• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Frontier - PokeCenter Power Rankings

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well I lost 2-0

I blame my grandparents for calling me nonstop to call them to their relatives in Nicaragua while battling Tery :glare:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, but I blame mostly the first reason though

Even though I was busy with you they wouldn't stop bothering me to get the ****ing phone and call some people (which is the reason why I didn't spore in the first place against whoever the **** it was that you were saying I shoulda done btw Ulti) I've only ever seen once in my life :/

And to those who know, you already know my sentiments about Nicaraguans :/

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You would have used Spore on my +4 Zuruzukin, meaning Shed Skin could have easily activated in time for me to stall you out with Rest and Shed Skin.

But I digress. Those were close games regardless.

I think I'll take a break from challenging for a while.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Lost to kirbyraeg, 2-1. Those were some good games. :D

I ****ing love ScarfLoom. It's the only lead I've ever used that seems to be able to last until late-game. And I swear it does it all the ****ing time.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
This may have been asked before, but is there any chance that the rankings will be weighted at all? I'm guessing no due to the increased time and effort that it would require, but I was just curious.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
This may have been asked before, but is there any chance that the rankings will be weighted at all? I'm guessing no due to the increased time and effort that it would require, but I was just curious.
Explain to me how rankings would be weighted?

I have no idea how that would change the rankings, unless the scenario is similar to that of weighted vs. unweighted GPA.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You get more "points" for beating someone ranked higher than you.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
What Wave said, basically.

I was just thinking of it because I realized that if someone really wanted to, they could just sit there and play, say, Tery and Fuelbi (sorry guys, I just know you both proclaim to be really bad battlers a lot, so you're the examples) a lot and sit higher on the rankings than some others who were facing players that tend to be much better. It would also maybe give us a way of panning out ties, if it were needed.

I do realize it's not entirely needed though, as someone who does that could easily be taken on by someone who's good and get their ranking knocked down a notch or two, but it still might help some.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I actually thought you meant more of a partial weighting as in "Games Won/Games Lost/Win Ratio" kind of thing, where a 2-1 loss would count less against you than a 2-0 loss.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I actually thought you meant more of a partial weighting as in "Games Won/Games Lost/Win Ratio" kind of thing, where a 2-1 loss would count less against you than a 2-0 loss.
That was what I was thinking.

Also Circa, anyone who gets a flawless record by playing me for an infinite amount of times will obviously have to post here everytime they challenge me, and that said, everyone would just realize they're just a ****** and ignore it or whoop them in response, haha. There shouldn't be anybody that low in the Power Rankings.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I say there should be a waiting time of at least 1 week between challenging the same person again :V

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Rule that you can't challenge the same person twice in a row?
I say there should be a waiting time of at least 1 week between challenging the same person again :V
Actually, I think I'll incorporate both of those ideas together.

Edit - That's not even possible. I'll stick with not being able to challenge the same person until two more separate challenges have been completed.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
too bad this is gen V.

Is this supposed to be similar to a ladder? or am i misunderstanding how this works?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I hadn't thought of that actually, although I do completely agree with it.

My idea came mainly from how I'm pretty sure power rankings in regions works (I mean as far as I know that's about how it works...). Your placing in the power rankings is judged not only by how you typically place, but who you managed to beat and how consistent you are at beating these people.

That's a great idea too though. I fully support that. Heck, I don't even know why it hasn't been used up until now.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I challenge UltiMario. Dream World, Pokemon Online or Shoddy. I can do it anytime tonight, just tell me which program and server.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Why does it say that I'm in a challenge but TRG isn't? Did somebody else challenge me?

Oh, and TRG I'll be available after 3 PM on Saturday.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It looks like Deathfox just barely squeezed in the time frame before my challenges were stopped due to my leave D:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Why do I always beat up everyone good then lose to some of the worst people I swear.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
maybe Deathfox is good.

Speaking of that, wanna play for fun? Considering you're new here, it doesn't need to be a challenge (plus i'm already challenging Chibo right now) :)

edit: I'm on /tr/ as Alice Margatroid

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for blatantly implying I'm bad...

Sure, Kirby. :] Send me a message on /tr/ockety. Tery, I'll challenge you next. If you're already challenge I apologize. Can I reserve a challenge?

Edit: Name is Otonashi, btw.

Top Bottom