• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Mafia

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I just did an ISO on Ranmaru. He comes off to me as trying to look like he's doing a lot, but not really. His question directed at Red Ryu stands out. It didn't look to me like Red Ryu was or is serious. His early persuit on me also felt dry. It also stands out that he was on my grill for thread viewing, but didn't really follow up after I posted, and just sort of shrugged when he noticed Vinylic doing the same. All in all, his scum hunting rubs me as dishonest so far.
Is the persuit thing directed at me here? I'm not sure because tbh I'm more so questioning people trying to push you.

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
Ro Laren Ro Laren

can you please do one on red ruy?
I can (and I will).

I didn't do much, so I'm not sure how it can seem that way. I wanted to see if he'd commit to something more serious if not. The direction was moving away from RVS so I want to engage him. There was nothing to follow up on. I didn't want to bother you, I don't actually find not replying as soon as possible a tell. It was only to get the ball rolling. You mention my reads list, and I explained it. What did you think of that?
I don't really get the point of posting your vibes that early.

How come you haven't followed up with Red Ryu?

Is the persuit thing directed at me here? I'm not sure because tbh I'm more so questioning people trying to push you.
No I mean Ranmaru.

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
Could you explain more the difference between my post and WashedLaundry's post? What about thier post looked like it was from a scum point of view and what about my post looks like it is from a town point of view?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My post was neither about a disagreement nor about nit picking wording.

The disagreement (whether or not a vote for a non-player during RVS useful) isn't a strong enough case. But there's a difference between a logical disagreement and a logical fallacy.

Read my case again. I point out the contradictory statements (logical fallacy) in Ro's first and second posts. The first having to do with both agreeing with Ranmaru, but then completely misrepresenting Ranmaru comments. The second having to assuming that I somehow agreed with her sentiment on voting non-players and therefore deliberately wasted my RVS vote. Which is crap.

Now, let's take a look at Ro's first post after I made my case.

Notice that it doesn't address any of my points whatsoever, and even attempts to go back to RVS with a Star Trek joke. Or perhaps just to be snarky towards me? Either way, it's a total deflection.

If Ro wanted to help town, she'd at least attempt to address my points. It would increase the interactions between us to help others sort through our alignment, and in a TvT situation, might dissuade me from tunneling. Instead, she chooses a path that benefits no one but herself.

Next up!

Here we have Ro continuing to not answer my post, while simultaenously parroting Red Ryu's phrase "logical disagreements." She's basically just shrugging her shoulders and trying to change the subject again. This is a VERY common response from scummy players (particularly indies, though there aren't any of those in this game).

So yeah... I'm pretty confident in this read and won't be moving my vote again toDay.
Hmm, This does puzzle me.

Can you show me the misrepresentations with ran?

unvote

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't really get the point of posting your vibes that early.

How come you haven't followed up with Red Ryu?.
We disagree. As Adumbrodeus likes to be close to the chest, I like to be open.

There was nothing to get out of that from there. I need to see more from him and others before my reads develop further.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy : Kary gave me town vibes for his 'finally' intro post. Adum I have mentioned why already. Yet from there, rest of their play is null. You seem pretty active and pushing for others to vote. Yet my reads on the three of you are not yet solid. (Adum play null because he's keeping his cards to his chest, Kary is voting J and observing)

I like that J was asking for others to chat even though he hasn't really presented his thoughts on Xatres v Ro Laren yet.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary : You asked about Vinyl / Red Ryu. What are your thoughts on them?
#HBC | J #HBC | J : Thoughts on Xat / Ro Laren now that there is more content to read by?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Could you explain more the difference between my post and WashedLaundry's post? What about thier post looked like it was from a scum point of view and what about my post looks like it is from a town point of view?
I'll grab a quote one sec,
Golden Sun: The Lost Age (of) Mafia -Game Over! Indy Alex wins!

This post, when he says "does it make it right" made me question his stance.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I can because there has been zero reason for votes on me. I think we are past the RVS phase at this point lol.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i dont see why you care. do you think its scummy or are you just commenting? do you expect us to all have serious votes down right now?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I should avoid this thread because I am tipsy, but my thoughts on Ro Laren vs. Xatres are pretty simple.

I find Ro Laren more analytical in his approach to examining the situation. I think he is trying to look at the situation and feel the vibes of the thread rather than scum OMGUS'ing that Xatres presenting. Xatres on the other hand seems to be stretching his case and seeming to really push the fact that Ro Laren is scum for something that isn't inherently scummy. It seems reaching on the point of of "...?" for Xatres to truly pushing this notion of what he found as a 100% scum-tell. I do not particularly care for that fact of the thread.

I also find it odd to ask why I am the most votes is because with 3 votes I'm at L-2 with no reasoning as to why I am at that close to a lynch at the current time. I find it odd because players like Marshy/Kary are on my jock without really anything to preface such a disliking of my slot.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
i dont see why you care. do you think its scummy or are you just commenting? do you expect us to all have serious votes down right now?
Mainly just commenting on the fact that I don't understand the point. I do expect y'all to have not RVS votes at this point since we are 4 pages into the game and not really joking around at this juncture. There is more content to be had and if you intent to vote me, I do wish to know why rather than "Lol Rvs, why you questioning though?"

I'd like real content>"well RVS".

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer

You do understand the difference, correct?

i understand what you believe to be the difference. ill push a lynch when im good and ready boi

you expect kary and i to be voting ppl differently than who we did in rvs. but here we are not living our lives to js agenda. do you find it scummy? null? is there any reason you can think of that kary went back to you that you find legitimate?

night thread

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
J said:
Ro Laren, so since you seem not really too believing in Ranmaru's read's what is your read on him?
It's too early to say. I'd like to see more from him.
I just did an ISO on Ranmaru. He comes off to me as trying to look like he's doing a lot, but not really. His question directed at Red Ryu stands out. It didn't look to me like Red Ryu was or is serious. His early persuit on me also felt dry. It also stands out that he was on my grill for thread viewing, but didn't really follow up after I posted, and just sort of shrugged when he noticed Vinylic doing the same. All in all, his scum hunting rubs me as dishonest so far.
What prompted you to make this ISO? I understand that J was asking about your read, but why change your mind from 'It's too early to say' ?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
One of my posts got deleted, thanks SWF backup.

@Vinylic. I'm not really interested in 'siding' with anyone. I guess I would be okay if someone wanted to 'side' with me, but I don't think it's necessary if we work together well as town.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So yeah... I'm pretty confident in this read and won't be moving my vote again toDay.
Pretend for the time being that we lynch Ro Laren and they flip town. How would you react then?
Is it reasonable for you to expect some backlash from the lynch? Is there anyone else you are looking at?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ranmaru said:
I like that J was asking for others to chat even though he hasn't really presented his thoughts on Xatres v Ro Laren yet.
I disagree.

Morning y'all. Anyone going to be around today to chat about the game?
We should all talk about that super attractive wagon that has the most votes currently. Imo, it'd be fun.
I have concerns that J seems to be playing passively, this is twice that he has invited others to contribute to the game, but not really put his own thoughts out first. It feels like it could be him (as scum) trying to gauge the opinion of the thread rather than take the initiative to find scum. On the other hand, you could say that it is just a more conversational style, but personally I wouldn't give any town points for that.

In short, I think I want to see more reads and more taking the initiative from J. It is worth noting that J isn't the only offender in this respect, I could probably say the same for marshy, for example. But it's easier to pressure J with a vote in this situation.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Morning everyone.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary The wagon I was talking about in that post you quoted was actually the wagon on me because I thought I had the most votes at the time even though it seems I was mistaken and tied with Xatres.

I will admit that I am playing more passively, but I would also generate that to the fact that I am also shaking off the rust and trying to remember certain things. I've also calmed down vastly as a person online due to events. My current goal is to garner conversations with people and also see where other heads are at because I do not really have a scum read at this time.

Xatres vs. Ro Laren is boring at it's essence because neither really have anything scummy against them and more so just not the best reasoning initially. If I had to choose out of the two to vote, I would lean Xatres due to his, what seems to be, over-confidence to call Ro Laren scum over something so small. Though, I'm not sold on that being a scum-tell over that of a possible over-zealous tell.

Currently, I am moreso looking at who I like for my town-reads and probably will vote the weakest of my reads if nothing continues to pop up for a scum-tell that I can really bite into. I've got my null-pile that I want to see more things happen from. (Previously stated as Marshy/RR/Adumb) I have some town points for some members of the cast, yet nothing solid.

My gut is telling me that scum for D1 isn't really located in Ranmaru/Vinyl. I'm not really keen on narrowing the lynch to Ro Laren/Xatres because as you said it is looking more TvT. So that just leaves my nulls and you (who I'm not really sure either way at the moment).

At the end of it, the reason I'm not really talking about my reads much is because they are a wash overall. Nothing really insightful nor telling.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
adumbrodeus adumbrodeus

do you make anything of karys attitude alignment wise? youve mentioned town leaning xat from tone do you pull anything from kary? have you played with kary scum before? tell me what you generally expect from the slot

i feel like this games activity is pretty disjointed
Honestly, I wish I could say this gives me useful information but Kary wasn't my target, just one of the people I was asking for votes. Last game Kary was purposefully unhelpful and distracting to the point I didn't shoot her til endgame because I thought she was BP otherscum til the last day so it fits her town play to cockblock me here (albeit not BM), even if she wasn't on anything she saw til her last post.

So I'm reading it as null and mainly infuriating.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Currently, I am moreso looking at who I like for my town-reads and probably will vote the weakest of my reads if nothing continues to pop up for a scum-tell that I can really bite into. I've got my null-pile that I want to see more things happen from. (Previously stated as Marshy/RR/Adumb) I have some town points for some members of the cast, yet nothing solid.
I mean you could help me and get on Ro Lauren.

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
When J asked me about him, I reflected on what I thought, which led me to looking over his posts.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Out of town today. Will post tonight when I return home.

Top Bottom