretty sure thats happened to everyone. pr should be ranked based on how good you are at the game, not who you beat (ie, stages, tech skills, matchups, spacing, NOT mindgames, YES or NO for items)

so if pr should be based on how good smashers are at smash, all top 10 just need to play each other couple of games to find out. each player vs all 9 other PRers couple of times, result should be clear, rank by who has most wins, to least wins.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace

You'll recall that I placed Roby pretty highly on my list. I didn't know he got 5th at the one before-- maybe it's time to consider him higher then.
Pretty sure you put him at 9th and thats not "highly" at all. He has out placed Adam in so many tourneys now. And has beaten Ryan. So I dont see why he would be under Adam.

Like I said I do think Sion could be 4th right now but its just to soon to tell. He can't just **** in one and be auto higher. Everyone has their bad days like when I lost to Tiep and Ryan and you were saying how Sion beat Ryan that other tourney. Well Ryan ALSO beat Sion that SAME tourney in winners. If people agree Sion for 5th im all down for it as long as its the right call, but for now he is just on the boarder line.

I think Sion is better then me but placings and such just hasnt shown it yet. Honestly I think I play like ***.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Pretty sure you put him at 9th and thats not "highly" at all. He has out placed Adam in so many tourneys now. And has beaten Ryan. So I dont see why he would be under Adam.

Like I said I do think Sion could be 4th right now but its just to soon to tell. He can't just **** in one and be auto higher. Everyone has their bad days like when I lost to Tiep and Ryan and you were saying how Sion beat Ryan that other tourney. Well Ryan ALSO beat Sion that SAME tourney in winners. If people agree Sion for 5th im all down for it as long as its the right call, but for now he is just on the boarder line.

I think Sion is better then me but placings and such just hasnt shown it yet. Honestly I think I play like ***.
I'm amazing. That is why Manuel put me above Roby. Also, I didn't enter the last tournament just so you know. The only reason i stated that is because you mentioned in an earlier post that roby "outplaced" me at the most recent tournament, or something to that degree. Which, in this case, would be false because I never entered in the first place.

Also, Sion for 5th is not even up for discussion imo. He has played consistently well at the last few tournies and beaten too many good people not to be 5th.

EDIT: ...or 4th.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I think we're all to nerdy :laugh:

this thread is more about people unloading all their rage/ego/hate/johns more then a list compiled by peoples opinions. We all know I shouldn't be 9th place.... unless I'm secretly hated by everyone.

Pretty sure I ***** at every tourney since I semi-retired from dota several months ago =] (like the last 4-5 big tournneys?) I beat people ranked much higher then my "9th" or come down to close sets.

the only people I actually consider better then me are the usual top 3 and sion/john. If anyone has a problem with that you can MM me at the tournament.

Sion

Island of Horizon

this thread is more about people unloading all their rage/ego/hate/johns more then a list compiled by peoples opinions. We all know I shouldn't be 9th place.... unless I'm secretly hated by everyone.

Pretty sure I ***** at every tourney since I semi-retired from dota several months ago =] (like the last 4-5 big tournneys?) I beat people ranked much higher then my "9th" or come down to close sets.

the only people I actually consider better then me are the usual top 3 and sion/john. If anyone has a problem with that you can MM me at the tournament.
lmao roby bringing the heat

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I'm white too... and SO IS ERIC! But manuels spanish and he's still 2nd, so I think racism is out of the question. ;)
To bad you can't play your best at tournaments or you would be 4-6 rank easily. :(

Seriously adam, just before a tourmanet. Read all the BS people say about you on this thread, then bus to the event and **** everyone with a giant F*CK YOU t-shirt.

Works for me.

dieslow

Smash Ace
1. Tony
2. Manuel/Eric
3. Manuel/Eric
4. John/Ryan/Sion
5. John/Ryan/Sion
6. John/Ryan/Sion
7. Tiep/Roby
8. Tiep/Roby
9. Tim/Adam
10. Tim/Adam

lol. PR update after next tourney ?

Sion MM for 1st? ill give u 2:1 odds money wise.

sion and roby got a lot better, gl keeping ur spots guys

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I'm amazing. That is why Manuel put me above Roby. Also, I didn't enter the last tournament just so you know. The only reason i stated that is because you mentioned in an earlier post that roby "outplaced" me at the most recent tournament, or something to that degree. Which, in this case, would be false because I never entered in the first place.
Then why is it that YOU do not suffer the drop in rankings like Ryan and perhaps myself did? You went but you didnt enter its pretty much the same as us not going and not entering. Again like I said "I'm amazing" is the worst excuse as to why someone should be higher then another player. So basically you just stating exactly what was wrong and what I said previously.

So good job Adam.

I would also like to see a list from Roby/Sion if possible because I think their inputs should count towards something.

Diakonos

Smash Lord

Alrighty dude, well I'm very willing to reconsider. I didn't know he had done well at the previous tournament as well-- I said maybe we should put him higher. That sets him at 8th, right?

I don't have all too much rage or ego or hate or johns, friend. If I have a lapse in judgement, forgive me, but I certainly don't mean anything personal by it. =D
Well, people still underestimate me even though I've proved myself over so many events now.

cause i'm white ain't it? :mad:
We're finally getting back at you, hombre.
I'm white too... and SO IS ERIC! But manuels spanish and he's still 2nd, so I think racism is out of the question. ;)
:'( my marth is japanese, though
The time will come. Needs moar hyperbolic FOX chamber!
I actually lold
Then why is it that YOU do not suffer the drop in rankings like Ryan and perhaps myself did? You went but you didnt enter its pretty much the same as us not going and not entering. Again like I said "I'm amazing" is the worst excuse as to why someone should be higher then another player. So basically you just stating exactly what was wrong and what I said previously.

So good job Adam.

I would also like to see a list from Roby/Sion if possible because I think their inputs should count towards something.
He didn't suffer a drop in ranking? Well we haven't made any list yet, so no one has suffered anythiing! IMO top 4 are staying the same...

it's only that Sion was like "what?" and everyone below you dropped at least one because Falco got too good. My offer for someone to give a convincing argument that anyone below Sion has performed better than him in tournament recently is still up for grabs.

Adam is just being ********. Adam, if Roby has been doing better, then he should be up. Just cuz I know you can be really good won't affect your placing. The same is true for me and Sion. I know you have been doing pretty well when you enter, and in doubles you have done very well, and not only cuz you're with Eric.

1. Dieslow
2. Manuel
3. Eric
4. John
5. Sion
6. Ryan
7. Tiep
8. Roby
9. Adam
10. (Tim)
10. Evan

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

So good job Adam.

Yes John, REACT! REACT TO MY POSTS :D

PS: I'm amazing.

PPS: Pre-emptive kraken death stomp tornado mindgames aka my fox getting off.

EDIT: Manuel is my gay lover <3

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
"Then why is it that YOU do not suffer the drop in rankings like Ryan and perhaps myself did?"

I guess I'll TRY to be serious by adressing this...

I'm not even on the PR right now. How could I suffer a "drop" in ranking? o_o

Stevo

Smash Champion
PR is serious business
its too bad i didnt get to play more people in BC, I could have better imput.

Side Note:
John are you good at HoN? I only ask cause most of my friends who play suck lol.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I like women, exclusively.

Can I get a serious response to my last few posts and proposed list?

I could update it tonight if need be.

Stevo, it would be good to have an update before May 15th, because it'll help gauge the effect of big tournaments on how we play.

Besides, this thing is hella overdue, and it would be good to have a good ranking coming into the tournament, esp. for OOS smashers

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol. PR update after next tourney ?
gl keeping ur spots guys
lol hopefully not
I'll thank Tony for support on behalf of the PR people and send good luck from me as well guys. :)

Yes PLEASE to your avatar

it's only that Sion was like "what?"

Adam is just being ********.

in doubles you have done very well, and not only cuz you're with Eric.

1. Dieslow
2. Manuel
3. Eric
4. John
5. Sion
6. Ryan
7. Tiep
8. Roby
9. Adam
10. Evan
I lold at all 3

And isn't Yakal better than Evan? Or like...Will or something? I don't know why but I remember something about someone being better than Evan recently. Maybe it's that Evan is better than someone now, I can't remember.

I think your list is the most reasonable at this point in time.

There is inevitable disagreement or misplacement no matter WHAT list goes up, but given the most up-to-date events, if looking from an outside thing and seeing ONLY the last few months (or 2010 pretty much), this list is 'probably' the most 'unmisplaceable/disagreeable' of all of them.

That much is true and I think unless something BIG happens or is brought up, this 'should' be the most 'average' result of discussions and what would be drawn from this year alone (including everything from 2010 and not before or potential wise)

Except Evan, I don't know what the deal is but I guess that's why (?) was there LOL

The Roby/Tiep/Sion/Ryan thing will NOT BE SETTLED before May 15th...
Garaunteed.
Just live with it??? :\
Sorry Tiep/Roby/Ryan/Sion but someone has to just accept a 'smashboards written status drop thing' for a little while. This seriously won't have a conclusion. Too much **** in such imeasurable circumstances. LOL

Lol yes im really good and im on the same boat. Most of the people I play with aren't to great except for maybe 1 or 2 haha.
Do you still play dota?
Please play with me sometime in the next couple months(?) :embarrass

PS: I blocked a hockey shot with my wrist tonight and if ****ing HURTS!
Can barely type, let alone hold a controller. :\
Like serious welt, looks like tendon damage. :( :( :(
Should be ok, but not fun right now... :(

Bwmat

Smash Ace
evan IS better than evan.sion > meta

also yakal pretty much MIA, though he did come to the last tourney(and failed to enter it)

Patooty

Smash Ace
Manuel, I think the difference of opinion comes from the weight that you're giving Sion's victories. Yeah he got 3rd and 2nd, but what did he do specifically to get those placings (that are relevant to this discussion). He beat Ryan once and he beat Eric once (as far as I know.. correct me if I'm wrong.) And yes I AM implying that anyone else he beat is irrelevant unless they were above Ryan and Sion's argued placings.

Also, Tony I think it would be helpful to have a list without a bunch of people in the same spots....

Roby, I'll MM you..... I'm not being cocky... I might lose lol, but it'll be fun and then maybe I can give you some more credit where it's due.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Manuel, I think the difference of opinion comes from the weight that you're giving Sion's victories. Yeah he got 3rd and 2nd, but what did he do specifically to get those placings (that are relevant to this discussion). He beat Ryan once and he beat Eric once (as far as I know.. correct me if I'm wrong.) And yes I AM implying that anyone else he beat is irrelevant unless they were above Ryan and Sion's argued placings.

Also, Tony I think it would be helpful to have a list without a bunch of people in the same spots....

Roby, I'll MM you..... I'm not being cocky... I might lose lol, but it'll be fun and then maybe I can give you some more credit where it's due.
You're right, that's probably where the discrepancy lies. He almost took a set off me, too, in my favoured matchup. As I remember it, he has been doing very well in stats too. He beat Roby that tournament, too.

By the same analysis, let's consider Ryan. Who has he beat recently that would put him above Sion? He beat Sion himself a few tournaments ago. He lost to Roby, though. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Top Bottom