• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Did this thread die or something without Bored?

2 days into the playoffs and last post was April 6th. smh

Shout out to the Mavs for forgetting how to play offense in the 4th.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I hate how there are often times two days off in between games during the 1st Round of the NBA Playoffs. It should not take 3 weekends to finish a series if it goes to 7 games. I should have made my predictions like I always do before the playoffs. A little late now. Oh well. Just looking forward to some close games and great playoff basketball. The Heat vs. just about any team in the West will make for an interesting NBA Finals.

Last edited:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
>Implying the Heat will just walk out of the east.

Tbh they're not as scary as you'd think. A fairly crappy Charlotte put some work in with a hurt Al Jefferson. The East was disappointing af this year.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
People are sleeping on the Wizards and Pacers too. Indy should win their series and get on track.

And the Wizards wouldn't be a good matchup for the Heat. John Wall can ball out of control some days, and Nene would murder Bosh.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Pacers down 1-2 to the 8th seeded Hawks.

Atlanta's about to shock the world.

Holy **** OKC down 1-2 to the 7th seeded Grizzlies!!

This is the greatest 1st round I've ever seen lol.

Last edited:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Atlanta is surprising. But why the **** do people keep sleeping on the Grizz? They were underrated the year they beat us at an 8th seed and I feared them that year too.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
But let's be real, OKC's losing because Russ and KD are shooting 25% from range and taking way too many shots from there

Suspect

Smash Hero
Memphis just plays well against Thunder. Thunder are only good against the spurs and rockets lol

memphis didnt even deserve to make the playoffs, I was hoping Suns would make it. Only thing memphis did last year was make an easy path for the spurs(lol lakers first round)

I want thunder to wins so spurs have to EARN a trip to the finals. They are already struggling against mavs(who should be up 3-0) next round is rockets(bad matchup for spurs) or blazers. Then after that thunder or clippers.

East is weak and a joke but Nets are the best team to beat the Heat imo. They contain the same crew from celtics that gave lebron a hard time

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Memphis plays hard basketball, so they match up well in the playoffs with mostly everyone. As a fan, I like them being in, but the Suns played well this year too. I mean, they would've been the 3 or 4 seed in the East iirc.

Btw, Thunder or not, anybody in the West has to earn that Finals trip. Look how stacked the teams are, there's not a single clear-cut favorite. A legitimate case could be made that the Clippers are the best at the moment.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
That's what's so amazing about this year's playoffs... There's no clear cut "best team."

I think the Heat are very vulnerable. They have yet to convince me that they are as good as the previous Heat teams of the past 2 seasons. LBJ is still LBJ, but Wade isn't turning back the clock and Bosh hasn't shown any major improvement. But the biggest issue is that most of the key role players have fallen off, most notably Norris Cole, Shane Battier, and Ray Allen.

We shall see what happens.

Oh and GO PORTLAND. Would LOVE to see Dwight get bounced in the first round. I hope he never comes close to a ring for the rest of his career.

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
refs screwed rockets out of another game this series lmao

even tho lin and p.bev choked, rockets still had it but refs are killing this series/league

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I'd love to take your side on the sketchy calls... but **** the Mavs.

You deserve the Rockets getting bounced. :D

(Worst officiating tho is that Chris Paul no call on Steph. And again this game with Joey Crawford getting in Steph's face)

Jackson

Smash Lord
The Washington Wizards are my boys. Not gonna lie, I used to dislike them because they were terrible, but they've got their act together and I'm hoping they'll make a deep playoff run. Gotta root for the home team, right?

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Need to spurs to win this series they will make the playoffs more interesting
and portland should be winning this series
houston has not done enough and lack discipline in moments
plus LA and lillard are beasts
i dont wanna hear about blown refcalls when harden gets foul called if you breathe on him.

and stop with this nonsense
the heat have a nice path to the finals with rest cause the brooms came out for the hornets and indiana cant get its head out its ass

hope portland faces the spurs next round should be a great series.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
Need to spurs to win this series they will make the playoffs more interesting
and portland should be winning this series
houston has not dont enough and lack discipline in moments
plus LA and lillard are beasts
i dont wanna hear about blown refcalls when harden gets foul called if you breathe on him.

and stop with this nonsense
the heat have a nice path to the finals with rest cause the brooms came out for the hornets and indiana cant get its ihead out its ***

hope portland faces the spurs next round should be a great series.
You're right about Indiana. I have no clue as to why it's so close with Atlanta.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The Hawks freaking had that game and then choked it away in the final minutes... Damn shame.

I don't see them winning Game 7 in Indiana.

T

Trick or Treat

If any team is going to beat the Heat, it'll be the Wizards. And I fully expect them to do so.

But wow. Both the NHL and NBA playoffs have been insane this year, I love it.

Jackson

Smash Lord
If any team is going to beat the Heat, it'll be the Wizards. And I fully expect them to do so.

But wow. Both the NHL and NBA playoffs have been insane this year, I love it.
Let's go Wizards. They've gotten their act together and they have serious talent.

Linguini

Smash Master
wizards are cool to watch but let's be real here, they don't stand a chance against el heat.

****ing hate the clippers. blake griffin is a piece of ****. hope the warriors can even it up and knock them out.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Game 7 is won by the superstar. Durant is going to be big.

Still, Memphis will win. Westbrook will lose them this game trying to prove too much.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My money is on the Thunder, Clippers, and Pacers. Home court advantage wins out.

Hopefully the Blazers close out the Rockets tonight.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Portland, Toronto, Memphis, and mostly Washington. As long as one of them wins the NBA I'll be happy.

One of my friends is a huge Dallas fan so I'd be fine with them winning too.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Z-Bo being out for Game 7 is a terrible thing. I honestly think the Grizz are better and now they can't win.

T

Trick or Treat

Damn, that Nets-Raptors game. Doesn't get any close than that, at the end. Wish the result was different though.

Oh well. Now I'm fully hoping for a Portland-Washington final.

Top Bottom