• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Brawl/Team Battle Signals

Variable

Smash Ace
Wow, shows how much I play with "anyone" lol. Fsmash.org is the way to go. Meet people to play 1v1's, 2v2's or just hangout with players. It's not serious like allisbrawl, just for fun.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Not to burst peoples bubbles, but unless this is universally known, it wont really work.

And to top it all off, the only people who would know this are already on smashboards and have read this thread. Meaning they already know everyone who knows this trick.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Yeah, I acknowledged that in the OP. I'd like this to spread so other people know of it after we're done figuring out a system.

...If we figure out a system.

arch knight

Smash Lord
you should make a cons list as well so people will know of the difficulties that may occur while doing each method. and dont just ask or repeat what has already been said and they can find it in the OP

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
If it works out here, we can go to other forums outside of SWF and spread it. But that's only if it works.
We can test it out with each other through wifi and see if we get all the numbers and stuff right. Also to keep changing and fixing so we could make it easy to work with. But that's just me.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
alot of people have different ways of communicating

just pay attention to their body language and you can pretty much get the jest of what they're thinking

Scarves

Smash Rookie
How about choosing Yoshi's Island (Melee) as the stage?

Since there are 9 of those spinning/pass-through blocks (3 in the left, right, and 3 as the bridge), just hit however many blocks you need for the number, then wait for the blocks to reset before going for the next one. Getting the number zero is still troublesome though.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
You could have the duck duck shorthop intro, then do a directional smash/attack that corresponds to the site you're from (AiB, SB, etc.)

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I'd be curious to see how this works. So, I'll try either Jab Counting or Meeting Place and give my opinions afterwards. I'll probably try Jab Counting more, since I have no clue what to do for Meeting Place and is probably a lot easier.

EDIT: I thought of an easier way for Ness and Lucas players when imputing their FC. Trying to form all the numbers with PK Thunder is harder, but if you're doing Jab Counting, you could use PK Thunder to make a circle in the air, indicating a 0. Otherwise, you would use Jab Counting for the other numbers.

It suffers from being character limited, but it may work.

DOUBLE EDIT: I curiously tried the duck-duck-jab, and the
Sonic in my party would do jabs, side Smash, and continue.
Sadly didn't understand what he meant. I was Saturn Ness and Darker Sonic.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Rather than trying to talk to each other only by character moves within 2 minutes, why don't we instead make a thread where you'd try to find the people you met on Basic Brawl.

Lets say you were a Snake on FD who found a Diddy Kong whos really good and you want to play them again, the match ends and then they're gone or you leave. Go to the thread and state that you were a Snake playing a good Diddy Kong on FD, and that smash balls were on. If the other person was good he/she probably goes on smashboards and check the thread themselves so there would be somewhat of a chance of meeting somebody who remembers the same kind of battle as you. They'd see your post and say "Hey! So you were that Snake I was playing against today"

It might not be that effective, but these battle signals aren't that much better.

I've had a couple recorded basic brawl matches on YT and some people commented that they remember being in those matches.

Shinja

Smash Apprentice
I actually dropped by here to see if such a thread existed. I figured SmashBoards would be the best place to look only to find that no such thread exists. @_@

I remember when I was really new to brawl, I'd check youtube's latest videos that involved basic brawl and the character I used to see if anyone uploaded a match with me in it. Unfortunately for me, I never found any, but I thought it was cool that people would upload anyway.

Earlier this evening, I was playing in Basic brawl to relax a bit and watch people play. I found this really awesome Snake who didn't seem to mind me sitting back. I'd jump in and help out if he had a couple people on his back, or if there was only one other player and a CPU.

Eventually, I got sick of looking like a loser in front of this guy with Samus, so I played my trusty main, Lucario. We soon got a couple players who were willing to stick around and fight, so, since no one ever likes to leave me in peace and sit off to the side, I decided to jump in and team up with the Snake player, who didn't seem to mind as long as I wasn't in his way. Eventually, I suppose the other two players decided they would team up with each other so it was like a Basic Brawl Team Battle with team attack on! My favorite!

I didn't wanna leave these guys since I was having so much fun(Aside from the one guy who decided it'd be fun to spam smashes all day haha) and I'm sure they were having a lot of fun too...But, I started to get hungry, and it got late too so I knew I'd have to leave. I didn't want to leave Snake either since he was such a good teammate. Unfortunately....I had to leave, and now I fear I'll never get to see that Snake man dude ever again. It really sucks since I don't really have anyone I can team properly with as of late and we were a pretty darn good team =D

So my point is....well 1) there should be a thread for people to see if they can find other basic brawlers they really enjoyed,
2) I'd like to thank those players (Snake mostly, then the dude who was playing Mario a lot along with Marth, EVEN the spammer guy who was a good sport and decided to team with the other person for fair teams) for the super fun games, AND
3) If any of you happen to be reading this....CONTACT ME PLEASE~ I would love to play with any of you again, especially Snake.

I saved tons of replays, so perhaps I can get them recorded and uploaded to Youtube. People like to look there for Basic Brawlers I know that much. I just....really want to find these guys T_T

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Hmm, I think it would be interesting to have a thread where people post videos of their basic brawls/Team Battle replays and try to find each other. Although I believe not many people would remember if it was them that was in the battle or not (I've seen a few vids and often times people play/act the same way as others do).

I think this was mention before, but it would be also very interesting to hack the game to see if the tags show or not in "With Anyone" mode, but I doubt it would work. =/

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Hmm, nah a hack like that doesn't exist and I don't think it ever will. :ohwell:

I think the whole just come here and ask thing is pretty much your best bet.

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I think it would be interesting to have a thread where people post videos of their basic brawls/Team Battle replays and try to find each other.

That would be a great idea. Even though BB/TB is filled with lots of triple teamers/taunt spammers lately, occasionally you'll find a group that plays it the way it's supposed to be played.

I had several matches tonight with 3 others (one of them a good G-dorf, and that's all he picked) in the wild waters of pirate ship having a spike fest for about an hour or so, and would love to get those 3 back together for more greatness :( Unfortunately I don't have the capability to upload to youtube from my wii

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I was the Ganondorf you were fighting in Team Battle!

That would be a great idea. Even though BB/TB is filled with lots of triple teamers/taunt spammers lately, occasionally you'll find a group that plays it the way it's supposed to be played.

I had several matches tonight with 3 others (one of them a good G-dorf, and that's all he picked) in the wild waters of pirate ship having a spike fest for about an hour or so, and would love to get those 3 back together for more greatness :( Unfortunately I don't have the capability to upload to youtube from my wii
Wow, what a coincidence! If you were part of the group that stayed together from about 10:50 pm to 11:30 pm EST, then yes, I was that Ganondorf that never switched. I had to register just now to respond because it is truly a small world.

In the first match, my Ganon was paired with an Ike playing against a Marth and a Wolf. Nearly the entire match was spent in the water in front of the ship. That was hilarious seeing all of us trying to spike one another. The next match was almost the same, but the Marth switched to Mr. Game & Watch. You guys also picked other characters like Captain Falcon, Zelda, Falco, Mario, Meta Knight, another Ganon, and possibly others that I am forgetting. I won nearly every match initially, until toward the end when I lost 4 in a row. After winning one more, two of the players left, and only the Meta Knight remained.

Unfortunately as others came and left, it eventually became too much of an item-fest for my tastes and the spirit of the (mostly) itemless Pirate Ship matches was gone. Which characters were you playing?

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
Wow, what a coincidence! If you were part of the group that stayed together from about 10:50 pm to 11:30 pm EST, then yes, I was that Ganondorf that never switched. I had to register just now to respond because it is truly a small world.

In the first match, my Ganon was paired with an Ike playing against a Marth and a Wolf. Nearly the entire match was spent in the water in front of the ship. That was hilarious seeing all of us trying to spike one another. The next match was almost the same, but the Marth switched to Mr. Game & Watch. You guys also picked other characters like Captain Falcon, Zelda, Falco, Mario, Meta Knight, another Ganon, and possibly others that I am forgetting. I won nearly every match initially, until toward the end when I lost 4 in a row. After winning one more, two of the players left, and only the Meta Knight remained.

Unfortunately as others came and left, it eventually became too much of an item-fest for my tastes and the spirit of the (mostly) itemless Pirate Ship matches was gone. Which characters were you playing?
Haha I had a feeling this would work. After the first boat match I figured the rest of my night would be spent on the pirate ship lol. I got lazy in the end with Samus and ROB (two people I can't spike well with) and had to leave early b/c of work in the morning. I used Snake, Ike, Kirby and Ganondorf most of the time. I was lol'ing at that one guy who kept falling for your side-B on the side of the boat (although I got stuffed a couple of times myself). GGs dude I'll have to 1v1 ya some time :cool:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Returning back to the original discussion of this thread...

Haha I had a feeling this would work. After the first boat match I figured the rest of my night would be spent on the pirate ship lol. I got lazy in the end with Samus and ROB (two people I can't spike well with) and had to leave early b/c of work in the morning. I used Snake, Ike, Kirby and Ganondorf most of the time. I was lol'ing at that one guy who kept falling for your side-B on the side of the boat (although I got stuffed a couple of times myself). GGs dude I'll have to 1v1 ya some time :cool:

Good games indeed. I apologize if I went a little off-topic by replying in this thread for my very first post here. The pure coincidence of this long-time lurker running into someone in random matches an hour later was just too uncanny to disregard. I will continue the discussion in the newly created thread by replying / quoting these posts in there instead from this point forward.

And to remain on-topic to the original discussion of this thread, I wholeheartedly agree that the numbers generated by G&W are the best way to go. Simply down taunt once after each successful digit. If you need a zero, use a shield since it is round like a zero, and follow with down taunt as with any other digit. In the case of my friend code, I have 3 repeating digits, so I would down taunt thrice after successfully generating a three, given the impossibility of repeating a digit and the time-consuming nature of getting that digit back over and over. I would then up taunt and side taunt (the bell taunts) to indicate that the entire sequence has been given out.

Actually getting others to do this is another story, though, as I would rarely think to deviate from actual fighting in good matches where everyone else is actually fighting as the game intended.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Good stuff on the BB/TB Friend Finders Sat, oh and link this thread in the OP as so everyone can see the various tell signs. G&W is cool but since we all agree on the Duck>Duck>Short-Hop as a sign to say "look for me and I'll look for you" and go to the Friend Finder thread, everyone should try to imply it next time you find someone online.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
It shall be done Senor Pinky. :evil:

Oh and it's fine Dave! At least you and Mutton found each other.
If this keeps up we might be able to make wifi a little easier :3
Welcome to the site. :)

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll start looking for the duck-duck-SH signals from now on. However, I will only acknowledge it from players who are actually brawling, or at least attempting to brawl. I'm not gonna squat several times to "make friends" and watch the other people do the same. It's boring, and besides, that's what spectator mode is for :)

fathertadpole

Smash Rookie
Thank you for this idea. My only internet is ps3 and wii so posting friend codes and searching message boards is extremely cumbersome. I have mostly been doing team battles to avoid taunt parties but now with this great idea I'll be lookin all over. I read every post, but it may be helpful to less patient ppl if you link that thread in the op like an earlier poster had said. So ppl who think its useless, no offense but you're wrong =) Probably going to play all day now. Again OPer, *thank you* (as well as everyone who helped refine the idea!)

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Thank you for this idea. My only internet is ps3 and wii so posting friend codes and searching message boards is extremely cumbersome. I have mostly been doing team battles to avoid taunt parties but now with this great idea I'll be lookin all over. I read every post, but it may be helpful to less patient ppl if you link that thread in the op like an earlier poster had said. So ppl who think its useless, no offense but you're wrong =) Probably going to play all day now. Again OPer, *thank you* (as well as everyone who helped refine the idea!)
I'm glad that you like the idea. You're welcome, though its use is probably not going to be very widespread. Welcome to SWF btw :)

Top Bottom