• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Mafia

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
(airhorn sounds)

ggs @marshy

Haha, the soul read. I thought this was a bit of a weird response but then I put you as lean town based on your explanation.
Only things had me doubting was the kill order and then that YOLO vote.

well played Vinylic. Vinylic. adumbrodeus adumbrodeus winning in Lylo

It was vinyl, his yolo gave it to me basically for free.

I played like crap this game LOL

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That was no yolo. I was putting all of my confidence on that vote because something just didn't felt right, lol.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Oh. Well gotcha.

I gotta be honest though, I was about to throw this game away and finish this asap after a family tragedy yesterday. I'm really happy I didn't though. I feel a lot better now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Shoutouts tomorrow when I get into my office tomorrow!

Yay town we won!

Marshy :smirk:

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh. Well gotcha.

I gotta be honest though, I was about to throw this game away and finish this asap after a family tragedy yesterday. I'm really happy I didn't though. I feel a lot better now.
Oh, I'm so sorry, what happened?

If you wanna say of course, no pressure dude.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Oh, I'm so sorry, what happened?

If you wanna say of course, no pressure dude.
Grandpa passed from an unfortunate incident. I can't spare the details as I had no idea how this happened. I was at CEO playing arms with a few folks at the time. Took a while to sink that in. Fam are planning things out for his funeral atm.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Grandpa passed from an unfortunate incident. I can't spare the details as I had no idea how this happened. I was at CEO playing arms with a few folks at the time. Took a while to sink that in. Fam are planning things out for his funeral atm.
I'm so sorry man, wish there was something I could do for you.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Your condolences are fine enough. Thanks, man. Anywho, this was still difficult for me to play, but I think I was doing a bit better this time around. I'll pop in for another next time after things go back to normal again.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I played bad sorry marshy, open to any tips even tho I like town more

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Good stuff town!

Apologies to everyone again for my absence Day 2. Vacation and mafia do not mix.

Congrats Adum on your engagement. Care to share the details?

My condolences on your loss, Vinyl.

Shout outs later.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
btw props to maven for coming up with the idea for this. feel like this room has a LITTLE bit of life. not much. but hearts beating

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i wanted to kill adum for trying to goad me into reading the game

he always does that to my slot

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
1. Red Ryu

Sorry for lynching you buddy! I did not have much of a bead on you and due to the activity it seemed more like you were phoning in your scum-hunting. Plus latching onto Vinyl seemed like you were trying to make him an easy target to lynch and I had a very strong town read on him. Hopefully I can go a game sometime where you and I are not trying to hang a noose on each other.

Also message me about that thing if you find yourself having time.

2. Marshy

Dude, our dead chat though. (Finally won a bet against you too!) As I said when I messaged you, good move killing me. It did end up being the final nail in your coffin once adumb placed all the pieces together, but still it bought ya time. Hopefully next game we can be on the same side, I prefer that much more than having to gun after ya.

Always a pleasure bro.

3. Ranmaru

<3 Sorry buddy, once I realized that you were not being honest in your scum-hunting and just trying to be the mask of townMaru, I couldn't let you live on D1. Still fun as ever playing with ya man.

4. Vinylic

Fun playing with ya as always Vinyl. Sorry about your loss buddy. Keep at it playing mafia and things because you are always a reliable player in game and I appreciate that immensely.

5. Adumbrodeus

It was cool to be playing with you again Adumb! Glad that we were able to turn the lynch away from you and keep ya alive D1. That seemed to be a good thing since you finished off the game for town in LyLo. It was fun playing with you on D2 and continuing to do work for town. Hit me up sometime in my PMs and let's catch up.

6. Xatres

Why tunnel so hard? ;_; Literally that is the only thing I recall from you this game was that you tunneled Ro from your first post until you died. It was quite hard to work around or with especially because I disagreed with you which led me to be on your scum-list. However, because of your tunnel I was able to town-read Ro and had I been alive D3, I was planning on fighting you for lynch control to lynch Marshy the next Day-Phase.

7. Ro Laren/Sparky

This slot was one of my favorites this game. I felt so bad for them throughout the entire game. I honestly town read them pretty early and they were just dogged on all game. You both did a great job, it just seemed town was against ya this game. I wonder how event would have turned out had Ro not voted Xatres and incurred his tunnel. Good play overall and you did have very good instincts. You also nailed Ranmaru very early and I apologize that no one else really gave you the credit you deserved for that lynch.

Sparky, thanks for coming into the game and I see the work you put into this game when you did try to make a comeback for the slot. The town got lazy on your slot and also just seemed stagnant towards changing their minds. You did make a good effort and honestly your lynch had nothing to do with your play, just stubbornness from others.

9. Kary

Fun playing with you Kary! We did not really interact much this game, yet it was still fun to be in another game with you.

Mod: Maven

Thank you very much for hosting this game! It gave DGames a bit of life that it needed and also some old faces came back for it which was fun to see. Sorry that the activity was not exactly as you wanted, but it is definitely a start.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Yeah I played bad sorry marshy, open to any tips even tho I like town more
ran

think about how OBNOXIOUS you are as town

you want to kno EVRRYONES alignment at once and evrry. single. ****ing. reason. for evry. single. thing. they. do. i cant leave the thread to take a **** without you grilling me about it

you try to make this happen by 500 posting picking at everything and demanding they explain themselves to you. youre HUNGRY. there was no hunger here

im not gonna lie. i think your town play hurts the town atm. when i was scum in the sf game i laid back and let town kick you in the balls cuz they were so disoriented by it. your hyper posting often leads to "evrryone react tonranmaru" and by leading people into responses you taint their reactions cuz they get in the habit of responding to you instead of posting on their own initiative. you also get into a habit of trying to force ppl to update their reads all the time. stop that. let ppl post what they post and if they arent updating their reads then just push/lynch them instead of giving scum a blueprint to improve their play. im not saying never ask for updated reads i just mean its good to sit back and see if ppl do it on their own ya kno. you gotta lay out traps for scum. telling ppl why theyre scum is a thing that happens way too often tho not just you. i also feel like you take in too much information from the mass amount of interactions you preserve and it can lead to info overload hurting your focus. the only person ive seen pull off the style youre shooting for well is ryker in his prime and that wasnt easy and mu ppl but thats on a site where meta is vastly different. your style works great on mu where thats common and youre great at getting yourself townread but id bet youd greatly improved if you SAT BACK AND WATCHED every once in a while. i promise it will b eye opening. do you and i dont mean this in aby condescending way but you asked for advice and having played with/against you as both alignments these are my honest thoughts on how to become better. youre vastly improved since i came across you 5 years ago

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Shout-outs!

1. Red Ryu

Sorry I wasn't around D2 to try to halt your lynch. I was definitely getting town-RR vibes, especially from the end of D1 onward.

2. Marshy

Day 3 I was lying about still town-reading you. By the time we were halfway through the day, I realized that you getting to L-1 on Day 1 could have been entirely coincidental, so it didn't really work in your defense anymore. However, I wasn't keen on tipping you off that anyone other than Adum was on to you. I knew if Ro flipped town, then it would most likely be me, you, and vinyl in LyLo, but I wanted to leave you with at least some temptation to take me and Adum there with you.

3. Ranmaru

GG's. I'm very curious what was up with your play concerning Ro's slot. Looking at the scum quicktopic, it doesn't look like you were trying to deliberately incriminate Ro. Why not drop the vote on her? Why jump onto Adum of all people? It might help you improve your scum game to consider your mindset towards the end there.

4. Vinylic

Forever null. I always feel like I never get enough out of you to get a solid read when we play together. That said, great job helping town clutch out the win in the end. Next time we play together I will probably be pushing you to give us more throughout the game. Sorry again for your loss.

5. Adumbrodeus

Bro-fist. I know you are self-conscious about your cassandra tendencies, but I think you played well this game -- other than continually offering to die. Play with a bit more confidence and think of your pushes as strategies to get information, rather than "crap, I was wrong, I must suck" and I think you'll have an easier time. Great job putting the case against Marshy together.

7. Ro Laren

I was going to say no hard feelings for tunneling you all game. But leaving when the heat was on was not cool.

As far the tunneling goes, it's what I do and you shouldn't take it personally. I have a hard time getting anyone on board with my scumreads unless I make a HARD push, so I do tend to tunnel once my mind's made up. That, on top of the fact that I was trying to play more aggressively this game (my style is usually more patient), made you probably the biggest tunnel I've ever done. The good news is that my aggression at least managed to produce a lot of interactions surrounding our conflict, giving players a chance to either incriminate or clear themselves.

7.5. Spak

Thanks for subbing in and playing your best, despite all the negative push-back on my part. After how Ro was playing, I felt like I HAD to clear your slot, because you bet your britches Marshy would have left us both alive in LyLo to secure victory.

8. Jay

As usual, I had no idea how to read your slot.

9. Kary

You did a great job playing the town game and earned yourself a N1 NK as a reward. It was fun playing with you. Maybe let Adum do his gambit next time. :p

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
xat

i killed you cuz you/adum had synergy throughout the game and i figured yall would work together to off me. youre a good player

i SHOULD have no killed and forced mylo. if yall had no lynched id continue no killing. that would have been the better play but eh even then very possible im sunk anyway

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i felt townies consistently suspect me over time as the game progressed. i think this also happens when im town but ehhh i think yalls scum senses were tellin you guys something

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
xat

i killed you cuz you/adum had synergy throughout the game and i figured yall would work together to off me. youre a good player

i SHOULD have no killed and forced mylo. if yall had no lynched id continue no killing. that would have been the better play but eh even then very possible im sunk anyway
You mean we were that close to having a 'and they lived happily ever after'? I've always wanted to do that!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
5. Adumbrodeus

Bro-fist. I know you are self-conscious about your cassandra tendencies, but I think you played well this game -- other than continually offering to die. Play with a bit more confidence and think of your pushes as strategies to get information, rather than "crap, I was wrong, I must suck" and I think you'll have an easier time. Great job putting the case against Marshy together.
It was calculated though haha.

I knew that making people feel like I was a genuine townie who lost his place in the game was pretty much my only way to survive so I went for it, you know as an actual townie that lost his place in the game lol.

While I was willing to make the exchange for some change at winning the game, I was hoping that the result would be that the gambit would create the necessary pressure to lynch Ro that phase while getting me townread enough to kill marshy if I had to.

It was most comparable to what I did in "we need a 5th" mafia that marshy ran, however I didn't play it that well that time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks Marshy I'll deff consider what you said especially as town

Xatres Xatres I targetted Ro because that's what I'd do as town, vote new person for reaction/interaction. That's all that was.

Adum was just a null I was fine with lynching but obv I wasn't trying hard to find scum cuz I was scum hehe

Top Bottom