• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Frontier - PokeCenter Power Rankings

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Tery put a banlist in the first post.

He probably should put it in quotes to make it more obvious.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Smogon is just a big group of *****************************, that's why we don't need to turn ourselves into a mini-smogon like every other competitive pokemon site ever. Yes, they are relevant. Yes, they have competitive experience, much more than any other community. Does that mean we should let them standardize our metagame like they have done for the first four generations? It's worth arguing, but it doesn't necessarily need to be that way simply for its own sake.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Tery put a banlist in the first post.

He probably should put it in quotes to make it more obvious.
**looks at OP**
Uhh, no he didn't.

Smogon is just a big group of *****************************, that's why we don't need to turn ourselves into a mini-smogon like every other competitive pokemon site ever. Yes, they are relevant. Yes, they have competitive experience, much more than any other community. Does that mean we should let them standardize our metagame like they have done for the first four generations? It's worth arguing, but it doesn't necessarily need to be that way simply for its own sake.
I'm less concerned about the actual content of this post and more concerned about how you were able to come up with a 23 letter word that gets censored.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Sorry about that, I accidentally removed the banlist from the OP while writing in another point. I'm on it.

Mood4Food, you're Terybad at contacting me. Our match is over.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
**looks at OP**
Uhh, no he didn't.

I'm less concerned about the actual content of this post and more concerned about how you were able to come up with a 23 letter word that gets censored.
There isn't. I just let your mind try to come up with what possibly might fit into 23 asterisks. And it totally isn't multiple words typed one after the other, that would just be boring.

edit: actually there is a legit 21-letter "word" that is autocensored in urls, for good reason.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
edit: actually there is a legit 21-letter "word" that is autocensored in urls, for good reason.
Does it start with Encyclopedia and end with Dramatica?

Also, can we stop complain about tiers in this thread now?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Here's the thing though, in terms of leading the competitive play they're kind of the legit driving force behind everything. At least they put in the work to determine the ban lists, clauses, rules, etc.

Here's the situation as it is. We're in a completely new meta game now. We're not just in the pokemon we were in 5 months ago, we're in pokemon 5th gen happening now. This site (well, Tery for this thread) is using terms such as standard clauses (uhhhh what is standard clauses? some servers are allowing ohko and evasion moves now for testing), and making a ban list without any real explanation or testing. what was banned before could be ok now.

It's just another set of rules among the handfulls of sites and servers making their own rules. Also the fact that some challenges can be DW and some can not while ranking all the players the same makes no sense since it's not the same game we're playing. We need to work towards a standard, because I sure don't feel like building 5 teams and adapting to a different metagame every challenge i play. It's like I need to have my smogon team, my swf team, my PO team, my serebii team, and perhaps even DW variants of all of them!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
So Ulti I'll kinda just be on throughout the afternoon, if you see me just challenge me.

Same goes for anybody else who wants to play me today.

edit: i'm on /tr/ in case anybody feels like it, since i have to do ulti's challenge on there (right?)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I also have a record win streak.

Never in the history of this thread has someone had a 3-win win streak!

...however much that means.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Again?

...Wait its been like a week...

Welp I better start working on having multiple functioning teams now.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I beat Tery 2-1.

I'm kind of amazed, considering he critted me like seven times.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I beat Tery 2-1.

I'm kind of amazed, considering he critted me like seven times.
Except six of them didn't even matter. Even in the first match where Nattorei critted your Ditto. Suppose you took regular damage. By the time Iron Barbs got to you, physically defensive Zapdos switches in and Heat Waves you into oblivion.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I want to challenge all the people who are definitely better than me or at a similar skill level so I can look at my losing streak with pride.

Let's see...

Art
Gates
Chibo
Circa

I think I'll start with challenging Circa, full Dream World (since they really should allow full use of DW abilities regardless of their current state of release).

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I want to challenge all the people who are definitely better than me or at a similar skill level so I can look at my losing streak with pride.

Let's see...

Art
Gates
Chibo
Circa

I think I'll start with challenging Circa, full Dream World (since they really should allow full use of DW abilities regardless of their current state of release).
You have a one game losing streak. ._.
I'll update the OP regardless. I also would like to replay Fuelbi in full Dream World. Name the time and I should be good to go.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, you get a loss for not telling anyone you were going to be 300 miles away from your computer before you left.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

Let's see...

Art
Gates
Chibo
Circa

I'm no excellent person. Just putting that out there.

But I'll be available after 6 tonight I think, and most of tomorrow. Don't expect to continue that losing streak though. I seriously feel like I've been hit by a truck.

ss118

Smash Master
I just wanted to say that I told ceasetick that I would be in disney world, though I did not post that specifically on this thread.

Me and him will do our match asap. sorry for the wait.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I'm no excellent person. Just putting that out there.

But I'll be available after 6 tonight I think, and most of tomorrow. Don't expect to continue that losing streak though. I seriously feel like I've been hit by a truck.
We can postpone if you don't feel like playing, lol.

It's not a big deal :)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
We can postpone if you don't feel like playing, lol.

It's not a big deal :)
Nahhh, it was nothing like that. I just woke up feeling ****ty. I was definitely up for some Pokemons though.

So game still on, whenever you want.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh BTW, if anyone challenges me it must be by midnight tonight EST.

I ban all challenges to me after that time until further notice (probably 5 days unless something happens) due to being in NYC for the time being.

Top Bottom