• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

What kind of moves you see? There are too many pages, I do not know if it's been debated.
Well anything Nintendo can come up with. I'm new to Banjo Kazooie so i'll give the Duo a try in Smash Bros once they are out!

Fakol

Smash Cadet
I played all Banjo Kazooie games.

My idea:

I think the B up will have 2 features, jump and flight.

For eggs, more you stay on the B button and more it's powerful eggs? (fire, grenade, ice, Kazooie Clockwork)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
(Sorry Steve, Sora, Doomguy, and Scorpion but you don't fit well into Smash Bros)
They can fit just fine if not perfectly into Smash and I'm sure people have made great movesets for the ones other than Steve whom I know people have made great movesets for. Not sure about Scorpion given stuff regarding Mortal Kombat's situation in Japan, but the other ones aren't anywhere near impossible and are just fine.

Steve himself already has a bit of history on Nintendo now, especially with how they embraced the game. Doomguy got his game on the SNES so he has even more history, but really this history point doesn't even matter. I understand if this is just your opinion, but don't push it as fact when it's not.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Must...resist...

Not...resisting...well...

New....Pokemon...trailer...

Think...of...Banjo...must...not...give...into...new...Pokemon...trailer...help...
There's nothing wrong with being excited about both.

Banjo-Kazooie DLC in the Fall will help tide us over until Pokemon Sword & Shield arrive during the holiday season come November.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Anyone could fit well into Smash Bros with enough creativity and wiggle room. Hell, you could stick Jonesy in here and he would still manage to fit in.

Compare this to Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, which somehow managed to have a roster that doesn't fit well, considering that cartoony and realistic elements clashed with each other at the same time, instead of everything having a relatively cartoony filter for both types of elements.

There's nothing wrong with being excited about both.

Banjo-Kazooie DLC in the Fall will help tide us over until Pokemon Sword & Shield arrive during the holiday season come November.
I'm disappointed that the middle evos for the starters still haven't been unveiled, but a brand-new final evo for Zigzagoon is pretty neato.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So I had a thought: since the Breegull Bash is Banjo & Kazooie's Side Smash, that means I can essentially kill someone by whacking them with Kazooie.

Death by Bird Whacking.

...Dear god, I love this game!

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
If BK and BT were ever remade, what's one major change youd make to the games?

Personally, I'd have them connect for one giant adventure. Tooie is essentially worlds 9-18 of BK anyways. The overworlds connect, and there was even a rumor/bit of evidence that shows that Grunty's lair was going to be playable in Tooie.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Personally, I'd have them connect for one giant adventure. Tooie is essentially worlds 9-18 of BK anyways. The overworlds connect, and there was even a rumor/bit of evidence that shows that Grunty's lair was going to be playable in Tooie.
Easy, incorporate that scrapped mechanic from Banjo X of her constantly hounding you throughout the games. Kind of like what Team Yell are gonna be doing.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Anyone could fit well into Smash Bros with enough creativity and wiggle room. Hell, you could stick Jonesy in here and he would still manage to fit in.

Compare this to Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, which somehow managed to have a roster that doesn't fit well, considering that cartoony and realistic elements clashed with each other at the same time, instead of everything having a relatively cartoony filter for both types of elements.

I'm disappointed that the middle evos for the starters still haven't been unveiled, but a brand-new final evo for Zigzagoon is pretty neato.
Not too surprised that they haven't been shown off yet as I'm expecting them to be revealed sometime in late September or October, I just hope Sobble's evolution line looks cool since he will be my starter of choice, Plus I'm a pretty patient person so it's no big deal to me, But yeah while I do like Zigzagoon and Lionne's Galar forms, I'm not entirely sold on their new final evolution design, But the good news is that we can expect more Galar forms and new evolutions for old favorites so that has me excited.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

Yep, as hackers found Gruntilda's Lair (Tower Room) in the game's files.

ze9

Smash Ace
I don't care about Sword and Shield. 2019 will be Link's Awakening and Doom Eternal for me.
Maybe Dragon Quest XI, too... and of course, lots and lots of Smash. I'm playing the classic Doom games now, they'll probably be enough to tide me over until Banjo releases.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I mainly only play 1st Party Nintendo games, But the only games I'm interested in this year were and is Yoshi's Crafted World and Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword & Shield (Most Anticipated).

Not a fan of Zelda and Fire Emblem so I don't care for Awakening and 3 Houses, Super Mario Maker 2 looks fun, But I'm too lazy to create levels.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't care about Sword and Shield. 2019 will be Link's Awakening and Doom Eternal for me.
Maybe Dragon Quest XI, too... and of course, lots and lots of Smash. I'm playing the classic Doom games now, they'll probably be enough to tide me over until Banjo releases.
I have my concerns about Doom Eternal actually releasing this year for Switch. Last they promoted it at E3, they didn't show any of the Switch footage, and the release was listed as "Coming Soon" instead of the initial, specific date on which it's releasing elsewhere.

Though if you're planning to get it on another platform, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Sora fits in smash perfectly ! cloud is in smash & cloud is in kingdom hearts ! Sora teams up with Wreck it Ralph & Ralph is friends with bowser & sonic & packman where in his movie so YEAH sora would feel right at home

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Everyone, real quick: Politicians are blaming video games for the two mass shootings. Nobody is buying it, not even when Trump said it. But, we all know that video games won't get banned, they're too afraid of losing money if they do so.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I played all Banjo Kazooie games.

My idea:

I think the B up will have 2 features, jump and flight.

For eggs, more you stay on the B button and more it's powerful eggs? (fire, grenade, ice, Kazooie Clockwork)
I really like both of those ideas. Since gold feathers are being incorporated, I'd hate to have that asymmetry with no red feathers (it's difficult to come up with a non-broken way to use red feathers, but after Hero there's no excuses :p). I like the idea of having five feathers, and for each small flap you lose one--one flap barely makes you jump, whereas five flaps or a beak bomb gives you the same height as some of the higher recoveries.

Eggs types would be nice to include to a lesser extent--I'd be fine if some are missing, but I like your idea that you're not mapping redundant egg types to different buttons, or it being completely random, but instead having control by charging it. I feel like if we're missing Clockwork Kazooie eggs that's a missed opportunity. Fire and ice are less so, but would be nice to have that elemental variety.

The only move I'd really like would be the Taxi Pack for their grab and throw--I like the idea of stuffing someone in Banjo's backpack, swinging them and throwing them. Much more than the example some give of using a N&B mechanics. I'm fine with small references here and there (like their taunt), but would rather it be a consistent moveset.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
:( Sorry for being off topic a lot. Just thought everyone wants to know the government is blaming video games again while we are so close to Banjo's return home. :( I am worried they might try to get them banned before the duo returns. :(

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
:( Sorry for being off topic a lot. Just thought everyone wants to know the government is blaming video games again while we are so close to Banjo's return home. :( I am worried they might try to get them banned before the duo returns. :(
They need to sit back, chill, and use their dang brains if they actually think videogames are causing evil idiots to do evil idiot things.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Everyone, real quick: Politicians are blaming video games for the two mass shootings. Nobody is buying it, not even when Trump said it. But, we all know that video games won't get banned, they're too afraid of losing money if they do so.
Jack Chick wasn't taken seriously, so there's no reason this won't be taken this seriously as well, let's please move along. I've seen enough politics in the Geno thread.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It's
It's not gonna happen dude, Don't worry so much about it, I don't want this thread to get dragged into politics and even if video games were to get banned, I imagine Rated M shooter titles would be the main focus not Nintendo games.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Video games have been blamed for shootings since Columbine, and sadly that probably won't change until a newer form of entertainment falls into the hot seat. But there are many steps between using something as a scapegoat and being able to go through the proper channels to ban it. It's just the classic tactic of diverting attention away from the real causes.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
It's

It's not gonna happen dude, Don't worry so much about it, I don't want this thread to get dragged into politics.
Sorry. :) Let's look to the future! Banjo's glorious return!

Video games have been blamed for shootings since Columbine, and sadly that probably won't change until a newer form of entertainment falls into the hot seat. But there are many steps between using something as a scapegoat and being able to go through the proper steps to ban it. It's just the classic tactic of diverting attention away from the real causes.
Sorry, I get worried easily by things like this.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
After the travesty that was Wolfenstein: Youngblood, I'm VERY cautiously optimistic about Doom Eternal.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sorry, I get worried easily by things like this.
I must admit, you had me worried, too, until the others said what they said, but there are many other reasons to do shootings, bad ones, mainly, and many other reasons why video games are not the reason. Now let's move on. No need to worry.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
The pessimist in me wants to say only time will tell. Unfortunately, our current President is kind of known for charging ahead with rash decisions, even when literally nobody is on his side. Worst case scenario it only takes one executive order for him to screw everything in the games industry up, even if it was only for the remainder of his term. Still, if that did happen, there'd be riots. I think we would see backlash the likes of which haven't been seen since the Prohibition, and quite frankly I'd be right there putting my voice in.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Right, let's get back on topic of our beloved duo! I am planning on getting Minecraft! When I do, my first major build: a giant statue tribute to our bear and bird!

It will have them in their pose from the end of their reveal trailer, with both the Smash Bros. symbol and Rare logo behind them, with the message: WELCOME HOME! above them spelled in diamond and gold blocks!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
The pessimist in me wants to say only time will tell. Unfortunately, our current President is kind of known for charging ahead with rash decisions, even when literally nobody is on his side. Worst case scenario it only takes one executive order for him to screw everything in the games industry up, even if it was only for the remainder of his term. Still, if that did happen, there'd be riots. I think we would see backlash the likes of which haven't been seen since the Prohibition, and quite frankly I'd be right there putting my voice in.
You sure it won't happen?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You sure it won't happen?
Guys, let's just move on, alright? Else, something bad from discussion this might come along, and I mean probably among ourselves.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Everyone let's not bring up politics in our thread, it just won't sound good for us and will cause some of us to get paranoid.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Right, let's get back on topic of our beloved duo! I am planning on getting Minecraft! When I do, my first major build: a giant statue tribute to our bear and bird!

It will have them in their pose from the end of their reveal trailer, with both the Smash Bros. symbol and Rare logo behind them, with the message: WELCOME HOME! above them spelled in diamond and gold blocks!
yes.

Banjo-Craftie.

welcome to Voxel Mountain.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
After the travesty that was Wolfenstein: Youngblood, I'm VERY cautiously optimistic about Doom Eternal.
Plus the DRM to classic Doom. I'm slightly worried garbage game practices will sneak into Eternal but for now at least Eternal doesn't have terrible AI and level gating that we've seen so holding onto hope.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Man, I really hope Eternal is good (I think it's good so far). If Bethesda screws that up though I might never buy a game from them again, they've made too many mistakes with franchises that I loved (Fallout didn't deserve their fate)

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
As far as I'm concerned, doom is the only thing keeping bugthesda afloat. They're the living embodiment of Warren Buffett's quote: "It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it."

All that potential to make amazing games is completely wasted by laziness and ****ty business practices. Thankfully, it looks like Id software knows what they're doing.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not sure how best to put this, but I think a lot of times you make posts in this thread that don't seem to have the logic all quite thought out and you immediately jump to the worst case scenario. The video game industry is a multibillion dollar business, there is 0% chance video games will ever be banned in America. I would advise exercising a little more caution with the doomsday scenario posts.

The last thing that is going to be affected is a cartoony mascot game like Smash.

Top Bottom