• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Mafia

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i didnt kill xatres doe. why would i do that

and my reads developed on j and you throughout the game. sure yall were town but i feel i was justified all things considered

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
It's actually pretty hilarious, I could potentially be convinced of scumxatres in retrospect, vinyl definitely could've been convinced of scumxatres.

Choosing to depend on my cassandra tendencies ended up being the worst call assuming I'm right.
do you not think id pick up on this as scum?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Your reads on J and me were heavily predicted on refusal to accept from multiple sources (including after one was flipped town) that I was gonna die in the lynch d1 and while xatres argued against it J turned the momentum.

No, I couldn't see that.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
do you not think id pick up on this as scum?
Both me and Xatres looked bad in case of Ro townflip.

Vinyl was opaque as hell about his feelings last game day, I'm literal cassandra.

Xatres is still quite intelligent and can actually argue, he would've been cautious and possibly figured you out.

Putting all your eggs in one basket and trying to convinced the confused townie vinyl to vote me was probably the smartest call based on the info you had, it just ended up being the worst one in practice.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
adum im really not scum man. i appreviate all the theory but youre barking up the wrong tree

ever read 1 of those games with 3 man lylo and the guy who looked townie all game is actially the scum? this is one of those games

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I predicted you'd kill Xatres if you were scum btw, taking into account everyone's feelings I thought trying to convince vinyl to quicklynch me was by far the best move.

Knowing this I should've participated earlier but I was kinda distracted by things like having a brand new fiancé.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
and it totally isn't outsider of your scumrange to have ranmaru make up a fake wagon that you know would disintegrate with the lightest touch then bus him so you could ride the clear. You're a yolo player, that type of gambit is right up your ally.

Doubt you predicted that ryu would jump on or that I was willing to quickhammer though.

Funny thing is, if you hadn't been so lazy I would've followed you through the very gates of hell.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
anyway I'm locked in my room with a 2 hour Schubert playlist and rereading before making my decision, hoping to get done about 6 cause I have work tonight.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i did not increase my scumpool. i took off xat + vinyl and even repented on j d1 and going after you who was largely townread

at any rate itd b cool if you voted vinyl today

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I can't think of much right now the vote was just from what I thought would happen. If marshy was killed, I def would've voted xat.

If no one was killed, I would have wanted marshy or xat in lynchpool.
If xat was killed, I would have voted marshy.

Adumb would've been left alive as well as I. Marshy stated it wouldn't have been comfortable for xat/vin in lylo with adumb if he were killed. Xat was killed because of scum taking advantage of dumbtown, and this felt pretty familiar to one the games I've been in where I had to hammer.

I said I was gonna hammer, but screw it. This vote makes better sense to me because adumb has been doing nothing but scumhunting with those arguments, as well as even wanting to explain why he was doubting marshy.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i think i did as good as i could given the circumstances and resigning to being lazy

gj town. wanted to forfeit after rans d1 play

and now j gets to choose my avy cuz we bet whoever lost would have to wear an avy chosen by the other. ****

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
also now town knows my horrible secret, that if I think I can get away with it I'll always kill marshy n1, barring PR reads or him being obviously protected.

Wait, doesn't pretty much everyone else do that too?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
eh. i usually get killed n2. if i hav a ****ty game ill live longer tho. have at least couple where i play well and live to endgame anyway tho thatll b due to doc fear

yo how bout dem frantic acting skills in lylo doe?

Maven89

Smash Master
I was worried the game would be unbalanced, since the setup gave advantage to the mafia, but everyone managed to work together to solve it. Day 1 was the best town play I've seen in a while, everyone gave obvious town tells. No night roles seemed to result in a better day 1, but then people's laziness and no night actions to spice things up resulted in lazier day 2.Things kicked up again, and I'd like to see another no-pr game at some point

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Well then, I was way off lol. Thanks for playing guys, that was fun. Kinda surprised that Vinyl wasn't NK'd, but bravo to Marshy for good scum play. It was unfortunate that I got subbed into a dead role, but I'm glad I at least was able to give input into the game before breathing my last breath.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
but you all played pretty good. kary nearly won the game d1 by wagoning me

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
eh. i usually get killed n2. if i hav a ****ty game ill live longer tho. have at least couple where i play well and live to endgame anyway tho thatll b due to doc fear

yo how bout dem frantic acting skills in lylo doe?
It was really awesome, you'd convince a ton of townies with that, like Asdioh and kantrip in this game... #stillsalty lol

But not me lol

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I was worried the game would be unbalanced, since the setup gave advantage to the mafia, but everyone managed to work together to solve it. Day 1 was the best town play I've seen in a while, everyone gave obvious town tells. No night roles seemed to result in a better day 1, but then people's laziness and no night actions to spice things up resulted in lazier day 2.Things kicked up again, and I'd like to see another no-pr game at some point
Real talk, it was unbalanced. The reason we won is that ranmaru played terribly and marshy played below his usual standard.

No pr games are super pro mafia by design because having no night control whatsoever means that scum completely dictates the pace of the game. In a no pr game I advocate a 4 lynch buffer instead of a three lynch one.

But was fun!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well then, I was way off lol. Thanks for playing guys, that was fun. Kinda surprised that Vinyl wasn't NK'd, but bravo to Marshy for good scum play. It was unfortunate that I got subbed into a dead role, but I'm glad I at least was able to give input into the game before breathing my last breath.
Dude, no lie you were so boss, you played your heart out when you were effectively a dead slot. Even if you were wrong you're a bro *brofists*

Can't believe Ro replaced out like that, it was a really asshole thing to do.

Top Bottom