• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Glad to see the status quo questioned.

I like location because then newer players can see who the top players are that live in their area, and perhaps ask them to smash. Also, it's kinda nice to be able to rep your city.

A change-marker column is a good idea. In the past I've used arrows, but I found that they just don't look that nice... I prefer the +x or -x . What do you guys think? For a newcomer I could just write "new".
Good points. I guess location should stay on. It makes it look much more organized.

I personally think the +x or -x would be better than arrows. The arrows wouldn't tell how much the player went up/down by, whereas numbers will. Just my thoughts.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yooo, my *****s. We miss you guys. Being only like 3 hours apart, we def need to kickit more.

AFter pound we are gonna try again to get passports or extended drivers licenses so we can start coming back up to your spot.

I dont think as a group we will be able to make it to the 26th, and its right after pound so for those that are going may not being trying to travel.

but we have a tourney march 5th, if any of u dudes feel like you would wanna come kickit with WA you should try to come. I promise tho, we will come to canada soon. I heard extended drivers licenses are only like 35 bucks-50 bucks and if thats the case it will be the next thing I work on getting.

Violence

Smash Lord
Hey guys, just a small idea that I've been kicking around, and have wanted to implement back home in Norcal too...

If you guys like Swiss into bracket and it becomes a thing, because of the higher density of ranked players playing against ranked players, we can start an ELO system, where everyone has a numeric rating that fluctuates systematically per win and loss in a tournament, so that we can update rankings based on ratings which will reflect overall performance.

Sound interesting?

Geist

Smash Master
^ ELO is the same ranking system they use in competitive chess and stuff.
It's comparable to how credit works. A bit. Ish.

Top Bottom