• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bay Area Smash: Let's get some regular smashfests going

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Anyone who's trying to go to the socal tourney this weekend should let me know in the next day. We're trying to see if there are enough people to warrant 2 cars. Otherwise I think my car lineup is: Me, SFAT, Julian, Darrell, Dajuan.
I think Alan wanted to go too.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Does anyone know where I could go about buying a new GC controller? Preferably a white one, but any color will do as long as the price is reasonable.

Walt

Smash Ace
$25 on nintendos website I think. Only comes in silver. And don't the white ones have some weird thing with the control stick?

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i got my white one online from play-asia for ~$25 including shipping. standard shipping was like 2+ weeks or something lol, so you would prob want express shipping (was 3-5 days i believe)

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who's trying to go to the socal tourney this weekend should let me know in the next day. We're trying to see if there are enough people to warrant 2 cars. Otherwise I think my car lineup is: Me, SFAT, Julian, Darrell, Dajuan.
I think Alan wanted to go too.
How much would the whole trip cost(tourney, gas, housing)? I'd be interested depending on the cost.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Gas will depend on how many people go. My car is presently full but if we get 8 people to do 2 cars, assume 20mpg, $4/gal, 1000 mile trip, then gas would be $50/person. The tournament itself is $20 for singles, $30 per team, and I think we could probably get free housing somewhere. There's also the cost of food above what your normal food costs are.

If you and Alan want to go, then it's only a matter of finding 1 more person and convincing either Darrell or Dajuan (or Peter?) to drive.

By the way, the last day to pre-reg is probably tomorrow, so (this goes for everyone) figure your plans out soon!

Miharu

Smash Hero
i got my white one online from play-asia for ~$25 including shipping. standard shipping was like 2+ weeks or something lol, so you would prob want express shipping (was 3-5 days i believe)
Ah right, play-asia was the site I was looking for, couldn't quite remember it, thanks.

nehinbin

Smash Apprentice
SJSU and San Jose smashers, who wants to play on Thursday? I'm free after 4:15; Andy can't play so not at his place. I can host at my San Jose house (22nd and William) but it's a bit far from campus. I know HydroChris is down so just two more to play teams. Text or PM me.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
sorry, just now saw this. i live in downtown san jose, near sjsu. let me know if you want to play sometime this week, my schedule is pretty open in the evenings

verge

Smash Apprentice
I'll likely be heading to the CS club to work on some stuff soon. I can bring my gamecube if you want to play there for a bit.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Hey Norcal. For everyone not going to ROM, SB is holding a tournament on the 19th of November. We're pretty much in the middle of Norcal and Socal so I believe there's some great potential for a hyped tournament. SB is getting pretty big right now and with the normal crew from SLO the tourney should already have a good 25+ guaranteed.

Check it out at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312980

Walt

Smash Ace
There is a small meleefest going on at my house today. Bob$, Azusa, Miguel/Digitalism, and RobFAT(Rob who looks like SFAT) are showing up. If you are interested give me a call 925-852-7095. In Concord just so you guys know.

Top Bottom