• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Mafia

Maven89

Smash Master
Kids these days are too busy drinking beer and stealing sandwiches to play mafia

I'm working late today, updated vote count in the morning

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is 11.59 CT Tuesday 30th May

Name (Votes) - Voting
Ro Laren (2) - Adumbrodeus, Xatres
Red Ryu (1) - Vinylic.
Xatres (2) - Ro Laren, Ranmaru
Marshy (1) - J
J (3) - Red Ryu, Marshy, Kary

Not Voting (0)

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Two or three days ago I was pleasantly surprised to get up in the morning and see maybe a whole page of posts.
Since then it's been pretty thin on the ground. I could whine and moan some about how disappointing that is, but really, I don't feel like becoming invested in a game for the sake of it- if the rest of you don't have the time and energy to play then this will just wither and die of its own accord.
I don't really know why I'm posting now to be honest. My expectations are pretty much what they have always been- that people will check into the thread pretty much every day, and add as much of their thoughts as they can bring to bear. And I realize that I don't know different people's situations, or their commitments. But I guess I'm just disappointed.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ro Laren:

I don’t see a real direction with her, she is being a bit passive. I find her looking at my slot when asked about it concerning. I can understand that she may be confused how to play here, but I want to see her reads and a vote. Null, need more from her.

Xatres:

I think Xatres is townie for bringing out a case on Ro laren as soon as possible. I don’t think scum would bring that much confidence so soon and just sit on it. I want to know his thoughts on the rest of the cast though.

Red Ryu:

His entrance was underwhelming, but I liked his continued presence in the thread, trying to sort people. He’s lean town.

Kary:

Lean town. I like his questioning towards Ro Laren, and his initiative towards voting Marshy and being disappointed in the inactivity. I also like his questioning to J about his ‘weird’ stance on Ro Laren.

Vynil:

Null-town. He seems genuine, and is scumhunting in his own way. I can’t really get much from that, though. I want to know where he stands with the whole player list to have a better understanding.

Marshy:

Null. He has been pushing discussion along, but I'd expect him to have a vote down by now. I want to see more from him.

Adum:

Null. I would like to see a full reads list from him so I can develop a read from him.

J:

I initially had J as null in early game since he interacted with marshy but did nothing to progress the early game. I liked him asking others to chat, which was pro-active, and I agree with Kary that it is more likely to be null. I would probably give him town points if he gave his opinions first before doing so. So I still have J as null.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
adumbrodeus adumbrodeus : Who else is scum? Can you provide a reads list?
@Marshy: What’s your scum pool? I want your reads.
@Vinyl: What’s up? I want you to give some reads on the player list, and a vote.
@J: I want you to play a vote down. It’s time to start consolidating.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want people to give full reads list, and start consolidating.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I haven't thought enough to make reads atm. Despite all these years, I think I'm being the same as usual again. I don't think there's much point on keeping my vote on ryu, but I'm keeping him as null in the meantime.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vinyl if you need help we can talk post game. Mafia theory and all that jazz. All that matters for now is that you try.

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
Ranmaru,

1. Why do you find me looking at your slot when asked concerning?
  2. Why don't you think scum would sit on a single read?
  3. What gives you the impression that Red Ryu is trying to sort people?
  4. Do you have any more thoughts or concerns about Adum?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. It shows you are being reactive rather than proactive, that is why.
2. Hard to fake all that as early as he did and to sit there would go against scum win condition.
3. He's currently conversing with Xatres to understand his perspective. #170, #178, #200
4. No.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ro Laren: What is your read on J, Kary, and Marshy? How do you read me now? Are you going to use your vote?

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
1. It shows you are being reactive rather than proactive, that is why.
2. Hard to fake all that as early as he did and to sit there would go against scum win condition.
3. He's currently conversing with Xatres to understand his perspective. #170, #178, #200
4. No.
1. Are there counter examples in my play that show me being proactive rather than reactive? Or do all of my posts look reactive?
2. You don't think sitting on a vote and not progressing the the game goes with scum's win condition?
3. What are the differences between Red Ryu's play and J's play? Your reasoning suggests that you should town lean J.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. No.
2. No. That is simply anti-town. More likely to be town than scum doing that.
3. Meta.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. What is your actual reads on them? Null or Town and why?
2. Explain your vote.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Marshy I'm going to need you to explain your scum pool.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Cute. I am content with you going out of all my nulls right now. I don't get your FOS on Xat/Adum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going to sleep. I'll be training tomorrow morning and Tuesday morning, so I will be around in the evening both days. Good night.

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
1. What is your actual reads on them? Null or Town and why?
2. Explain your vote.
I'm not going to tell you my town reads. The only players that benefit are scum. It's enough for you to know who I think are scum, who I'm voting for, and who I'm willing to lynch.

My thought process for voting you:

A.
Vote: Xatres

I'm on board with what Ranmaru said earlier. Every vote is informative, but voting a non-player is basically not voting at all.
Then how come you asked?
Could you explain more the difference between my post and WashedLaundry's post?
How come you haven't followed up with Red Ryu?
What is the vote count?

Red Ryu did you see my question earlier?
Could you explain more the difference between my post and WashedLaundry's post? What about thier post looked like it was from a scum point of view and what about my post looks like it is from a town point of view?
Could you explain why my post didn't look like it was coming from a scum pov?
Ranmaru,

1. Why do you find me looking at your slot when asked concerning?
  2. Why don't you think scum would sit on a single read?
  3. What gives you the impression that Red Ryu is trying to sort people?
  4. Do you have any more thoughts or concerns about Adum?

All of these posts are counter evidence to the reactive rather than proactive statement. I don't think you are looking at me objectively or trying to figure out my alignment. You are either scum or don't care enough to put the effort into figuring it out.

B. Your play is very dead-like. It has the shell of a townie, but the spirit is missing. Your questions and prodding are empty with no follow up. I don't feel at all like you really care about the responses you'll get. This stood out to me when you asked Red Ryu if his J vote was serious. There wasn't any reason to think it was serious. You never followed up with him when he said it was serious. What was the point of asking? You said you wanted to engage with him, but you haven't talked to him since.

C.
2. No. That is simply anti-town. More likely to be town than scum doing that.
You're so sure about this, but there isn't any evidence to support it. Xatres's alignment can go either way based on this. It's Wine In Front of Me, but you're assinging it townie and refusing to see how it can be the opposite. This is another case that shows you aren't being objective or trying to figure out alignment. Instead you're making sure that your responses are consistent with your previous responses. I think this is to avoid looking like you've contradicted yourself.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Could you explain more the difference between my post and WashedLaundry's post? What about thier post looked like it was from a scum point of view and what about my post looks like it is from a town point of view?
Washedlaundry post something only scum could say, "is this right" he knew it wasn't scummy and pushed it. Listen right and town are not the same thing, people will post stupid stuff. Him saying right was a tell, you didn't do this. That was my tell for you vs laundry.

Top Bottom