• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Jem.

Smash Master
No one from the West is beating OKC in a 7 game series. They just tire you out eventually. And through the losing usually Durant finally gets the ball more. Only Miami can still beat OKC in a 7 game series. This is coming from soneone who thought the Thunder were dead in the water vs the Spurs looking like sharks getting ready to bite off the young Thunder heads until the furious comeback.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
What do you guys think of D'Antoni moving MWP to the bench and coming off to play the PF spot? Kobe plays the 3, Meeks 2, and Duhon/Nash 1. I think it can work for most games, but against guys like Ibaka and Z-Bo, that's just asking to get killed on the boards. Plus, that also means Kobe starts on KD, Rudy Gay, LBJ, etc.

This has also left Jamison and Jordan Hill not logging any minutes.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
-Turns off Laker game when down 14 at end of 3rd...

Lakers come back and win game in OT-

Watched the last 5 of the 4th and OT. It's amazing how much of a difference it is to have someone else make their shot/create outside of Kobe (Nash).

Linguini

Smash Master
damn wolves almost beat the knicks without k love, reminded me why I don't watch the knicks the team is full of a bunch of ******es lol. they complain about every call that isn't in their favor. since when is chandler such a dyick lol I don;t remember him being like that on the mavs

Tavitoes

Smash Cadet
Harlem Globetrotters, man! All the way! As for the players I hate, I don't really have an objection to any players in the NBA. Oh, and BTW, have you heard of the professional Streetball team? They're amazing.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
How bout dem Christmas games. I'm on vacation in another country atm so I won't be able to watch every game thanks to the time difference, but there's no chance I'm missing Miami/OKC.

Predictions
Celtics/Nets
Knicks/Lakers
Thunder/Heat
Rockets/Bulls
Nuggets/Clippers

Jane

Smash Hero
nets
knicks
thunder
rockets
clippers

unfortunately i'm going to miss the celtics nets game, and half of the knicks lakers game due to having to drive to my dads (ugh), but yeah. should be a wonderful day of basketball.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Boston: Gut feeling
Knicks: Lakers always get owned on Christmas. Just look at their record on that day.
Thunder: Revenge/motivated. Miami will play lazy.
Bulls: Gut feeling
Clippers: Going with Vegas.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Heat was my homer pick but I could definitely see them losing the way they've been playing as of late.

I just wanna see some good, entertaining games.

Jane

Smash Hero
welp, i'm 0/3 so far. oh well, great game in miami. westbrook and perkins shoot their team on the foot in the offensive and defensive sides of the floor respectively, as per usual.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Like I said a few days ago Westbrook is one of those players that will make or break your team... He's usually the former but tonight against the Heat he was definitely the latter with his poor shot selection and overall recklessness. I still have no idea what Scott Brooks and the OKC organization sees in Perkins but hey as a Heat fan I love to see him on the floor.

Good win from the Heat overall. Glad they're showing that they still got it despite their slow start.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
welp, i'm 0/3 so far. oh well, great game in miami. westbrook and perkins shoot their team on the foot in the offensive and defensive sides of the floor respectively, as per usual.
I thought KD was responsible for most of the defensive miscues down the stretch...

1. LBJ dominated. Though I'll let that slide, cause it's LBJ
2. Down the stretch, KD switched onto Wade. Wade blew by him and got a dunk on Collison.
3. KD didn't fight the pick hard enough at the end, and caused WB to switch to LBJ. Either KD or Ibaka had to switch onto Bosh when Perkins went to help.
4. He had a few more miscues on defense down the stretch as well.

WB had a terrible game offensively, but I thought he brought it on defense. Also contributed by getting 5 offensive rebounds. I'd also like to point out, while KD has more rebounds per game vs WB this year, KD struggles to get rebounds when playing Miami. Dude has to put his "big boy" pants on and work the boards. WB out rebounded KD in the Finals last year too. That shouldn't be happening.

Jem.

Smash Master
Didnt KD only have 8 attempted shots by around half time? KD deserves 15~+ shots a half.. He should be shooting at Kobe levels. He is an incredible shooter/scorer. The fact most nights Westbrook attempts more shots than Durant is absurd and I'll repeat myself again. Westbrook is why they wont win the NBA Finals.

GurrenLogann

Smash Rookie
Damn i haven't been here in a long time. I used to frequent this thread around 2 years ago haha but i lost the account. Anyways it's nice to see the lakers playing well with nash back and I always love watching the thunder lose;)

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
westbrook isnt the reason why they have trouble winning most of the time

its funny
i have seen games last year which was a large enough sample size to realize that kd has times
where he simply goes cold
and it takes him almost till the last 5 min to get hot

westbrook is key and though he makes mistakes
he is the reason they have a chance
they match up weird with the heat because while they essentially play the same style of fast paced transition basketball

the heat have finally found someone that they can sort of bully around
they get beat up down low by the heat

and when that doesnt happen perkins gets burned on rotations because hes slow
and ibaka is not a fantastic on the ball defender

do not forget that westbrook fought for them in game 4 when **** looked bleak and even though the heat won
westbrook was the only one really going into overdrive mode

he was the reason

dude is like your ex move...it aint always gonna work but it least you always see the flash
if im a team i can live with westbrook as the point

they need someone who can match up with lebron since they lost a offensive spark in harden to offset
(even though i like kevin martin alot)
when selphlosha cannot guard lebron in the paint and he will have trouble getting a high percentage of keeping him on the perimeter

help will have to come

what scary is that bosh isnt play exactly well and ray allen isnt play at the best percentage to help space the floor even more

mike miller is helping though lol

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The thing that really separates the Heat from OKC (imo) is their offensive versatility.

Even though the Heat are only known for their Big 3, they have a lot of underrated scorers that can step up when need be (Chalmers, Battier, and Miller destroyed the Thunder in last years Finals). The Thunder don't have any consistent scorers outside of their Big 3 that can do the same, although Ibaka is improving.

Also, Perkins is HUGE net negative against the Heat. He's only good against teams with low post scoring bigs. Even then he's only okay. One of the most overrated players.

Not to discredit the Thunder as a whole... They're still a huge threat. They just happen to play the style of basketball that fits right into Miami's hands.

Landry

Smash Ace
Chris Paul is fake as hell.

Edit: Avery got fired because the Nets put together a team with pieces that don't fit together. He's the scapegoat. They didn't wanna blame DWill so it was easier to pin it on Johnson.

Jem.

Smash Master
Russell Westbrook on Christmas Day: 5 for 19, 5 turnovers. He shouldn't be shooting like that. He gets that reckless look in his eyes where he acts like he's the only guy on the floor.. Every fan of the NBA has seen it. He just gets in that mood where he honestly isn't looking for anyone else. Almost every game this year Westbrook has attempted more shots than Durant. It should be the opposite. Almost every game Durant should be attempting more shots. Westbrooks recklessness is a gift and a curse.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It's easy to criticize his recklessness when he isn't dropping 40 points on your team in the Finals.

He still has a lot to learn in terms of decision making but I think the guy gets too much flak for a player with so much talent.

Jem.

Smash Master
It's easy to criticize his recklessness when he isn't dropping 40 points on your team in the Finals.

He still has a lot to learn in terms of decision making but I think the guy gets too much flak for a player with so much talent.
He is a dynamic player, but also a selfish one. I think 99% of NBA fans would agree Durant should be shooting more than Westbrook every game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
As long as it doesn't prevent him from playing his up-tempo game then sure.

People laughed at me earlier in the season when I said the Clippers could end up being the best team in the West behind the Thunder... Who's laughing now?

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Like i said
you can look at tonight

durant has been relatively cold/quiet

and westbrook bailed them out tonight

he competes everynight
great motor, skill,improving awareness

the thunder were about to tune out today (to the mavericks lol)
and westbrook saved them he dont take plays off

I want him on my squad no matter what

Top Bottom