• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
As a Heat fan the Spurs are the team I fear the most. They're the smartest team in the NBA, well coached, their two best players happen to play the two positions the Heat have the most trouble guarding (PG and C), they have excellent 3 point shooting, they pass the ball well, and their interior defense is good enough to keep LBJ/Wade on their toes.

Wow Celtics...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think the Clippers or Grizz pose the biggest threat to the Heat. Clippers have the best PG in the game that can make things happen + great interior players. Memphis has the best defense + great interior players. Bigs and PG play have always been the Heat's only weakness.

Also, a person I play ball with used to ball with Darius Morris lol.

Edit: Duncan trolling Dwight

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
LOL Duncan's the man.

The Warriors are actually surprising me. They just might pull off the upset. Curry vs Durant would be bad ass if they advance.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I think he leaves tbh. Lakers have no upside next season and maybe even the next couple of years. The Kobe era is finished and I don't see LA being able to build a solid team around Dwight any time soon.

Is anyone watching this GSW/Nuggets game? Damn this series is fun.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
VDN needs to be fired on the spot if the Clippers lose in the first round. Waaaaay too much talent on that team for a second year of playoff mediocrity.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
lol no
its like i said
its chris paul babysitting
thats the clippers right now, look this team... its overrated
chris paul went for 35
their other starters averaged around seven points

grizzles took out everyone else and dared cp3 to beat them and he came up short

when Zbo runs over 3 people including d jordan at the rim thats not coaching
thats effort... memphis wants it more

vdn does a great job with rotations, keeping the flow between the bench and the starters offensively and defensively, did this throughout the regular season got them to a good record.
but everytime something goes wrong blame the coach

they are getting beat up and punked
these others got to step up but I surmise

I want memphis to win and its looking like a high possibility

the clippers "showtime" is overrated
lets see some fundamentals and win games

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The difference between last year and this year was that the Clippers miss Reggie Evans and Kenyon Martin. Two guys who don't mind getting physical and will not stand getting "punked" by Zbo or the rest of the cast.

TNT made a great point. Blake and DeAndre play above the rim in terms of rebounding. Zbo and Gasol play below the rim, using their bodies to box out and get good position. That also just leads to good fundamentals, which the Clippers lack.

DeAndre, and to some extent Blake's lack of development in the post leaves CP3 to be the only true shot creator outside of Crawford...who just takes tough jump shots anyway.

Only thing I would criticize VDN for is...if you're getting out rebounded, you might as well go small and see if you can out run these guys. Go with a lineup of CP3, Bledsoe, Crawford, Butler, and Odom.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bigmen that never got signed until later in the season that I as a GM would have signed from the start...

-Kenyon Martin
-Birdman.

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah this is not coach del negro's fault haha, tf. this is the entire crew shrinking during the playoffs + excellent exploitation by memphis. gotta give credit to lionel hollins.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If the Knicks somehow become the very first team to lose an NBA playoff series after being up 3-0 I will be the first person to literally die of laughter.

Hope it doesn't happen cause I actually like living but damn it'd be one hell of a way to go out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
eh hindsight is 20/20

they should sign jason collins
I dunno, I always liked those two bigs. Kenyon Martin frustrated Dirk to hell back when he was with Denver. He is also a big that can switch on picks and hold his own. The guy just knows how to defend.

Birdman...well when he was with Denver, dude was just non-stop energy. Plus he's lanky so he can cause players to adjust when they drive into the paint. Compared to guys like Eric Dampier, Turiaf, and any other big you can get for cheap...he's probably one of the better ones.

Jane

Smash Hero
"If we play dirty, then they must be playing unsanitary."

JaVale McGee, ladies and gentlemen. He'll be here until at least tomorrow.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If I'm a Knicks fan I'm not too thrilled right now. First JR Smith showed why he's still a mental ****** and costed them Game 4, then the whole "funeral" shenanigans they pulled and their arrogance lost them Game 5, and then they were a few made shots from being the recipients of one of the greatest comebacks in NBA history in Game 6.

Regardless my Knicks in 6 prediction was spot on.
Knicks (2) vs Celtics (7) - Knicks in 6 - This has the potential to be the most exciting first round match up. As much as I would LOVE to see the Celtics curb-stomp the Knicks I just don't see it happening. C's are going to miss Rondo more than they think and I just don't see Jeff Green being "that guy" that will take them to the next level. But there's no doubt in my mind that the geezers aren't gong down without a fight so I'm expecting some hard fought games. Expect games to get chippy. Dis gon be gud.
My Pacers in 6 prediction was also on the money...

Pacers (3) vs Hawks (6) - Pacers in 6 - Probably will be the least-watched series in the first round, but I think it will be a bit more competitive than most think. Hawks will have to dictate the pace and prevent a slow, grind it out, half court game if they want a chance to win this series.

Golden State on the other hand... Had no idea Bogut would be balling outta control like that. lol

Jane

Smash Hero
well if we're gonna keep score, i correctly called three of the series so far. and i still have a chance to be right on two more (okc/hou + bkn/chi).

i got den/gsw hella wrong. we all got lac/mem hella wrong rofl. off on nyk/bos by one game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Clippers and Nuggets were extremely disappointing... CP3 and Howard to the Rockets? Thunder/Grizzlies and Spurs/Warriors will both be hype as **** though... Can't wait.

Now all that's left is Nets/Bulls Game 7.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Had the Bulls won Game 5 on Monday night, I would have been 4/4 in the East with the correct teams moving on and in how far each series went. As for the West... Went 2-4 in teams moving on and 0-4 in calling how far each series would go. The Warriors busted my West bracket good.

Congrats to Memphis for winning 4 straight on the Clippers. It's like they knew what to do after Game 2, and Memphis could have even pulled that game off. I'm curious to see how the Warriors are going to play against the Spurs.

Jane

Smash Hero
I only like to count the ones I got right down to the number of games.

But honestly I forgot about the Heat/Bucks series. >.>
oh of course, that goes without saying.

now my last chance to predict 4 series correctly is if the bulls beat the nets, and i have high hopes that they will. should be a great game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I can't help but wonder how Bulls fans are feeling about Rose being the most physically healthy player left on the team and yet he still refuses to play. lol

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Joe Johnson is straight up trash.

I've seen high school players that play with more heart and energy than that guy does.

Onto round 2 of the playoffs!

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Joe Johnson is straight up trash.

I've seen high school players that play with more heart and energy than that guy does.

Onto round 2 of the playoffs!
Joe johnson was fighting a foot injury throughout that series.

Jay-Z said it best though "On to The Next One". The bulls couldn't agree more. XD

Hawks suk btw. Lmao!

:pow:

Top Bottom