• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #31: Captain Falcon

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I get frustrated when playing my friends Ike. I love playing grounded falcon and that's just something you can't do to Ike. He out jabs me and spot dodges everything I do, that pisses me off so much. I have thought about changing at times, but I realize later that I'm just doing stupid ****. I get in an auto-pilot mode against him, and that kills me.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I get frustrated when playing my friends Ike. I love playing grounded falcon and that's just something you can't do to Ike. He out jabs me and spot dodges everything I do, that pisses me off so much. I have thought about changing at times, but I realize later that I'm just doing stupid ****. I get in an auto-pilot mode against him, and that kills me.
Ike can be a pain, but as much of a pain as MK, Falco or Marth.

Dude where have you been PsychoAce? You must be hella busy.....

Psychoace

Smash Champion
MK is actually fairly easy for me. But yeah theoretically I see what you mean.

Yeah college is keeping me busy, 2-8 everyday drains me pretty rough. I'm talking to a friend and we might come to the next phaze, we'll definitely be at MLG though.

DarkRaptor

Smash Cadet
Late response.

I've mained Falcon for years now, and I've never thought about replacing him with another character. I've thought about picking up a secondary though, which is why I sometimes use Snake and Luigi. Ganondorf is also my secondary, but I only use him for fun. If I use him on serious matches, I'd get annihilated.

PZ

Smash Lord
Same with falcon.
Not really with cf but i got to admit cf is only as good as his rep. Not much rep for ganon in america but japan luvs the king of evil apparently.

I myself find cf quite managable in almost every mu except olimar. (not really scared of marth and I play around with mk cuz he cant kill lol while all I need is to dash and shield grab or dash oos easy damage with usmash/nair/ or fall off stage uair)

Yea dair camping shuts down some characters but cf doesnt look like it if we can uair oos well considering speed and hitbox. Living to 180 so nothing new there but man ever since I stopped rolling dsmash hardly ever kills.:awesome:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Not really with cf but i got to admit cf is only as good as his rep. Not much rep for ganon in america but japan luvs the king of evil apparently.

I myself find cf quite managable in almost every mu except olimar. (not really scared of marth and I play around with mk cuz he cant kill lol while all I need is to dash and shield grab or dash oos easy damage with usmash/nair/ or fall off stage uair)

Yea dair camping shuts down some characters but cf doesnt look like it if we can uair oos well considering speed and hitbox. Living to 180 so nothing new there but man ever since I stopped rolling dsmash hardly ever kills.:awesome:
You are wrong.

PZ

Smash Lord
pz come to a ga tourny some time man

also wtf @ america having no ganon rep?

DLA, Verm
Never actually seen verm... but japan has more i bet.

Also I dont see that possible without a license considering me being in the south of ga no1 would take me either.

Im just a chicken when it comes to driving. I just dont want to learn cuz im afraid I just made the streets of ga a more dangerous place lol(im scared of a highly possible car accident and I tend to be very forgetful<.<)

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
But theres literally no1 down here...:urg:

If I was any more south I be better going to a FL tourney...
Good thing in Texas we get plenty of tournaments and Smashfests so we'll never get rusty anytime soon.

I've mained CF since Brawl 64 and melee so I've been a CF main for years as well.
It's just sometimes I get annoyed when playing 3/4ths of the cast..especially like Yoshi or MK.
Yoshi has good players in Texas. We have Poltergust and his evil spawn of Yoshi bred killers haha....

Using Rob and Snake .....CF if I know the MU well and the counterpick is worth it.

PZ

Smash Lord
Good thing in Texas we get plenty of tournaments and Smashfests so we'll never get rusty anytime soon.

I've mained CF since Brawl 64 and melee so I've been a CF main for years as well.
It's just sometimes I get annoyed when playing 3/4ths of the cast..especially like Yoshi or MK.
Yoshi has good players in Texas. We have Poltergust and his evil spawn of Yoshi bred killers haha....

Using Rob and Snake .....CF if I know the MU well and the counterpick is worth it.
Lol polt2good

Top Bottom