• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
there's no reason that they'd just reveal someone who was nowhere near as requested as banjo
You're acting like Master Chief and Minecraft (because TBH no one gives a crap about Steve, they give a crap about Minecraft) aren't popular though. Despite being biased on favor of Banjo, both Halo and Minecraft are significantly bigger (and alive) series/games, which is what scares me so much about this, even though the signs are pointing at Banjo. I still have that ~1% of uncertainty and I'm more than aware it's paranoia, but ugh, it's eating away at me.

(plus if this goes over well enough, who knows? We could potentially see a true Banjo-Threeie in the distant future; you never know, which is why stuff like this matters so much)

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Also for anyone who was thinking "no stone upturned" meant something
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
The reason why there's so much negativity is... well, you know, we're talking about Banjo-Kazooie.
Nothing usually ever goes right for the franchise.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Only 12 more hours until the direct. Here’s to hoping tomorrow is the day.
Anyways I’m gonna catch some Z’s now, see you all then

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Judging by how many pages this thread jumped I'm guessing people think the sky is falling again
It's kind of a mix. Some of us are keeping the fire burning!

Also, some people have said the C&D to Sabi was fake? And I had a thought about that...what if she did that to not ruin the BIG surprise?

Think of it, we have not heard from anyone else about Nintendo other than 4chan leaks. Get insiders/leakers from leaking anything until the day of truth. Just speculation on my part.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If Banjo isn't actually revealed tomorrow. And neither is Steve. There is still 3 more characters to go. And you know what that means?
1560224573924.png

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
It's kind of a mix. Some of us are keeping the fire burning!

Also, some people have said the C&D to Sabi was fake? And I had a thought about that...what if she did that to not ruin the BIG surprise?

Think of it, we have not heard from anyone else about Nintendo other than 4chan leaks. Get insiders/leakers from leaking anything until the day of truth. Just speculation on my part.
If she faked it, then a Spirit Bomb will be sent her way. (Figuretavly speaking.)

ze9

Smash Ace
It's actually dawn where I am, I literally couldn't sleep lmao.
Well, I also have a very annoying otitis, but still...

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If Banjo isn't actually revealed tomorrow. And neither is Steve. There is still 3 more characters to go. And you know what that means?
If Erdrick(/other-non-MC-rep) gets revealed and not a Microsoft rep, I will be even more annoyed because it means I have to keep waiting to hear what's going on with B-K/the Microsoft rep, and ugh, I just want to rip the bandage off already.

However, we're around the time when the 2nd character would be released soon (assuming they keep to an even-ish spread til Feb 2020), and the 3rd character would need to be revealed soon-ish.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
before I dip out until E3, and probably for a long time after, I just want to say that I had completely given up Getting any of the fan favorite characters as DLC. I was already pretty broken by the last three base Roster characters and they revealed. And then Joker was like the twist of a knife. I just gave up. then all the rumors started happening in conjunction with the merchandise, which made me raise an eyebrow, and then Shinobi happened. and while I was pretty bummed out about no new banjo game being announced at Microsoft press conference, nothing that has happened since then has a really shaking my faith that maybe banjo could be in Smash. And I'm generally a pretty pessimistic person.

Bubblestand

Smash Cadet
The direct is in just over 12 hours. Some of you should probably get off the internet and get some sleep. Not because of spoilers but because you’re going to drive yourself crazy extrapolating everything every rando is saying on twitter or in some discord and era or faqs. It’s time to take a break. One more sleep and we will be looking for those jiggies!!

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
can people stop saying "Oh Maybe it's steve or master chief!" those characters didn't suddenly get an influx of merchandise with nothing to promote or celebrate and they didn't get mysterious trademarks registered either

ze9

Smash Ace
If Banjo getst in, apart from the obvious Gruntilda's Lair remix, I also want a remix of Isle O' Hags's theme.
That tune deserves more recognition, I think it's one of Kirkhope's finest works.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Honestly if Banjo-Kazooie isn’t shown tomorrow and we only get Erdrick, they still have a chance to get in one of the last 3 packs, it just means the leakers were wrong.

I’m still trusting Shinobi, though. If he has misinfo I’ll be disappointed, but I’m goin’ to assume Banjo 100%.

If you’re gonna say “temper your expectations” stay away from me :pikachu:

Last edited:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Can I just say something that's been bugging me?

I know we brushed off the whole "Oh-ho, the Smash Ball next to Sakurai turned fake and the Fake Smash Balls explode in an X!", but did anyone else notice that it changed just before he mentioned the DLC character?

It's too much of a coincidence. I can't ignore it...

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Can anyone send me a link of Nintendo’s E3 livestream.

Sadly not able to watch it live, and I need a safe way to quickly view it without spoilers.

Please?

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
This is it...

The final stretch.

It's been a blast and we'll soon find out our fate tomorrow. Hoping all this smoke leads to a nice bonfire at the end.

Goodnight boys.

ze9

Smash Ace
Can I just say something that's been bugging me?

I know we brushed off the whole "Oh-ho, the Smash Ball next to Sakurai turned fake and the Fake Smash Balls explode in an X!", but did anyone else notice that it changed just before he mentioned the DLC character?

It's too much of a coincidence. I can't ignore it...
Yeah, from how I see it, that was the joke.
"You're expecting a reveal now, eh?" - the smash ball is normal
"...too bad! You'll have to wait 2 more days!"- the smash ball turns into a fake smash ball

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Might just be a drunk idea, but hear me out:

I think WHEN Banjo gets added, and Swop Swop finishes the project, I should pay to get it blown up and printed as a poster that we send to Nintendo/Sakurai alongside our “thank you” letter

D

Deleted member

I'm killing myself thinking about Banjo going up against :ultfalco:, :ultdaisy:, and :ultfalcon: on a Grunty's Castle themed stage while the Spiral Mountain theme plays

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Judging by how many pages this thread jumped I'm guessing people think the sky is falling again
Its been a roller coaster for sure
Honestly if Banjo-Kazooie isn’t shown tomorrow and we only get Erdrick, they still have a chance to get in one of the last 3 packs, it just means the leakers were wrong.

I’m still trusting Shinobi, though. If he has misinfo I’ll be disappointed, but I’m goin’ to assume Banjo 100%.

“Temper your expectations” people stay away from me :pikachu:
I'll be honest. I think e3 would be the dumbest time and place to show off (just) Erdrick. Most people in the west didn't know who he was until he was rumored for a spot in Smash. He's way bigger in Japan. Steve is deconfirmed as far as Im concerned.
It's gotta be Banjo or a non Microsoft rep. I'm confident it's Banjo tho

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Might just be a drunk idea, but hear me out:

I think WHEN Banjo gets added, and Swop Swop finishes the project, I should pay to get it blown up and printed as a poster that we send to Nintendo/Sakurai alongside our “thank you” letter
Yeah, Sakurai definitely deserves a thank you letter.

D

Deleted member

I’m surprised this haven’t been posted yet but I have an update regarding Aubrey’s Steve tweet

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m surprised this haven’t been posted yet but I have an update regarding Aubrey’s Steve tweet
So she doesn’t know anything.

Okay.

Still bugs me a Minecraft employee seems to be trolling, but she’s not the only community manager nor is she a dev so whatever I guess...

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Ight y'all I'm headin off for the night, hopefully all goes well tomorrow and that our bear and bird finally make it in. Tomorrow is gonna be somethin else and I can't wait! :grin:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
That's it! I've made up my mind! Steve is being revealed tomorrow at E3, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it!

Seriously, though, everyone needs to find something to do for the next 12 hours, like playing through Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, for example! Tomorrow, the bear and bird duo will either be in, or they won't and we'll all have to manage like we did before. We've all waited almost 20 years for this. Noon tomorrow is feasible without any leaks.

Anyway, I hope we get a specific level from the games as our stage, preferably Freezeezy Peak, or Mad Monster Mansion. The only song I need is one of the final boss themes, but I'm hoping for a remix of Gruntilda's Lair, as well. The only other idea I have is for their entrance, being Banjo falling out of the sky, like in that Banjo-Tooie ad.

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
You guys are being way too dramatic. I want Banjo in as much as you guys, but always keep in mind ALL the evidence he has going for him.

Also, keep in mind that it's just a video game. If he doesnt make it in, it's not the end of the world.

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think Banjo would be a medium-weight fighter? That would be a shame if that's the case since I play faster characters, but when he arrives Banjo will definitely be my new main!

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Wow. There are 631 pages of this thread, and it’s been going on for over 2 years!

I’m impressed. Especially with its dedication to Banjo-Kazooie.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Whew, Still coming along Gang.

Also, please Inbox me with an avatar of your choosing if you haven't yet-- or just inbox me in general so I know you want to be included I'm still working on others at the moment, just a quick update.

Added TheHeartbreakKid TheHeartbreakKid , @Bomber57 , Justin Little Justin Little , @Geoffrey Druyts , @FatNerd , @Chinderblock , And @Extrain

Still deciding where I'm placing everyone as well, I dont think I'll get this done by tomorrow but still, god I hope Banjo gets in.

View attachment 227137
LOL! I LOVE IT! Though, I'm worried Pooh Bear loves my character's presence a little too much. :surprised:

Top Bottom