• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I mean, I love Kazooie and think she's an important part of the duo, but I'd say that about Banjo too. Kazooie might be the expressive smart-***, but Banjo's contrasting down-to-earth personality brings that out better, and it creates a nice, snappy chemistry. Especially when Banjo gets low-key snarky himself.

And hey, don't get me wrong, solo Kazooie is a blast to play as in Tooie- even her failings put a big grin on my face when I try going underwater with her- but I find solo Banjo a lot of fun too- just for different reasons. His different backpack moves are fun and interesting (if situational), and I find something really cathartic about whacking enemies with his backpack.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just want to know what else Banjo could possibly have in his backpack that would make it lethal enough to swing around without Kazooie inside it.

What dark secrets could his pocket dimension hold...?

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
For me personally, I think it's fine casually calling the duo Banjo--in a default state, Kazooie's in the backpack, so it does make sense. But it's good even when calling them "Banjo" to remember Kazooie does all the work.

And for those who aren't as familiar with the series, it'll be great for them to play Banjo & Kazooie and realize what a bad *** she is, and how much of a pushover Banjo is. They'll learn in due time. :chuckle:
Aw man, i can't wait ! i hope they can capture Kazooie's sass in the victory animations.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Perhaps his banjo is inside of it? A banjo could certainly pack quite a punch. :p
Now all I can imagine is Banjo being like El Kabong from QuickDraw McGraw (I watched a lot of Boomerang growing up...) beating enemies over the head with his banjo. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

So, how do I clear my image cache? Icon still isn't showing. :ultbanjokazooie:
Which browser do you use? If you use Firefox, go to options, then privacy and security, and there should be section called "Cookies and Data" and select the "Clear Data" option. When you do, there will be the option to delete Cookies and Web Data, or delete Catched Web Content, or both. You need to clear the latter option. Once you do all that, Banjo's icon will appear.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Which browser do you use? If you use Firefox, go to options, then privacy and security, and there should be section called "Cookies and Data" and select the "Clear Data" option. When you do, there will be the option to delete Cookies and Web Data, or delete Catched Web Content, or both. You need to clear the latter option. Once you do all that, Banjo's icon will appear.
Internet Explorer on laptop.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Then i can't help you buddy. I haven't used Internet Explorer since i was......8 or something.

Why would you even use Internet Explorer?
Can't help it, I got Windows hardware. I figure the issue will solve itself later, I dunno.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Edit: Oh there we go, found it. Guh-huh! :ultbanjokazooie:

It feels special to see this icon amongst the rest.

Last edited:
For those who don't follow DK Vine or are aware, the below is a really great point in regards to the wider DK/Rare universe and how Banjo-Kazooie's smashing return came into play with some big developments in that space.

"Nintendo acknowledged the Donkey Kong Universe. They did so by staging Banjo-Kazooie's Smash reveal entirely within the context of it being a Donkey Kong spinoff. Aside from being a shot-for-shot sequel to K. Rool's reveal, "Best Friends" celebrated the shared lineage of everything.

It acknowledged that the modern Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and K. Rool are still RARE characters."

Full post to read here:

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
For those who don't follow DK Vine or are aware, the below is a really great point in regards to the wider DK/Rare universe and how Banjo-Kazooie's smashing return came into play with some big developments in that space.

"Nintendo acknowledged the Donkey Kong Universe. They did so by staging Banjo-Kazooie's Smash reveal entirely within the context of it being a Donkey Kong spinoff. Aside from being a shot-for-shot sequel to K. Rool's reveal, "Best Friends" celebrated the shared lineage of everything.

It acknowledged that the modern Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and K. Rool are still RARE characters."

Full post to read here:

The idea that Banjo Kazooie actually takes place somewhere in the Mario universe kind of messes with my head.

D

Deleted member

The idea that Banjo Kazooie actually takes place somewhere in the Mario universe kind of messes with my head.
In a way, every frachise in fiction is somehow connected to each other. I could connect Mega Man with Love Live or Kingdom Hearts with Jojo if i wanted to (it would take some universal hoops, but still possible).

Just look at this video for example:
Also keep in mind this video is outdated (from 2016). Now Smash includes Castlevania (connected to Transformers) Monster Hunter (connected to Sailor Moon) Banjo Kazooie (connected to most Rare Franchises) Persona (connected to.....i dont' know actually) Dragon Quest (directly connected to Mario) Splatoon (connected to that Squid Girl anime and Spongebob Squarepants) and others.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's been sudo-confirmed since Diddy Kong Racing that at least Banjo and Diddy Kong Racing exist in the same world. The prologue to that game is that Wizpig has overtaken Timber the Tiger's island by force, or something like that. Timber being Diddy's friend he sends Diddy a note for help. Diddy answers the call and, this is a Direct Quote from the 64 instruction manual, "[Diddy] had been asked to help, so his intention to zip off as soon as possible could not be in doubt. The question the preoccupied him now was whether or not he should draft some extra help, just in case... after all, this Wizpig sounded like a pretty mean foe. Finally, he decided the his friends Banjo and Conker would still enjoy an adventure, even if it turned out that their services weren't needed."
Going by this knowledge and the fact that Donkey Kong is regularly invited to go Mario Karting or Partying (which my headcanon is that Donkey Kong was still at the Mario Kart 64 races and just wasn't back so he couldn't help) would mean that not ONLY is Banjo and Donkey Kong's world connected, but so are Conker's and Mario's, meaning that the Mushroom Kingdom, The Northern Kremisphere, The Isle o' Hags/Spiral Mountain/Showdown Town(you can see Spiral Mountain from Showdown Town in N&B), and The Panther Kingdom are all in the same world at the very least. Even more likely is that they're actually, technically, next door neighbors.

And that's without even throwing the wrench in the middle of everything with the fact that you can see the Ghoulie's Mansion in Nuts & Bolts or that Samus has canonically visited the Mushroom Kingdom in Super Mario RPG. Link has visited in both Mario Kart AND Super Mario RPG. And Animal Crossing AND the Inklings have as well.

**** gets crazy when you start diving.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Don't worry about it, I like to think the Mario and Rare verses are one warp pipe away from each other.

That being said, here's a nice thing that was done a while back by someone:

D26fH2_X0AIM69B.jpg

This mashes up both versions of DK Island, for the sake of convenience.

In a way, every frachise in fiction is somehow connected to each other. I could connect Mega Man with Love Live or Kingdom Hearts with Jojo if i wanted to (it would take some universal hoops, but still possible).

Just look at this video for example:
Also keep in mind this video is outdated (from 2016). Now Smash includes Castlevania (connected to Transformers) Monster Hunter (connected to Sailor Moon) Banjo Kazooie (connected to most Rare Franchises) Persona (connected to.....i dont' know actually) Dragon Quest (directly connected to Mario) Splatoon (connected to that Squid Girl anime and Spongebob Squarepants) and others.
And that's without acknowledging everything Capcom is tied to...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Don't forget, Splatoon 2 had TMNT themed Splatfest, and TMNT canonically knows the Justice League, and they canonically know Scooby Doo, and canonically knows everyone ever

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
Let's say Banjo and Kazooie did get in the next Mario Kart. If it were a Double Dash sequel then they'd obviously be partners, that's a given.
But what if it isn't. Should Kazooie always be in Banjo's backpack or should she have her own car? I lean towards the latter but I'm mostly just curious what you all think.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Banjo Kazooie in a dubble dash 2 ? YES ! GIVE ME ! wish we would get MKDD2 for switch its perfect for online 2p co-op with joy cons

Justin Little

Smash Ace

Full post to read here:

This is the biggest takeaway from the trailer. I'm so happy Sakurai saw it the way most DK fans did. Everybody thinks oh because Banjo is RARE, but it's so much more to that. Banjo is also canonically friends with Diddy and by proxy DK, and I think it's sad people forget that.

On a different note, Kevin Bayliss changed his profile pic with a little tease-y response. https://twitter.com/FulgoreAndMore/status/1142669236285956096

It probably doesn't mean anything, but a Diddy Kong Racing sequel with Banjo Kazooie would be hype! Use that and Smash to test the waters for the inevitable Banjo Threeie.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I just hope Tooty makes an appearance on Spiral Mountain because her absence since the first game felt a little off.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I hope one of the tracks they decide to put is from Diddy kong racing.

That game has one of the best soundtracks of all time and since I'm pretty sure that was Banjo's first appearance it would be fitting to have a song from that game in smash.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm a huge fan of most of the Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie soundtracks, so I'm sure it'll all be amazing. Diddy Kong Racing was a ton of fun too, though I'll admit to not remembering the soundtrack to that one. I'll have to go back and listen to it!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Full post to read here:

I hadn't thought about it, but it is nice that they're acknowledging the connection of the Donkey Kong universe and Banjo-Kazooie. Means we no longer have to argue with some that Mario, Donkey Kong, and Banjo & Kazooie are canonically in the same universe (of course, they'll say Smash is a crossover, and Banjo & Kazooie are in their separate series, but there's a reason they chose Donkey Kong and we all know it).

What if Banjo stole Dora’s backpack and made Kazooie get inside it?
Dora Dora Doraaaaaaa and Kaaaazooooieeee.

Banjo no swiping. Banjo no swiping. Banjo nooooo swiping.

Dohhhhh Guh-huh

EDIT:
I'm a huge fan of most of the Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie soundtracks, so I'm sure it'll all be amazing. Diddy Kong Racing was a ton of fun too, though I'll admit to not remembering the soundtrack to that one. I'll have to go back and listen to it!
Frosty Village is a particular favorite of mine.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Well Banjo & Kazooie KNOW there video game characters SOOOOOO smash IS canon to there games

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well Banjo & Kazooie KNOW there video game characters SOOOOOO smash IS canon to there games
Same for the KI crew. :ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit:

They're practically a bunch of Deadpools in this regard.

I just hope Tooty makes an appearance on Spiral Mountain because her absence since the first game felt a little off.
I've come to think of that as a consequence of Rare's apparent distaste for the "Damsel in distress" trend in video games, as I wouldn't be surprised if some Nintendo execs had told them "do it like the Mario formula" for some of their games. More often than not, Rare's games had the heroes be kidnapped and/or the damsels were temporarily in peril, but became proactive heroines afterwards. Tooty is a particular case of a DID no longer being relevant after an initial appearance, as they never really seemed to know what to do with her beyond being a plot device, and Tiny Kong wound up being similar in design anyway. Hell, N&B revealed that she was arrested and thrown into the "Rubbish Video Game Character Prison".

At the least, I can expect Tooty to show up as a spirit.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I've come to think of that as a consequence of Rare's apparent distaste for the "Damsel in distress" trend in video games, as I wouldn't be surprised if some Nintendo execs had told them "do it like the Mario formula" for some of their games. More often than not, Rare's games had the heroes be kidnapped and/or the damsels were temporarily in peril, but became proactive heroines afterwards. Tooty is a particular case of a DID no longer being relevant after an initial appearance, as they never really seemed to know what to do with her beyond being a plot device, and Tiny Kong wound up being similar in design anyway. Hell, N&B revealed that she was arrested and thrown into the "Rubbish Video Game Character Prison".

At the least, I can expect Tooty to show up as a spirit.
And that's what I loved about Banjo-Kazooie--they played around with the cliches, and went their own direction. There's no love interest, just a bear trying to rescue his sister in a fairy tale inspired adventure. Tooie is a straight-up revenge tale. :chuckle:

Which makes it so frustrating Banjo-Kazooie didn't become a big franchise, due to Rare not wanting to go back to their old IP, or trying to turn Banjo-Kazooie into something it was not. Mario's still rescuing Peach--even having a wedding theme in the newest game. We need something like Banjo-Kazooie today to take the piss out of it.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I was just skimming so hope you don't mind me asking. So Scooby Doo is canon in the Banjo-Kazooie universe right?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I was just skimming so hope you don't mind me asking. So Scooby Doo is canon in the Banjo-Kazooie universe right?
With all their Direct-to-Video crossovers, I think Scooby-Doo is canon with every universe at this point.

'Now to unmask the monster. -GASP- Its old man Grunty!'

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I was thinking of doing a medley of my favorite songs across both games, but this person straight up did it--and they included pretty much all of my favorites.

D

Deleted member

Im still waiting for Scooby Doo to Cross Over with an Anime/Manga franchise. It's gonna happen at some point in this lifetime if Scooby Doo keeps going the way it is.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Im still waiting for Scooby Doo to Cross Over with an Anime/Manga franchise. It's gonna happen at some point in this lifetime if Scooby Doo keeps going the way it is.
I unironically could see a Dragon Ball Super/Scooby-Doo crossover movie as WB/Toei's way of cashing in on a year old dead meme

Last edited:

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Frosty Village is a particular favorite of mine.
Mine too. I've always wanted either Frosty Village or a medley including Walrus Cove and Everfrost Peak. Dave Wise is such a legend.

Speaking of which, it's still a disgrace that Tropical Freeze was almost completely ignored for Smash Ultimate if not for Mangrove Cove, one of the least popular tracks of the best David Wise soundtrack ever.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am excited to play as Banjo-Kazooie. Man, fall can't get here soon enough.

Happy 700th page, by the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom