• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #31: Captain Falcon

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Oh, ok then.

I still don't get the fact that Ally isn't on the list of good Falcon Secondaries, though.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I wouldn't be surprised if he did comment on it too, lol.

Anyway, just noticed something. If Willz went all Falcon, what would that matter for the ranking? It's North-America only.

EDIT: scratch that, there's an european rank too.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Ramzeh, try to chill out a bit with the truthful troll posts. Almost every active thread on here, you've posted something infraction worthy on a daily basis. Just try to keep it on the social threads rather than the discussion ones so people will stop complaining to me about it.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Ally isn't on the Falcon secondaries because the list is from tourney results and Ally rarely uses Falcon outside of low tiers. Don't remember him using Falcon in tourney since that Canada tourney a long time ago that he won.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Ally isn't on the Falcon secondaries because the list is from tourney results and Ally rarely uses Falcon outside of low tiers. Don't remember him using Falcon in tourney since that Canada tourney a long time ago that he won.
IL Winthrop Harbor tourney IIRC as well. Again that's only two, I'd like to see him use Falcon more myself.

He sometimes goes Falcon on Wario, lately he's been using a ton of MK so IDK if we'll see that happen again.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Ally has used Falcon quite a lot in legit non-low tier tournaments. But he only uses it when he's extremely ahead or it's a set he feels that he can demolish with Snake, IIRC. If he loses, he usually switches immediately. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLHG96Lr2fI&fmt=18

That was somewhat of a joke match, but he did use Falcon in the set.
[And lost, but still impressive.]

He does use Falcon against Warios too, like Helmet said. There's tons on Youtube of him doing tournament matches against Warios.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
I love how he somehow manages to dodge the Dsmash at 0:20 using an Usmash lol.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Ramzeh, try to chill out a bit with the truthful troll posts. Almost every active thread on here, you've posted something infraction worthy on a daily basis. Just try to keep it on the social threads rather than the discussion ones so people will stop complaining to me about it.
People complain about that?

looooool

I'm not sure why they have me in the falcon main category. I primarily use Snake. I think this list is pretty bad on the whole. I only use CF in tourney in a few MUs that I hate playing as Snake or that are more fun to play as CF.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
People complain about that?

looooool
Unfortunately.

Which unless you guys would prefer another dictator moderator looking over the board, I've got to give warnings at least. Doesn't really bother me since we all know Ramzeh is Ramzeh, but I'd rather it not come down to people saying I'm not doing my job. Since someone's already complained about the posts, yeah... lol

I think I'll just give people warnings and tell them to edit their posts. Then if it becomes a problem, then I might have to start giving infractions. Stupidity is what makes the Falcon board... well, the Falcon board though.

Just try to keep it in the social thread, guys.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz on faaggot ramz account

I wouldn't be surprised if he did comment on it too, lol.

Anyway, just noticed something. If Willz went all Falcon, what would that matter for the ranking? It's North-America only.

EDIT: scratch that, there's an european rank too.
I am all Falcon now. Also where's this European rank?
Willz is UK...
No ****ing **** sherlock.
Willz sucks, UK is horrible.
Ramzeh sucks, Dutchies are ******s.
Ramzeh, try to chill out a bit with the truthful troll posts.
Anyone that still thinks the UK sucks is incredibly deluded and is still living in 2009 when we did suck.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

What has the UK done to deserve the bad treatment? lol
people started hating on the UK after our top players went to a Euro tourney in France last year, and our top2 players at the time got 33rd. Pretty meh... but then this year they went to a tourney and Calzorz got 7th and Kasper got 13th, but are both the best users of their characters (Snake and Falco) in Europe.
Fish 'n chipz
son you're deluded I had some earlier... so nice :awesome:

Zeallyx

Well i'm fat guys...hate to admit it haha......jk

But you guys and gals have easier access to fish and chips.

McDonalds is still trying to make me shove their greasy burgers down my throat.

This Captain Falcon main cooks his own food o.O
Everything with more than 21,1 grams of sugar in it, is for fat people.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

i used to be fat and i barely ate much, now i eat a lot more like mcdonalds nearly eryday and i'm mostly muscle/and a lot slimmer than i used to be. u guys should pump dat iron moar + EAT FISH N CHIPZZZZZZZ

Zeallyx

Willz Says:

i used to be fat and i barely ate much, now i eat a lot more like mcdonalds nearly eryday and i'm mostly muscle/and a lot slimmer than i used to be. u guys should pump dat iron moar + EAT FISH N CHIPZZZZZZZ
Fail.

good 4 u though

Player-3

Smash Hero
knee i had fish n chipz once while i was in europe i think that's excusable

also chugged like 50mL of german draft in one gulp and holy ****

i'm not used to it that strong my eyes were so bloodshot LOL

Zeallyx

knee i had fish n chipz once while i was in europe i think that's excusable

also chugged like 50mL of german draft in one gulp and holy ****

i'm not used to it that strong my eyes were so bloodshot LOL
lol, yeah thats ok, offc.

Also, win, lol

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
We should implement Fish n Chips into our metagame. I just gotta figure out how...
Buy Fish and chips before a game with tough opponent aka Metaknight.

While playing, place such Fish n Chips on your lap during the game.

Have someone place a fan right next to you and set it on medium.

The fumes slowly make your opponent want fish n chips, and eventually the smell of freshly, perfectly fish and chips will make him disqualify himself or sandbag on purpose thus making you the winner? Sound Far fetched? Sounds Captain Falcon approved.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Lemme ask all of you Captain Falcon mains a question.

We all love playing the manliest man in Brawl....he can stand up to most of the cast of characters and can be a threat.

Have you ever sometimes get frustrated over his weaknesses that you wanna main another character? Someone asked me that. Now I'm asking you.

BTW he was a CF main, now he mains MK.

Irony >.>

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
he can stand up to most of the cast of characters and can be a threat.
I thought we got owned by most of the cast.

Have you ever sometimes get frustrated over his weaknesses that you wanna main another character?
Nope. Then again I actually main TL.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
If you can't figure out how to get around a character with Falcon, then you should pick up a secondary. I mean, I main Falcon, ZSS and Wario equally. It's never once crossed my mind of dropping Falcon completely for that reason though.

I almost always use Falcon first in a set unless I know who the person uses and know that their character or playstyle is going to practically shut me down.

That's when I go ZSS or Wario and **** their ****, #O^$^.

The way I see it, maining a character doesn't mean that they're your best. If that was the case, everyone should main Meta Knight.

Player-3

Smash Hero
not true darky i know people that literally have trash mks because they can't deal with his playstyle (besides dair camping... but even then they can't stand up to someone who knows how to get around dair camping LOL)

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
My CF is better than my MK.

I used MK once, hated it, and never tried it again.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
My CF is also better than my MK, but only because I don't practice with MK as much as I should.

I know I could get better if I wanted to but... I feel like I'm cheating when I'm using MK :/ call me an idiot but that's what I feel lol

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
My CF is also better than my MK, but only because I don't practice with MK as much as I should.

I know I could get better if I wanted to but... I feel like I'm cheating when I'm using MK :/ call me an idiot but that's what I feel lol
Well that's how I see it sometimes. Like MK just has too many options and I think that it's not worth my honor just to win tournaments that way.

My CF is awesome, but my secondaries include Snake and ROB.
Most of the time I just play Snake, depending on the counterpick.

Top Bottom