• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Mafia

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
Folks around here do have the tendency to stalk, usually to get pressure those who only read and haven't talked. Usually not a good idea otherwise, I assume? Ro Laren Ro Laren
It's never a good idea in my opinion. There's too many meta-game factors involved.

This **** really isn't important.
Then how come you asked?
To me, Ro Laren's vote looks like a tag-a-long vote. Not inherently scummy, but weird as I cited earlier.

It's exactly what Ranmaru stated for the vote on Xatres. Plus why are we using an RVS vote against the mod as precedence to vote Xatres? Is there another reason for the vote or is just a literal copy/pasta of what Ran stated?
Their RVS "vote" isn't anything to seriously be suspicious over. I'm voting Xatres for their explanation. If they believe that "EVERY vote in RVS helps you find scum", then they should have voted. It doesn't matter if it's true that every vote in RVS is informative. It's important that Xatres thinks it is, but chose not to vote anyway.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Like I said, Gut feels aren't my thing. I'd like more out of you first. Why should marshy side with you? Why should I vote for J? It can't be because you said so, right?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Guess y'all busy today, so I'll make some questions.

Xatres Xatres if you were to vote a player in rvs first, who'd it be? Who do you think is town and null? Who is most likely scum?

Ro Laren Ro Laren can you list at least one or two of these factors? Would any of them be related to the actions ran took?

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Out of all these players, including me, who would you side with? Would you want someone to first side with you instead?

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Vote: Xatres

I'm on board with what Ranmaru said earlier. Every vote is informative, but voting a non-player is basically not voting at all.
Two things:

1) You say "voting a non-player is basically not voting at all." This is obviously not true. My voting for Maven has produced a variety of reactions from different players, as it was intended to.

2) You say you are on board with what Ranmaru said, but what Ranmaru said was not "voting a non-player is basically not voting" he said voting a non-player is LESS informative than voting for player.

So in the span of two sentences, you've given us a logical fallacy and two contradictory statements. Pretty scummy, eh? And all from a little vote.

Their RVS "vote" isn't anything to seriously be suspicious over. I'm voting Xatres for their explanation. If they believe that "EVERY vote in RVS helps you find scum", then they should have voted. It doesn't matter if it's true that every vote in RVS is informative. It's important that Xatres thinks it is, but chose not to vote anyway.
More logical fallacy.

1) You believe "a vote for a non-player == not voting"

2) I believe "EVERY vote in RVS helps you find scum"

3) You say that if I believe every vote in RVS helps find scum, why didn't I vote, as if I somehow secretly agree that my vote for Maven was illegitimate. It has been clearly establish that this is not the case, therefore asking, "Why didn't a vote" makes no sense whatsoever.

All that being said...

Unvote

Vote: Ro Laren

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17

Xatres Xatres if you were to vote a player in rvs first, who'd it be? Who do you think is town and null? Who is most likely scum?
If I had chosen a player to vote for in RVS, I would have chosen someone at random.

Ro Laren is scum, hands down. Her hopping on my bandwagon was super sloppy and riddled with poorly constructed arguments. I'd give her some wiggle room if she were a newbie, but she said herself she's been playing mafia for 10 years. It's a pretty open and shut case in my mind.

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
Ro Laren Ro Laren can you list at least one or two of these factors? Would any of them be related to the actions ran took?
I don't think there's anything to gain from this. Instead I'm going to do something helpful and

Vote: Kim Kardashian, because reasons.

This will help us find scum for sure.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I agree to that. Mainly this part of made me scratch my head:

Ro Laren is scum, hands down. Her hopping on my bandwagon was super sloppy and riddled with poorly constructed arguments. I'd give her some wiggle room if she were a newbie, but she said herself she's been playing mafia for 10 years. It's a pretty open and shut case in my mind.
The overselling of the point makes it a bit forced in my mind and also declaring Ro Laren is auto-scum for voting Xatres is another thing I'm pondering. The case seems too hard for something pretty small.

W.r.t. the pink bolded bits: These are bold statements to say based on what Ro Laren did and also makes it seem a bit biased because Ro Laren is voting Xatres, himself.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
#HBC | J #HBC | J what do you make of Vinyl and RR?
Vinyl is looking like he is trying to scum-hunt. I also liked his responses to RR. RR, on the other hand, hasn't really done much.

RR/Marshy/Adumb sit in a similar category for me of not doing anything relevant as of yet so I don't have much of a bead on them.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
We can chat about the good stuff after we get some work done.

Fire some thoughts at me Adumb.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Cool Marshy's here.

Talk with me, what are your thoughts so far?
games boring and im mostly waiting on ppl to post. i was planning on looking back over to see if anything pinged me

i have like 1 slot id b sad to see die atm

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Seriously though, Ro's reasoning is trash and very obvious trash at this point however bad theorycraft (even for somebody whose been playing for a while) isn't inherently scummy.

You should vote her though.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The overselling of the point makes it a bit forced in my mind and also declaring Ro Laren is auto-scum for voting Xatres is another thing I'm pondering. The case seems too hard for something pretty small.

W.r.t. the pink bolded bits: These are bold statements to say based on what Ro Laren did and also makes it seem a bit biased because Ro Laren is voting Xatres, himself.
Yeah, I think that the amount of certainty Xatres seems to be showing at this point in the game just isn't justified. It feels like it's jumping to a conclusion too much. I don't necessarily think that it's scummy though.
The whole thing is a bit OMGUS. It also bothers me that Xatres doesn't offer any other reads.

RR/Marshy/Adumb sit in a similar category for me of not doing anything relevant as of yet so I don't have much of a bead on them.
I agree, but my expectations for Vinyl/RR aren't the same as for adum/marshy. Speak of the devil...

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I agree to that. Mainly this part of made me scratch my head:

does xatres feign confidence as scum?

any1 have meta on dude?

the ro laren/xat thing interests me. i remember xat generally sitting back d1 til pretty late in the day. hes kind of like me in preferring to observe but less shameless about it and less swag

what im trying to say is that xatres springed into action to go after ro laren. idk if dudes scum cuz of different tone OR hes really got his "scumtell" that hes finally confident to push

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Ro Laren Ro Laren

ruy any thoughts? ro do you feel a grimy vube from xat or what?

swag

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Seriously though, Ro's reasoning is trash and very obvious trash at this point however bad theorycraft (even for somebody whose been playing for a while) isn't inherently scummy.

You should vote her though.
I'm confused, why should I vote her if her actions aren't inherently scummy?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I haven't played much with Xatres in the past plus I'm kind of playing this game with meta mostly thrown out due to not having played in a year so people can change in that span of time.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Kary, I play with my cards close to my chest until I'm ready to reveal them and have been for years.

Which is more useful for town? Helping me do what I'm trying to do and critiquing it after the fact, or blocking it?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Like I said, Gut feels aren't my thing. I'd like more out of you first. Why should marshy side with you? Why should I vote for J? It can't be because you said so, right?

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Out of all these players, including me, who would you side with? Would you want someone to first side with you instead?
These posts in particular. The way he seems to be trying to gauge others and also his response to RR where it shows he is thinking about the whats/whys behind RR's actions.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, I play with my cards close to my chest until I'm ready to reveal them and have been for years.

Which is more useful for town? Helping me do what I'm trying to do and critiquing it after the fact, or blocking it?
I think you're confusing what is helpful to you and what is helpful to town.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think you're confusing what is helpful to you and what is helpful to town.
You don't know about my slot or Ro's slot.

I clearly have something in mind over Ro's slot.

Interactions give information about the slots involved, even if you disagree with the premise under which it occurs, the reasoning is useful.

WTF is so hard to understand about that?

Top Bottom