• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle for the Ice Empire

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Battle for the Ice Empire

Saturday, March 12th, 2011
135 boulevard Deguire
Ville St-Laurent, Québec

Events

Brawl Singles
Brawl Mid Tier

Prices
Venue Fee: $5
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Mid Tier: $10​

Payout

1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

BRAWL RULE SET

3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
35 Ledge grab rule (only on mk)

* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

* Any suicide moves that end the match by a tie will follow with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same character, same stage rematch. Otherwise the winner of the match is the one who appears on the screen.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

*IDC ( infinite dimension cape) is banned

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

* Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

Neutral Stages: Each player can strike a stages until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Castle Siege
* Delfino
* Halberd

Stages for Counter pick:
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
*Jungle Japes
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Norfair
* Pictochat

Banned Stages:
*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set from the neutral/or counter pick group

Counter pick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.
• Excessive stalling tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

Brawl Mid Tier​

The rules will be exactly the same as the single

Characters available for this event are:

C: Toon Link, Kirby, Fox, R.O.B., Pit, Peach, Donkey Kong
D: Luigi, Wolf, (Zelda/Sheik), Sonic, Ike, Sheik, Ness, Pokémon Trainer
E: Yoshi, Lucas, Mario, Bowser
F: Captain Falcon, Samus, Jigglypuff, Link, Zelda
G: Ganondorf

I would like people help me bringing wiis,tv and any other stuffs we will need!

ATTENDANCE LIST

Kage
Techiyo
Tarextherex
Stroumbert
KingKong
Holynightmare
Swordgard
Googs
Guard
Mprime
Mr L.
Patches
Fishy
Mar1
Sphynnxy
Samuel
Mathieu
Sheep
Hells ?
Sam the Latino
Darkshadow
Vis-K
Remorse
Nostalgic
Tim ?
Victor

*Thanks to Gichan and copy paste that helped me a lot

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Venue Rules

As everyone one knows, the venue is actually my appartment. I would like people to respect all of the following rules. I reserve the right to DQ any one of the tourney and kick him out of my appartment if the rules are not respected.

-Respect everyone, it includes people who is not attending the tourney.

-People has to use the garbage bag/thrash can. I am the one who cleans everything after the tourney. Please help me.

-My roomate, her friends and I are not responsable of any steal, break or lost stuffs. Keep an eye to your stuffs.

-Bring your own food/drink. If you want to take something in my fridge, ask my roomate or me first. But dont expect us to answer yes often. We cannot feed 20+ people.

-Maybe more later...

Suggestions

I would like to have your comment about some suggestions I can offer to you.

*I would like to try different side events during tourneys. If we have one that we prefer. I might stay with it.

*I can buy soda cans, chips, chocolate bars, etc... and sell them at the venue. (reasonable price dont worry)

* If you have any suggestions, please go ahead

Stroumbert

Smash Apprentice
-Bring your own food/drink. If you want to take something in my fridge, ask my roomate or me first. But dont expect us to answer yes often. We cannot feed 20+ people.
People should do like me and go for the obvious option: chewy bars! Delicious stuff (even the expired ones).

*I would like to try different side events during tourneys. If we have one that we prefer. I might stay with it.
Low tiers. Seriously, we haven't had any of those in like a year! I miss those side-events. :(

Edit: Also, I'll most definitely be there, and mid tiers sound fun.

Gichan

Smash Champion
aarrrgghh, this is right after my tournament which will most likely make me uber broke. But I'll try for sure!

I love how French bad words aren't censored lol

I'll see if I can hype the rest of GTA for this. Maybe the winners of OPC should go, damn Holy has to take 1st though...**** lol.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
aarrrgghh, this is right after my tournament which will most likely make me uber broke. But I'll try for sure!

I love how French bad words aren't censored lol

I'll see if I can hype the rest of GTA for this. Maybe the winners of OPC should go, damn Holy has to take 1st though...**** lol.
Hey, no one from GTA is going to VC9 HAHA fail.

Toi tes de la marde pour pas venir ici. =P

Edit: Stroumbert, y faut jouer encore, je dois te battre ce coup la! lol.
Mange dla marde comme food, Warrior ;P

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
I'll try and be here for this. I'm hoping I can get a ride there

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I was wondering if this could be pushed back to something like March 5th, Buenob told me he's hosting a tournament on the 26th February and this tournament would collide with it. Swordgard also won't be there and there might be a full car going to Ottawa, which would greatly hurt the attendance. Another decent date would be the 12th February but that might be too early(In 2 weeks). So I suggest the date gets changed to 5 March which would be after Gi's tournament/Pound 5 and Buenob's tournament, this would also give you more time to prepare things Kkong and Swordgard would likely be able to attend as well as more people.

P.S
Does anyone want to play this Friday/Saturday? Guard, Me, Mar1 and Darkshadow were interested into a smashfest, so I was wondering if someone else wanted to join in.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I was wondering if this could be pushed back to something like the 5 March, Buenob told me he's hosting a tournament on the 26th February and this tournament would collide with it. Swordgard also won't be there and there might be a full car going to Ottawa, which would greatly hurt the attendance. Another decent date would be the 12th February but that might be too early(In 2 weeks). So I suggest the date gets changed to 5 March which would be after Gi's tournament/Pound 5 and Buenob's tournament, this would also give you more time to prepare and Swordgard would likely be able to attend as well as more people.

P.S
Does anyone want to play this Friday/Saturday? Guard, Me, Mar1 and Darkshadow were interested into a smashfest, so I was wondering if someone else wanted to join in.
I could possibly play on friday?

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
I was wondering if this could be pushed back to something like March 5th, Buenob told me he's hosting a tournament on the 26th February and this tournament would collide with it. Swordgard also won't be there and there might be a full car going to Ottawa, which would greatly hurt the attendance. Another decent date would be the 12th February but that might be too early(In 2 weeks). So I suggest the date gets changed to 5 March which would be after Gi's tournament/Pound 5 and Buenob's tournament, this would also give you more time to prepare things Kkong and Swordgard would likely be able to attend as well as more people.

P.S
Can't you make the smashfest on sunday?

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
saturday or sunday would be best for me too... b ut whatever, even if it's on friday, I will probably be there.....but VERY late.

perhaps one of those "sleep over if you want" would be awesome. lol My house is full...(as ussual) and it's my aunts birthday on Friday. So I can't host a smashfest myself........not that I ussually do....lol

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Not sure I'll attend yet, the week before this tourney is going to be pretty stressful gaming-wise for me, might wanna just take it easy that week-end.

There's a question that's really itching me, though; why is there a venue fee when the tourneys are at your apartment? Are we helping you pay for your rent? :p

swordgard

Smash Hero
The date is way too op, need a nerf. Hotfix it to 4 March plz cause I can't mandrop on that date due to buenob's tourney being on the same lane. :(
QQ to Kkong moar. Elementz assured me that date was mid tier at best, you just don't know how to counter properly. Learn to schedule properly and stop getting tourney ganked by getting decent calendar awareness.

edit: BRs raging on the forums managed to get the date nerfed for no reason. QQers really ruin the game for high ELO players.

Top Bottom