• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Mafia

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
this wagon is whack

js is from rvs. karys i guess is gut/poe. rans i presume is for lack of content. ruys is the same im guessing

i really think yall just expect me to push a big wagon d1 and when i dont just call me scum

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
For what it's worth, I am surprised by how this suddenly gained traction.

I will post more a bit later, unless I literally fall asleep accidentally.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
when do i give reads that arent scum

ive mostly posed questions and tried to force stances from people which will make things easier after a scumflip

youve stated that both j and i are acting out of expectations and i doubt you think were buddies. you are doing the same thing he did to me earlier of "kary/marshy do more" except with j

what do you expect

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Pretend for the time being that we lynch Ro Laren and they flip town. How would you react then?
Is it reasonable for you to expect some backlash from the lynch? Is there anyone else you are looking at?
I would obviously be very disappointed in myself for tunneling.

Yes, backlash would be expected and deserved.

No, I haven't looked at anyone else too closely, which I need to rectify (because right or wrong, I have been tunneling). I will do some rereading today and try to get more posts up tonight on my thoughts. I'll be sure to take a good look at marshy, since he's at L-1 and I'd like to get my thoughts in before someone hammers.

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
Marshy it may be beneficial for you to argue an alternative direction. Is there any reason that you're voting Ranmaru?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Unvote

#HBC | J #HBC | J you had Ro Laren's "tag along" vote on Xatres as "weird" but your read after the dust settled you put Xatres as more likely scum because of "over-confidence". So it seems like you changed your mind- what changed?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
of my wagon i wouldnt lynch kary. i dont THINK id lynch j either but am less sure on him. ran i expected to be way more active earlier in the game and when he voted me i knew he was wrong and looked bad cuz of his earlier lack of participation. he has also pushed you which i think at least 1 scum is doing as detailed before. ruy i dont like either actually. hes usually MUCH MORE cautious d1 especially towards my slot and his bravado strikes me as odd

im leaning towards you being innocent atm. i think one of the scum was reaching for low hanging fruit (not that youre unskilled. but youre new here and people may just perceive you as such) in pushing you but came up short. adum and xat have been chillin on your slot all damn day

that leaves vinyl. he kind of just looks lost to me. bigger fish to fry

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm not going to tell you my town reads. The only players that benefit are scum. It's enough for you to know who I think are scum, who I'm voting for, and who I'm willing to lynch.
Who else are you looking at being scum other than Ranmaru? I feel like you have been focusing a lot of attention towards him.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
of my wagon i wouldnt lynch kary. i dont THINK id lynch j either but am less sure on him. ran i expected to be way more active earlier in the game and when he voted me i knew he was wrong and looked bad cuz of his earlier lack of participation. he has also pushed you which i think at least 1 scum is doing as detailed before. ruy i dont like either actually. hes usually MUCH MORE cautious d1 especially towards my slot and his bravado strikes me as odd.
what makes you lean town on J and what makes you have reservations?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
well

j does this thing where he gives out town reads like candy. his progression from explaining the ro/xat conflict as having not the best reasoning to then calling them both town doesnt make sense to me but its the kind of **** i expect from j. he also mentioned some gut read on ran/vinyl being town and wouldnt lynch them as well. i GUESS i get where he was coming from with vinyl (i am also subscribing to the "vinyl is just lost" worldview atm but it took me longer to get there) though even that i think was too early to give and idk why hes townreading ran. i admit he can do the same as scum (scum give easy town reads all the time) but it just seemed unnecessary to do at the time and i can see jtown handing out town reads like candy

as for reservations well the dude has had his vote on me all day and while he has pressured me his play has been underwhelming. he has no scum reads. the "lol why are you guys still voting me?" thing when it was clear they were just lazy rvs vote/lolwagon disgusted me. it got worse cuz conveniently he managed to have all the people who voted him (you/me/ruy) on his null list (and adum. but its adum. everyone will prolly have him as null unless he lynches scum) which i just think is whack

basically i have a TINY preference for j being innocent but its by a hair. he looks better than the people ive taken issue with. but i can see myself being wrong on him too. i dont think id lynch him today considering what ive said about other slots

Maven89

Smash Master
Vote Count

Ro Laren (2): Adumbrodeus, Xatres

Ranmaru (2): Ro Laren, Marshy

Marshy (3) : J, Ranmaru, Red Ryu

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is 5/30 at 11:59PM CT

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
read my posts boi

its hard to do things when most of your scumpool is quiet and its a holiday weekend

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ro Laren Ro Laren

1. I re-read your posts before I answered that question, and I don’t see those as being pro-active.
2. He hadn’t done anything else, but he had answered me after doing more things.
3. I like to keep my posts neat. More detailed answer below.

Your posts come off as reactive. Your Xatres vote only comes out after Marshy pushes people to vote, not before. Your ISO on me only comes after J asks you about me. You mention the reads being formed too early but you never asked me that when you voted Xatres along with me, you just made a stocker joke. I didn’t consider Red Ryu to be serious about his J vote, but I just dropped it and observed him. I liked his actions so far, and I would expect him to have less motivation as scum. Xatres voted Maven, plus brought out a case on you and sit on you confidently. Those are two actions that can garner attention to him which is not what scum want. They want to look good, and this isn’t helping him to that end.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Red Ryu, thoughts on Ro Laren v Ranmaru?

I want to see Adumbro's and Xatre's thoughts on the whole cast + recent events.

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
Who else are you looking at being scum other than Ranmaru? I feel like you have been focusing a lot of attention towards him.
Attention is focused toward him because the other players that stand out aren't posting. I'd put my vote on any of these three today:

Ranmaru stands out to me above every one else. Every time he responds to me, the more I see he is trying to hold onto a story rather than to actually figure out the game.

Adum hasn't shown any promise of activity. I think it would be a good idea to lynch him in order to get rid of an unknown variable.

I get the sense that Xatres is being dishonest. His last post looks like pandering. His posts taken as a whole look like an act. I think he was trying to promote a wall battle with me with a ludicrous argument that would've distracted town.

Ro Laren Ro Laren

1. I re-read your posts before I answered that question, and I don’t see those as being pro-active.
2. He hadn’t done anything else, but he had answered me after doing more things.
3. I like to keep my posts neat. More detailed answer below.

Your posts come off as reactive. Your Xatres vote only comes out after Marshy pushes people to vote, not before. Your ISO on me only comes after J asks you about me. You mention the reads being formed too early but you never asked me that when you voted Xatres along with me, you just made a stocker joke. I didn’t consider Red Ryu to be serious about his J vote, but I just dropped it and observed him. I liked his actions so far, and I would expect him to have less motivation as scum. Xatres voted Maven, plus brought out a case on you and sit on you confidently. Those are two actions that can garner attention to him which is not what scum want. They want to look good, and this isn’t helping him to that end.
Those are fair points to me being reactive, but you're still not taking into account posts that show independent investigation on my part. You're telling yourself a story and only using evidence that supports that story.

You're basically saying that Xatres is Too Wolfy to be a Wolf. You're admitting that his play is scummy...and calling him town for it. At best it should be Wine in Front of Me. Occam's Razor would say that he's just scum. I don't at all think that a townie would be so confident that he is toooown, like you are.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Any of your own effort that had not been prodded, have not really been productive. Such as your questioning towards Kary or Red Ryu. Yet I cover this in my read on you, saying that you don't really have much of a direction, but can understand it may be because you are confused from the switch from the other mafia place you play at and here. I do think your recent questioning towards me are much better than your questions early game.

I don't use Occamz Razor. I'm thinking about Xatre's intend behind his actions. I'm not simply thinking about if he looks scummy or not. I'm looking at why he is posting the way he is, to look at his motivation. To see if his posting comes off as a town mindset or scum mindset. So again, the two factors I talked about don't line up with scum motivation, but rather town motivation. We disagree, a townie can be confident on a read, town or scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That is all I will say in regards to this. I want others to comment on our back and forth.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Working on my reread. Post coming in an hour or two. Unless I'm too tired, in which case it'll come some time tomorrow.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yo, catching up. I low key completely forgot about this due to closing a show and multiple parties. I'll have a post tonight or tomorrow morning when I get into my office.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
surely this is this true of 50% of the playerlist?

In what way do you think that marshy is 'hiding' ?
I have very little on Marshy right now, like almost nothing outside of a slight push on J.

I don't like how J responded to it but Marshy playing how he has really irks me because I feel no real push from him.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
ruy how are you wondering why ran is pushing me when youre doing it yourself

fyi ive been looking at adum/xat for a while now and ran was waiting to see if hed be more active. i was waiting for them to all post more but it never happened

i hate that im expected to make a push when there is jack**** but others are okay. smh

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Missed some questions last time I wrote an actual post:

Xatres Xatres

you mentioned finding it scummy that ro initially ignored you. can you plz expand on why you found it scummy? is there any reason he would do it as town BESIDES wanting to be snarky?
It's a scumtell I've noticed many times playing mafia, and it holds up consistently. Ignoring pressure is easier than trying to defuse it, especially when its coming from just one player. A townie has -zero- reason to ignore someone's case on them. The whole goal (especially day 1) is to have lots of interactions for people to use to sort out who's scum and who isn't.

That's another reason that when I do finally come down on a player, I try to come down as hard as I can. You can get away with ignoring a "blah blah blah scum-lean" kind of case, but when someone drops three different pieces of evidence on you and swears their vote to you and you alone, it's in town's best interest that you dissuade this person.

The only person who benefits from Ro ignoring that kind of pressure is Ro.

Hmm, This does puzzle me.

Can you show me the misrepresentations with ran?

unvote
Basically Ran placed a vote on me saying that my Maven vote was less useful than voting a player. We went back and forth briefly on the usefulness of a non-player vote. Marshy pushed people to start placing votes, then Ro comes out with a vote on me saying that she agreed with Ran, because a vote for a non-player is no vote at all. Further posts by Ro laid it on thick that she felt my vote was a complete waste.

The issue was that Ran never said my vote was a waste. He never said it was the equivalent of a non-vote. Simply that he thought it might be more useful to vote a player.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Reads!

Xatres (confirmed)
Kary (town - genuine scumhunting, high activity, no scumtells)
Adumbrodeus (town-lean - gut feels)
Vinylic (town-lean - gut feels)
Red Ryu / J , Marshy (null - historically have trouble reading them early game)
Ranmaru (scum lean - possible scummate for ro laren -- their interactions have been very busy with very little substance -- feels like an attempt to distance is Ro gets lynched)
Ro Laren (scum - for previously stated reasons)

Top Bottom