• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Arena Melbourne 7 - May 22-24 2015 - Rego Closes May 17th, no exceptions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gords

Smash Champion
yeah i kinda agree with @ Splice Splice here in that the 1on1s felt like just like the set everyone who donated got except longer, the actual advice/coaching didnt feel any different between Joey, who i spent half hour with, and armada who i spent 3 games with. however the learning came more from conversation while standing around at the tournament, random friendlies when they were just playing with the general people and talking to them at the restaurant and pub on the sunday night. this kind of help can be obtained by anone with the courage to go and say hi, request a couple of friendlies and then ask for some feedback.

i think a donator meet would be great where we all can play games with the pros and talk about how we can improve our game in a communal setting where we can also learn from each others coaching through discussion, watching the games and playing the pros rather than creating a private 1on1 environment. This creates a good balance between having the dedicated time for big donators as well as giving all donators an opportunity to play.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I agree with that ideas here guys, I hope to somehow make slightly smaller meets for the donor ones to make it a bit less hard to get quality time with whoever you want without me having to enforce time with them.

JKTS

Smash Cadet
what do you mean by alternative vote though?
A voting system where you list candidates in order of preference so the candidate that is most agreeable to everybody is picked.

E.g. If half the people want mango and not lucky and the other half want lucky and not mango but everyone is happy with hax, hax is the logical choice, but can only be picked if we know everyone's second choice.

@ Splice Splice : What about only doing the coaching at the donor meets? Coaching during the day and friendlies/crews/shenanigans later on maybe?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
omg that's so good jkts, vote 1 leffen he promises better education for our children and lower taxes

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Having the coaching sessions be the opposite of private is pretty good. Like having the coaching involve two non import players actually playing as well and everyone chipping in etc. Get that super sxc dialogue going.

Gords

Smash Champion
yeah i think it would be better for the pros to see us play each other so they can see more than 4 of our mistakes per game.
my set with Armada was like I did ok for like the first 10 seconds, then made one wrong move lost the stock, rinse repeat for the next 3 stocks of that game the 4 stocks of the next game, stock 1 of the last game went mistake into stitch face, next 2 stocks were mistake into zero to death punishes then that into bomb-omb. :(

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
updated with scar saying no, waiting on socal duo before going ahead with the next stage

GeeMon

Smash Rookie
pewpewu, s2j and zhu as they are the coolest players of their character and all look like really chill dudes. + Leffen & Mango.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
took absolutely forever for a response, but the GOAT just said "**** it im in"

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
More updates just because

People I've contacted and they said they are keen as and should be able to come:

Mang0
hax
chillin
ppu
hugs
axe
Lucky
hmw
d1
leffen
prog
Wife
Zhu

people I've tired to contact with no reply yet

amsa

people that said no:

s2j
pp
scar (couldn't get long off work)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
There will almost definately be 64, infeda (sp?) has put in good work to make it happen

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Updates on international attendance stuff for BAM7.

People I've contacted and they said they are keen as and should be able to come to BAM7 through donations:

hax
chillin
ppu
hugs
axe
Lucky
hmw
d1
leffen
prog
Wife
Zhu
Mango

people I've tired to contact with no reply yet:

amsa
s2j

people that said no:

pp
scar (couldn't get long off work)

Ok so the idea behind this is it's a donation drive sort of thing.

I will be setting up donation stuff sooner or later in regards to this, I am just clearing it up that in no way is any 1 particular person guaranteed yet unless we raise the money like we have previously. This means that who comes is up to the community, the more dollars you put the more your vote will matter.

I know it's hard to donate if you don't know who will come, so please let me know by posting here or on smashboards if you're a conditional donator ($100 for anyone but leffen or something) or you are looking for something specific before donating. This is also why donations is not fully setup yet as I am waiting for a bit more to be confirmed before opening it up. (PM being there? Other stuff in the works?)

If there are any others that lots of people ask for I will try to get in contact with them, otherwise the above list is pretty final in terms of possible internationals.

As said before, there are still things in the works, and we are waiting for things to happen before it can fully be confirmed, but I'm willing to say we do have an international confirmed who is NOT listed above and they are coming without needing to be paid for!

More news to come once it can!

Splice

Smash Hero
Having met both Lucky and Mango I don't know how I could my money towards anyone else

Last edited:

Song_

Smash Cadet
1 Wife
2 Axe
3 D1
4 Chillin
5 Lucky
6 Mango
7 Prog
8 Hugs
9 PPU
10 Leffen
11 Zhu
12 HMW
13 Has

Edited My vote because wife is a solid bloke

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
1 mango
2 lucky
3 wife
4 hmw
5 hax
6 leffen
7 hugs
8 ppu
9 chillin
10 axe
11 zhu
12 d1
13 prog

the norwalk duo + armada would be greaaaat

Last edited:

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
1 Leffen
2 Mango
3 Lucky
4 S2J
5 Zhu
6 Hugs
7 Hax
8 Axe
9 HMW
10 Chillin
11 D1
12 PPU
13 Alex19
14 M2K
15 Wife

Yeaaaaaa, Mango+Lucky+Hugs would be amazing! :D

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
Definitely donating this time around again.

1. Chillin
2. Mang0
3. Lucky/Kiw1
4. Wife
5. D1
6. Axe
7. Zhu
8. Hax
9. PewPewU
10. Prog
11. Leffen
12. Hugs