• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Arena Melbourne 7 - May 22-24 2015 - Rego Closes May 17th, no exceptions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meredy

The Busterina
Redoing my votes.

1. Wife
2. Chillin
3. Mango
4. Lucky
5. HMW
6. HugS
7. Axe
8. D1
9. Zhu
10. Leffen
11. PPU
12. Hax

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
1. Mang0
2. Wife
3. Hax
4. D1
5. Lucky
6. Zhu
7. Chillin
8. Axe
9. HMW
10. PPU
11. Hugs
12. Leffen

edit: ugh double post someone delete plz

Last edited:

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
redact best thing to happen to melbourne smash y/n?
Y obvs, <3
Always need TO's that have patience and can still manage to enjoy the game(s) at the same time (that's where I failed horribly, not nearly enough patience).

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Received a bunch of donations over the weekend, shout outs to all those who did!

Updated OP with current donations, Already have $450 and I have now also confirmed the $150 club for exclusive meets again!

As for team mates, I'm thinking of rather than try to entice any sort of bidding war with top donators, could make it a clean $200 or $250 to team with an international in the game of choice, first come first serve?

Thoughts?

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
Up until voting closes, I'll pledge $200 per fortnight (at least) for the current options, after the voting is done, I'll be donating towards specific people based on whatever I originally said (I'll have to go back and check what I told you Phil as I've forgotten).

So, yer, in other words I'll make a pledge of $600 (at least) towards the donations before voting closes then (probably) donate a lot more depending on what players are appealing to me, but may not have made it. <3

Pretty sure I'm throwing votes at the people making an effort.
Also I couldn't agree with that more, so I'm probably due to change my votes again (didn't expect the vids and such to show up) right before voting closes as long as that's ok Reddy. <3

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I've changed my own votes so many times cause of these vids, so hard to choose I just want like everyone here rofl.

Anyone can change their votes at any time, just edit your original post rather than post a new list please, much easier when it gets compiled :)

or you can edit your original post to have nothing in it really, then make a new post with a list, whatever floats your boat.

I just don't want to accidentally double count anyone's list or something lol

Last edited:

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
1. S2J!!!!
2. Zhu
3. Axe
4. Lucky
5. Mango
6. PPU
7. Wife
8. Hax
9. Chillin
10. HMW
12. Leffen
13. Alex19
14. D1
15. Hugs
16. M2K

Updated vote with s2j glory.

I'll donate soon enough

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I've changed my own votes so many times cause of these vids, so hard to choose I just want like everyone here rofl.

Anyone can change their votes at any time, just edit your original post rather than post a new list please, much easier when it gets compiled :)

or you can edit your original post to have nothing in it really, then make a new post with a list, whatever floats your boat.

I guess just let people do what they want, and then when the deadline hits, THEN you go through the thread and count everything up, or get someone else to do it for you (I got plenty of free time)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I guess just let people do what they want, and then when the deadline hits, THEN you go through the thread and count everything up, or get someone else to do it for you (I got plenty of free time)
That's the plan, one final recount on the 27th after the deadline

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice

Aight, I'll delete the second one I made and just edit the first one when I've finally made my mind up (I dunno, maybe just don't count mine until right near the end because I'm.....pretty mentally indecisive).
Anyways, got the memo, I'll remove the second set of votes I made and go back on the first (and probs tell you on FB, most of that message I sent you, you can ignore btw, just not the bit about the uh....other bit). <3

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Ok finally back from ZEAL so I can sit down and sort out my thoughts and also explain the armada situation.

The reason why Armada is not on the list and also why Armada is already confirmed is because I am singlehandedly talking to Alliance myself to get him down here. This means that Armada is done by myself and is separate from Redacts donation drive, I did this so that I can get Redact to worry about other internationals and so I could do something for the community.

Alliance is kind enough to work with me on the logistics of getting armada down but if it comes down to it, I can get armada down here on my own, using my own expenses, so he is nevertheless confirmed, so please direct your efforts towards Redacts donation drive.

This DOES mean that paying here does not give you any access to Armada whatsoever. Will he be available to partner up with? well I'm not sure it'll come down to if I need/want to maybe put Armada up in a hotel or if PM is on, the answer is up in the air and I can give no confirmations, hell maybe I'll give generous donations here a chance, all I can tell you that he will be at bam in the flesh.

For the Donation Drive:

I am giving $150 to Redact for any player, and I am adding $150 for only Wife and/or Chillin

EDIT: switched Lucky and Mang0 cause gotta get dat sheep shagger here again

1. Wife
2. Chillin
3. Lucky
4. Mang0
5. Zhu
6. Hugs
7. HMW
8. PewPewU
9. Hax
10. Axe
11. D1
12. Leffen
13. S2J
14. Alex19
15. M2K

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
So, I heard the Melbourne Smash 4 scene is looking good, Imma go to this.
Also, keen to face off against all the PM Yoshi's :)

Izzago

Miles' Warehouse 2 is going to be insane. I went to the first one and it was incredibly fun (especially as my first tournament). It was exactly what I had wanted in a tournament experience, so if you could find a way to do both, I'd say go for it...
But for me, BAM7 is going to be the best tournament of the year. I mean, how can it not be? Armada is going to be there, plus whoever the community manages to bring out!

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
1. Zhu
2. Wife
3. Hax
4. Hugs
5. Chillin
6. HMW
7. Lucky
8. Mango
9. Leffen
10. Axe
11. PewPewU
12. D1

Last edited:

Noxus

Smash Cadet
Ok finally back from ZEAL so I can sit down and sort out my thoughts and also explain the armada situation.

The reason why Armada is not on the list and also why Armada is already confirmed is because I am singlehandedly talking to Alliance myself to get him down here. This means that Armada is done by myself and is separate from Redacts donation drive, I did this so that I can get Redact to worry about other internationals and so I could do something for the community.

Alliance is kind enough to work with me on the logistics of getting armada down but if it comes down to it, I can get armada down here on my own, using my own expenses, so he is nevertheless confirmed, so please direct your efforts towards Redacts donation drive.

This DOES mean that paying here does not give you any access to Armada whatsoever. Will he be available to partner up with? well I'm not sure it'll come down to if I need/want to maybe put Armada up in a hotel or if PM is on, the answer is up in the air and I can give no confirmations, hell maybe I'll give generous donations here a chance, all I can tell you that he will be at bam in the flesh.

For the Donation Drive:

I am giving $150 to Redact for any player, and I am adding $150 for only Wife and/or Chillin

1. Wife
    2. Chillin
    3. Mang0
    4. Lucky
    5. Zhu
    6. Hugs
    7. HMW
    8. PewPewU
    9. Hax
    10. Axe
    11. D1
    12. Leffen
You should enter doubles with him in both games so you can send people to the dread zone again

Blue2ez

Smash Cadet
If it's 200-250 first come first serve to team with an international, i'm in. Let me know if you decide on going with this system or not redact.

Gords

Smash Champion
Question

how exactly does this
For each $50 dollar donated your vote will count 1x more, eg donate $150 and your vote is as strong as 4 peoples votes.
and this
we vote, and each vote needs to list their preferences from 1-13. 1 being most preferred and 13 being least
work together?
Is it like for every $50 I donate its as if another person voted with the same preference list?
As for team mates, I'm thinking of rather than try to entice any sort of bidding war with top donators, could make it a clean $200 or $250 to team with an international in the game of choice, first come first serve?

Thoughts?
I kinda like this idea if it started before donations, and/or we knew who was coming and what games were confirmed, but not sure about it at this stage. For eg. if i knew Lucky was confirmed and PM was in I would donate to team with lucky for PM in a Heart beat, even more so if dreadtech is with Armada (need to settle the score).
I think a better way now might be to have a lottery for those who donate more than $X (say $250) and those people go into the draw. you then pull out the names and the first person gets first pick and so on and so forth. You could also implement a system like you have with that for each $50 you get another entry into the draw (i would make it so once you get drawn though you can not be drawn again for another teaming). We did something similar to this for the last Zelda marathon for the Hyrule Hystoria book prize. there are websites/programs that could pull out the names for you which is what we used.

Can we make it you have to be top 5 in a PR to be able to team with an international?
this is a stupid idea. if anything we should have the top Aussie players not be teamed with the international players and team together to try and bring them down. I would still go with donators though

Shouldn't we leave that more or less up to the internationals themselves?
teaming with international players was an incentive to donate last time and resulted in amazing hype during the event. it also allows for the international players to give back something for us bringing them out here

Last edited:

Izzago

I agree Gords, but if we had to decide between only top players and giving the internationals a choice... I'd go with the latter, to give the lesser players a fighting chance.

Gords

Smash Champion
lesser players get a chance if they donate
this is exactly what happened in PM. dreadtech and I were no where near the top PM players (heck i didnt even win a set in bracket) yet we teamed with armada and lucky and placed 1st and 3rd respectively losing to the Perth team which were clearly top Aussie PM players. Also resulted in mad hype due to this.

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
1. hugs
2. chillin
3. mango
4. lucky
5. axe
6. zhu
7. wife
8. hax
9. hmw
10. ppu
11. d1
12. prog
13. leffen

will don8 $50 for hugs/chillin if it makes a difference

Last edited:

Izzago

lesser players get a chance if they donate
this is exactly what happened in PM. dreadtech and I were no where near the top PM players (heck i didnt even win a set in bracket) yet we teamed with armada and lucky and placed 1st and 3rd respectively losing to the Perth team which were clearly top Aussie PM players. Also resulted in mad hype due to this.
Again, I agree, and I think you are misinterpreting me... which is my fault since I wasn't 100% clear. What I meant to say was, if we had the choice between making it so that only top players can team with the internationals, or leave it up to those internationals to decide whether to team with only a top player, or just whoever is willing to put the most forward to get people over, I'd go the latter. In that scenario, last years system wouldn't be an option, but since it is, I hope we stick with it.

Pinehearst

Smash Rookie
#Mang0nation

1 Mang0
2 Wife
3 Lucky
4 chillin
5 hmw
6 hugs
7 axe
8 pewpewu
9 zhu
10 leffen
11 hax
12 D1

Not sure if I'm eligible to vote but I am apart of the SA smash scene

Last edited:

Hawki

Smash Cadet
That awesome feeling when the people you voted for initially are the ones making an effort with video content and shoutouts. #ibetontherighthorses

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
No money matches in this thread boooo
Since I probably won't be at Miles Warehouse 2 I'll do money matches here

@ S.D S.D $20 Best of 5 I'm keen (Melee)

@ 1ampercent 1ampercent $10 Best of 5 Falcon Dittos in melee and I'll face your sister as well

@SurPr15e $10 in any game, don't SurPr15e us all by not turning up this time

@ PrettyCoolGuy PrettyCoolGuy $5 or $10 you decide Best of 5 (Melee)

@DD_ $10 Best of 5 want get my rep back from our side bet at ZEAL (Melee)

@dean. $10 I wanna test if that DeDeDe is skillful (Smash 4)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom