• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Mafia

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
don't take that as alignment indicative, scum adum would probably do that to deflect a lynch if he thought he'd been shut out of the game too.

I ****ed up, only thing I really found to engage on required some cooperative pressure and I didn't figure out anything I could really engage on that would work in spite of an inevitable kary shutdown attempt, that's on me. I played poorly.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Not much, I've been largely silent not for lack of trying. Haven't really found threads I thought would be productive to tug at, I admit poor headspace of that game might've played into that. I don't like Ro Lauren, I like Xaltres, I don't like marshy. That's pretty much it at this point.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright. Same reasoning for Ro Laren or anything new? Talk to me about Marshy, this is a new one from you and I'd like to see what your reasoning for that is.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ran, I was pretty explicit on what I was talking about in my interaction with Kary and when I explained to marshy.

The issue is it's completely NAI because she played very similarly in filmcow with a town control priority which explicitly overruled other people trying to develop info.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ro was based on her RVS seeming highly uncomfortable and forced, I wanted to pressure wagon her so I could see what popped out, I had no way to force an interaction and nothing concrete on her so she was able to pretty much able to ignore me which is what happened.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I was flat out wrong on marshy actually, I completely misunderstood the development of his thoughts. He deserves a town lean there actually.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm fine with Adum going today but I'm also fine compromising on Ro Laren/J. Mostly POE.

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
Vote Count

Ro Laren (2): Adumbrodeus, Xatres

Ranmaru (2): Ro Laren, Marshy

Adumbrodeus (2): Kary, Ranmaru

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is 5/30 at 11:59PM CT

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Yeah, lynching Adum is not the play today. We have VERY little to learn from that flip.

Adum, don't just roll over and die. There's plenty of this game to be played.

I honestly think the lynch pool right now should be Ro Laren, Ran, or myself. I think there's plenty to learn from all of our flips.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Ran has been putting literally anyone BUT Ro at the top of his lynch pool for awhile now. By the content of his posts, she should be at the top of his list. Instead his vote seems to go to whoever the most viable non-Ro lynch target seems to be at the time.

Keeping her hovering at #2 reads like he wants to lay the groundwork to bus her if need be, but doesn't want to fully commit to it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm giving Ro some space as I don't see scum intent, rather bad play from a player who isn't well adjusted. Yet I'm fine compromising to her after a slot that I don't have a solid bead on, since I'm not that sure on her slot either. I also do not think you should be lynched today at all. Have you even analyzed me on my play instead of simply my interaction with Ro, Bro?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Xatres Xatres

This is less a "roll over and die" and more a "I have pretty much nothing to offer at the moment and there's no functional defense of my actions cause I couldn't even get started". Plus I'm heading to work very shortly.

Ya I'd be glad to stick around and hopefully be in a better position to do things next dayphase due to flips but it's not realistic to expect that in this position, especially given that this is way below my average level of play.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Honestly, they are pretty convincing and also with seeing Adumb's posts makes me feel they are sincere. I feel like Ran has been dodging more and just throwing more things out there then it actually seems.

Vote: Ranmaru

Yeah, this feels better. Sorry I'm late. Today literally drained me at work, but I feel Ranmaru would be better than Adumb because it just seems more likely that he'd flip town at this juncture.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
im here

1 more vote on ran. who is here? deadlines like an hour and a half or two. i will b here for a little bit

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
will switch if necessary but if someone offwagon wants to finish lynch feel free

ah. nothin like dat good ol last minute dgames procrastinator lynch

also join my large games you jerks i promise it will b baller af and some of the most fun youll have playing mafia

swag out

Maven89

Smash Master
Vote Count

Ro Laren (2): Adumbrodeus, Xatres

Ranmaru (4): Marshy, J, Red Ryu, Ro Laren

Adumbrodeus (2): Kary, Ranmaru,

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is 5/30 at 11:59PM CT (1.5 hours)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
swag

clearly d2 we need to just not post until the last few hours of dayphase and play live mafia instead

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ninja'd, and J I appreciate I but I'd probably feel just as disappointed in my play if I were scum so this really is NAI.

Hopefully I'll get to actually do stuff proper next game day.

Maven89

Smash Master
Final Vote Count

Ro Laren (1): Adumbrodeus

Ranmaru (5): Marshy, J, Red Ryu, Ro Laren, Xatres

Adumbrodeus (2): Kary, Ranmaru

Ranmaru has been lynched! He was Mafia Goon. Night Phase, no more posting.

Night 1 will last for 24 hours or earlier if possible

Maven89

Smash Master
Kary, Vanilla Townie, has been night killed!

Day 2 begins! With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Wednesday (6/7) 11:59pm CT

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
*rubs chin thoughtfully* why Kary? Marshy feels like a town bro so I'd have expected them to go after him tonight and kary was being her usual frustrating and null self.

I need to check her interactions.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
swag

bbl at eod (end of day) for livemafia

forreal tho people off wagon are adum + vinyl. if its not one of them then scum bussed. i havent gotten a chance to look back through

adum you were the only one claiming kary as town (and j i think) but i felt like most of the thread was leaning town on him or at very least unlikely play. idk why it surprises you barring a lot of weight into me being the nk

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
swag

bbl at eod (end of day) for livemafia

forreal tho people off wagon are adum + vinyl. if its not one of them then scum bussed. i havent gotten a chance to look back through

adum you were the only one claiming kary as town (and j i think) but i felt like most of the thread was leaning town on him or at very least unlikely play. idk why it surprises you barring a lot of weight into me being the nk
Why would someone view him as scum in your eyes?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm very confused, because the person I had the most questions for was Kary. I have to say I agree with Adumb that the NK on him does not really make much sense.

Honestly, the only person I like at the current light of things would be Ro Laren. I need to figure out the rest of the cast, but I haven't re-read anything too in-depth besides a cursory glance at some posts I wanted to look at.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok, Ran/Ro interaction looks really weird and distancey on retrospect. Well looked weird before, but with a scumflip from ran I'm getting a distancing vibe.

Random marshy jump on by ran right after Kary, makes me decently confident of marshy town.

J and xatres interaction with my wagon makes pretty confident in them being townie.

Top Bottom