• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Ughh....I was really hoping for the Raptors to advance. I don't know why, but I don't really want to watch a Nets vs. Heat series. It's like I've seen it all before or something. I don't know. Portland vs. San Antonio is the series I look forward to the most in Round 2. The defending Western Conference Champions against a potential upstart team in the West. It could be a great series....or the Spurs might possibly crush them like they did Memphis in the WCF last year. It's just a different matchup, almost like the Warriors vs. Spurs was a different matchup last season that was exciting to watch; especially the overtime games. I'm not sure what to expect.

The following are my predictions:

Heat in 6 over Nets
Pacers in 6 over Wizards
Spurs in 5 over Blazers
Thunder in 6 over Clippers

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My predictions are similar:

Heat > Nets in 6
Pacers > Wizards in 6
Thunder > Clippers in 7

But I think the Blazers are gonna shock the world...

Blazers > Spurs in 6

T

Trick or Treat

No.

It's one thing to say the Wizards won't beat Miami, but come on. I don't think the Pacers stand any chance in this next series.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It's funny... The Pacers have been playing so bad recently that they've somehow gone from being overrated to underrated.

At their best they are still easily the 2nd best team in the EC and very capable of taking out Miami. There is still plenty of time for them to bounce back especially after the dog fight they had with Atlanta.

T

Trick or Treat

Oh, I'm not arguing their skill level. But skill and talent means nothing if you don't play up to it. Them winning game 7 still doesn't prove that they're going to do that.

But yes, if they play to their potential, they're definitely a top team in the East.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Oh, I'm not arguing their skill level. But skill and talent means nothing if you don't play up to it. Them winning game 7 still doesn't prove that they're going to do that.

But yes, if they play to their potential, they're definitely a top team in the East.
IMO, if they play like they did against Atlanta, Washington should have an easy win.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Edit: Wrong thread, lol

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I take back everything I said about Indiana... Wizards in 6.

Roy Hibbert has clearly forgotten how to play basketball. This might be the biggest collapse in NBA history as far as All Stars go.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I honestly don't understand what is going on with Hibbert. What sort of psychological trauma did he go through for this to happen? Clearly he isn't hurt. I'm not even sure if the team is on the same page, given there was a fight between Lance Stephenson and Evan Turner to start Game 1 of the first round. There have also been rumors that Paul George slept with HIbbert's wife, but I'm not even gonna go there.

Also, Mark Jackson getting fired is the dumbest thing I've seen the Warriors do in a while. He practically made them relevant and helped develop Klay and Steph. The team was even the 3rd best defensive team in regards to efficiency.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
For whatever reason the GS organization thinks they have succeeded in spite of Jackson instead of it being because of him. They're gonna look dumb as hell if they don't make it out of the first round again next season.

The Heat are looking solid in Game 1... Happy customer here.

KDY

Smash Rookie
The Nets just looked off for some reason, the heart was there at first but we just got overwhelmed. I'm confident we can take them the distance and even sneak a win over the Heat haha.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Nets looked more tired than anything. They will put up a better fight in Game 2.

The Heat are the best team in the league when the role players are hitting their shots though (really spreads the floor and takes pressure off of the Big 3)... The Nets have 0 chance this series if they are going to allow Ray Allen to score 18 points a game.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Nets looked more tired than anything. They will put up a better fight in Game 2.

The Heat are the best team in the league when the role players are hitting their shots though (really spreads the floor and takes pressure off of the Big 3)... The Nets have 0 chance this series if they are going to allow Ray Allen to score 18 points a game.
I have to agree with you. I'm a big Wizards fan, and although I think we can finish off the Pacers in Game 5 or 6, the Heat will be a big roadblock. I can't say I expect the Wizards to beat them.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Wizards could've won last night, but in the last two minutes they were being too hasty. The way they were playing with 2 minutes left, looked like they only had 30 seconds left. They definitely could've won if they'd taken their time and not rushed crappy shots.

T

Trick or Treat

Portland...come on, dawgs. You gotta win this. Such a disappointment.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well I DID say they were gonna shock the world... I just thought it would end with them winning instead of potentially getting swept. >.>

Spurs are scary.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Well, hey, this...

Blazers > Spurs in 6
...is still possible.

But yes. Even if the Wizards completely DESTROY Miami, I don't think they could handle a team like the Spurs. A lot of the Western teams are scary right now. Except Portland...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Spurs got super serious. Mavs just had "rivalary bonus stat" to give them a chance.

The Nets may have veterans, but each second half has been a disaster. I think it's more of the Heat becoming super serious, but it also comes down to Kidd and his halftime adjustments.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I was at the game, hitting 4 3's in a row set the building to overdrive. 12 straight buckets and a killer timeout show after that was bonkers.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Pacers...I don't understand you.

I went to bed before the OKC game was over. I need to rewatch the last minute people keep talking about.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
That game was simultaneously the biggest choke job/biggest ref job I've ever seen live.

Not sure who I'm more disappointed in... Chris Paul or the zebras.

Last edited:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Shout out to the refs for refereeing better than OKC/LAC played down the stretch.

I haven't been that upset at a basketball game since we lost game 6 to the heat.

Terrible basketball was played.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
For what it's worth, Chris Paul was being completely extra tryna draw a foul on what was assumed to be an immediate foul from my ***** Westbrook. He lowkey blew the game twice, but the refs were pretty awful as well.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Also, the Wizards stink for letting the trash ass Pacers be up 3-2 when they should have been done with this series in 5 games. Just give Miami a bye to the Finas cuz the East really stinks.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I guarantee the Pacers will miraculously turn things around once they face the Heat.

They're one of those teams that always get up to play Miami.

It'll be a bloodbath but I have a hard time betting against LeBron James... The dude is pretty good at basketball

Linguini

Smash Master
No complaints here. That was a foul anyways on the last play so it actually would've been better for the clips than almost 2 guaranteed points.

Clippers for bitchiest team...seriously...them n!ggas whine about every call. fvck outta here!

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Good, good. The Heat and Spurs took care of business last night. I would love the possibility for a Heat vs. Spurs rematch. I'm going to enjoy the Conference Finals, so I'm definitely not getting ahead of myself, but it is great that last year's Conference representatives are still in the Playoffs. Go Thunder and Wizards! I just want the Conference Finals to start now.

Edit: I meant go Thunder and Pacers. I thought Washington was up 3-2 in the series for some reason. Goes to show how much I cared about it. I'm ready for the Conference Championship round to begin now.

Last edited:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Top Bottom