• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Can anyone send me a link of Nintendo’s E3 livestream.

Sadly not able to watch it live, and I need a safe way to quickly view it without spoilers.

Please?
Here ya go. Be sure to have chat hidden the entire time.
(PS: Dunno how Twitch works with regards to going to previous times when they're offline. If they break up the VODs, that may spoil)

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Do you guys think Banjo would be a medium-weight fighter? That would be a shame if that's the case since I play faster characters, but when he arrives Banjo will definitely be my new main!
I think Banjo would be a medium-weight on the heavier side of the spectrum. He won't be very fast, a bit floaty, and kinda clunky, just like in the original games.
And just like in the original games, Kazooie will be there to compensate for all his slight shortcomings.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Less than 12 hours remaining. Remember, if you're living in the U.S. like me, it's a good idea to go to bed early.

For my predictions for the Direct, I'd say the reveal of character #2 (hopefully Banjo), stuff about UA3, Link's Awakening, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's Mansion. The rest should be interesting.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I think Banjo is happening but I don’t get how y’all think Steve is disconfirmed from her vague tweets.
At this point, we are just trying to build ourselves back up.

I just saw Banjo and Kazooie as a Constellation! The stars are LITERALLY aligned right now! Trying to build back the hype, but bed should be soon.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Outside of smash's fighter, what else are you guys wishing for the nintendo direct? for me i don't want to see Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon:Sword & Shield get repeated,nor do i want to see Fire Emblem:Three Houses(though that's unlikely).i also have a lot of unlikely candidates in my list such as Earthbound,Mario & Luigi Games for Switch,and The Last Story port.

Also i'm waiting to hear what some of you think about my comic.

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Welp, I just took a bit of medication to make sure I don't keep myself up pointlessly worrying about the Direct, so for tonight I'm officially out. I may be back in the morning, and I may not, but whatever the case may be, I hope for all of our sakes, tomorrow is a day of Rare importance.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Outside of smash's fighter, what else are you guys wishing for the nintendo direct for me i don't want to see Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon:Sword & Shield get repeated,nor do i want to see Fire Emblem:Three Houses(though that's unlikely).i also have a lot of unlikely candidates in my list such as Earthbound,Mario & Luigi Games for Switch,and The Last Story port.

I really wanna see more new Pokémon, maybe an Eeveelution, and Animal Crossing is always welcome.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Outside of smash's fighter, what else are you guys wishing for the nintendo direct? for me i don't want to see Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon:Sword & Shield get repeated,nor do i want to see Fire Emblem:Three Houses(though that's unlikely).i also have a lot of unlikely candidates in my list such as Earthbound,Mario & Luigi Games for Switch,and The Last Story port.

Hoping for Pikmin and EarthBound (Mother 3 it’s happening bois), and I’m expecting Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing among other stuff. More new Pokémon would be nice but I’m doubting it due to the recent direct.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

We're almost definitely seeing Three Houses. It releases late next month and there's still a ton of stuff we don't know, going off of the leaks about the game. In particular I'm hoping for a story trailer.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
I know Sabi’s covering his basis but seeing him constantly post for people to not blame him and to not take any of his comments seriously is making me stressed on top of my own personal stress.

Need to take a deep breath, let it all go, accept the idea that Banjo isn’t in so I can be pleasantly surprised and focus on my more importantly Job interview tomorrow.

Good night.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I just want Metroid Prime Trilogy from Nintendo's E3. Literally the only game I need announced. But Rare Replay would be very appreciated

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm going to make this my last post of the night. I'm not going to bed for awhile longer but. I feel like the time will pass quicker if I am not constantly f5ing this thread for potential updates/leaks. Depending on how the direct goes you will see me in this thread again to celebrate with everyone. If not...well...if you need me you can PM me since I won't be visiting this thread anymore. Not until everything blows over anyway. I won't be able to deal with any fallout.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Alright BanjoRoos and KazooieGals, tomorrow is the day. The truth will be revealed to us. Will we have been building up to disappointment? Or will we finally see the duo return on a Nintendo title for the first time in years?

I am still 1000% confident in our Bear and Bird! I will see y'all on the other side....Raise a glass to freedom.

Goodnight gang!

Last edited:

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
I'll keep my expectations as low as possible with that Steve tweet.

Much like most of you guys, I've been let down over and over again regarding Banjo and Kaz in general. Can't help but think it'll happen again.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
RARE Replay on Switch could potentially heal the wound if BK isn't revealed here. It would, at least, give us some hope. The wait will be excruciating, though.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Last post before I bounce out till tomorrow

Just wanted to apologize to everyone: I know I've been the downer here in this thread, which is a complete 180 from how I was up until just now, when I was the one rallying everyone together and collecting every scrap of evidence to point towards the duo's inclusion and getting everyone motivated. I dunno, I guess... even with all of the good signs it just seems like it's too good to ever be true?

Whatever, my behavior here has been inexcusable; so I'm sorry

As a sign of good will... I managed to dig up one more piece that could point to Banjo coming home tomorrow; a deleted tweet Indiegamerchick literally just posted

1560228243748.png

Shoutout to Dynamite for catching this

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
12 hours remain. Damn it feels like yesterday when we were at 400. Deep breaths everyone, and get some sleep. Big day tomorrow.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Fire Emblem Three Houses, Link's Awakening Remastered and Luigi's Mansion 3 are my three big games after Smash DLC. I'd love for some surprise announcement besides the ones we know already though (prays for Mario Strikers Switch). A Rare Replay port would also be dope.

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
just remember we actually have some stuff pointing to banjo which is better than what other character support threads have now...which is not much

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Anybody on Discord that wants to chat about our bear and bird rn? I’m drunk and feel like venting about E3 anxieties to fellow Banjoroos

Just wanted to apologize to everyone: I know I've been the downer here in this thread, which is a complete 180 from how I was up until just now, when I was the one rallying everyone together and collecting every scrap of evidence to point towards the duo's inclusion and getting everyone motivated. I dunno, I guess... even with all of the good signs it just seems like it's too good to ever be true?

As a sign of good will... I managed to dig up one more piece that could point to Banjo coming home tomorrow; a deleted tweet Indiegamerchick literally just posted

View attachment 227163

I mean bear can mean something other than a literal bear. Unless there’s more context to this.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Good night, everyone. I hope tomorrow will be a happy day. I'm really nervous and bracing for pain.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I have not been keeping up with the news at all and I have no idea what's going on with leaks or whatever, but the excitement in this thread is obvious. I'm not gonna go into the Direct expecting anything, but I'll hold out hope that you guy's favorite Bear n' Bird are gonna make it tomorrow! With how buddy buddy Microsoft and Nintendo has been given the dominance of Playstation so far in this generation's console wars it just makes sense for there to be some sort of Mircosoft rep, but man it would be crazy to see the old duo brought back to life this way!

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I mean bear can mean something other than a literal bear. Unless there’s more context to this.
I'm looking at her Twitter and I can't really find anything that might have been a response to an earlier. It seems she was watching like a basket ball game in Toronto or something. Her telling us specifically that there's internet issues for whatever when it's not like she's streaming anything live to Twitch or Youtube or what not. The fact that it was also deleted very quickly is very peculiar, though it can just might be boiled down to she doesn't want to be pestered about Banjo in Smash.

Last edited:

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet

View attachment 227163

The prodigal son returns to us.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Wow, we are 12 hours out and no leaks of the actual direct seem to have dropped yet. This is actually super exciting. I trust Shinobi. I think you Banjo fans are going to have a good time tomorrow. Here is hoping <3

Top Bottom