• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Gonna take a break from this forum from now until after E3 is over.

Regardless of whether Banjo will be announced tomorrow or not, there is no doubt there is a lot of anticipation surrounding what Sakurai and co. have in store. If the bear-bird duo get in, it will be a long time coming. If not, we carry on. Banjo's support train is one of the most resilient and longest running support trains for a character in the Smash community, and I believe it will continue to run very well into the future should a reveal not occur.

Hopefully, most of you will react nicely whether our bear-bird duo gets announced or not. Don't bring fights or conflicts with other character support threads/communities, and perhaps importantly: hype responsibly.

Also remember we are in for not just a Smash announcement, but also a general Nintendo direct that may be filled with other surprise announcements and blowouts for other games, so don't just focus on Smash-related info. Smash is only one part of Nintendo's lineup.

And of course, remember, Smash is just a game.

See you on the other side!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait, are we suggesting Sabi herself faked the C&D? I don't buy it. I'd much sooner believe an angry Steve stan faked the letter and sent it to her.
C&D don't generally work the way that it happened. It should be noted that who you're supposed to contact is inconsistent with the paper. One thing says person.co while the other says person.com

So it is possible. I give her the benefit of the doubt, but I wouldn't blame it on any fans either. She didn't leak any character, so there's no reason for the fanbase to go after her in this case. She did, however, literally go out of her way to make it clear, on public media where everybody could see it, to leak the Nintendo direct. That's why a C&D sounds super realistic. On the other hand, this could just be attention grabbing. Like I said, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, but it's not impossible that she's faking it.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Yo guys, those bear hints that Sabi got a while back are all going to make a ton of sense when Sakurai reveals Monokuma tomorrow!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait, sabi confirmed Steve? I wasnt here, someone please explain
No, she didn’t confirm Steve. Once again people are reading too deep into things.

Someone asked if she knew everything about Nintendo’s e3 direct, she said there was no stone left unturned. Clearly this means Steve is in.

Oh wait, no it doesn’t. It’s just an expression.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
So real talk, how many ya'll gonna cry if (make that when) Banjo & Kazooie are revealed?

I'm looking at my fellow 30+ yr old ol' farts in this thread specifically, but I also know everyone in this thread young and old has that guh-huh love in their heart. It's definitely gonna be an emotional moment for a lot of smash fans and I don't think it would be particularly biased to believe B&K might be the most emotional reveal in this fighter pass for most of the fan base (not all of course, but most).

I'm believing in the bear and bird all the way up to that 5th DLC reveal, but I'm feeling real good about our wait coming to an end much sooner than that!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
So real talk, how many ya'll gonna cry if (make that when) Banjo & Kazooie are revealed?

I'm looking at my fellow 30+ yr old ol' farts in this thread specifically, but I also know everyone in this thread young and old has that guh-huh love in their heart. It's definitely gonna be an emotional moment for a lot of smash fans and I don't think it would be particularly biased to believe B&K might be the most emotional reveal in this fighter pass for most of the fan base (not all of course, but most).

I'm believing in the bear and bird all the way up to that 5th DLC reveal, but I'm feeling real good about our wait coming to an end much sooner than that!
Right here. Though, I will be 30 this Thursday. :) That's my birthday.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
The Square Avengers game actually looks like it could be pretty fun. Excited to see Captain America beat Edrick and become the Square DLC character for Smash. Jokes aside, I still hope Nintendo has some pleasant surprises up their sleeves. They usually have surprises, but sometimes they can be nasty. Not even picky, just a new game that looks cool.

paper roxy

Smash Ace

i think banjo is gonna be the first smash reveal that gets a positive emotional reaction out of me, thats for sure. even if im only 17 the bear and bird have meant a lot for me in the time ive known 'em.

Last edited:

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
No, she didn’t confirm Steve. Once again people are reading too deep into things.

Someone asked if she knew everything about Nintendo’s e3 direct, she said there was no stone left unturned. Clearly this means Steve is in.

Thank you so much!!! Team Shinobi here, let's go!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
The Square Avengers game actually looks like it could be pretty fun. Excited to see Captain America beat Edrick and become the Square DLC character for Smash. Jokes aside, I still hope Nintendo has some pleasant surprises up their sleeves. They usually have surprises, but sometimes they can be nasty. Not even picky, just a new game that looks cool.
Yeah I thought the Avengers reveal went pretty well.
D8vwJmbXUAAsSl-.png

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

Steve fans probably think it means the blockhead is in. :) Yeah, as a Spirit! Ha ha ha!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, could someone link to the Smash picture with Steve again? I wanna look at something.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm really really trying to muster up some hope that this is going to work out in Banjo's favor, but everything just keeps pointing to this being a Game Over

1560222260953.png

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Well go ahead
okay, well the comic is an adaption of World of Light from Ultimate except the concept is similar but different.
The Spirits are now characters in their physical appearances and are possessed by Galeem and Dharkon
The roster will have more characters joining Kirby & Mario's Team once free'd, though not everyone will consider joining.
i am also trying to think through some different ideas for the comic such as some possessed victims being free'd by memories and the final battle having every character from Nintendo & 3rd party fighting Galeem & Dharkon.

Right Now, i have a list of characters i want to add as the starring roles to represent the comic's version of the roster and iv'e been drawing their renders on notebooks, but i'm still picturing things out with the story.

So whaddaya think?

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I'm really really trying to muster up some hope that this is going to work out in Banjo's favor, but everything just keeps pointing to this being a Game Over

View attachment 227150
I really hope this pans out for your sake, man, 'cause the defeatism the last few days from you has been really unfortunate to see in light of your previous positivity. If Banjo's in, it's going to be nice to see the emotional turnaround.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

30 year old fart here.
I will let my emotions run wild tomorrow!

I don't think I would cry, unless they do the reveal Justice in some form of a reunion/welcome back moment from the big Nintendo names. That would show some respect for the duo they haven't seen in years.

If that happens, I might get a tad emotional.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

View attachment 227150
Even if this is 100% fact. All this tells us is that we could possibly be back at square one of "yes people still don't know who any of the DLC is" which still doesn't confirm or deny Banjo's chances.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

View attachment 227150
Even if Nintendo knows about Shinobi, they couldn’t legally do anything due to his statement being vague. Also, what that second guy (bottom post) said.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Well here we are, the final stretch run. Tomorrow is the big day whether our bear and bird get their dues or eventually. I look back on my history with these two and how I still support them even after the buyout debacle and years of inactivity. Banjo & Kazooie have been dream picks for me for many years ever since I started doing roster predictions probably between the Melee and Brawl days. In Brawl, I got Diddy, Wario (though Brawl kinda ruined him for me tbh), and Wolf. In Smash 4, I got Little Mac and Mega Man. Ultimate is when the impossible turned into the possible. K. Rool and Ridley were my top two most requested characters going in. I admit I didn't get back into speculation initially that is until E3 last year. Ridley's confirmation gave me a renewed sense of hope. I had no idea about the leaks beforehand and thus I was blown away by hype. After that, I knew K. Rool would finally get his chance but still being cautiously optimistic.

June 12 and August 8, 2018 are two of the best days as a Smash fan. Those days were when dreams finally achieved. My only regret is that I didn't wait until after work to learn of K. Rool's konfirmation and I got spoiled at work and had to keep my emotions and celebratory mood in check. I hope tomorrow will one of those days in which another dream pick(s) become a reality. I have decided that I will wait until I got off of work to watch the direct. Tomorrow will be so damn agonizing trying to resist finding out during the work day. Knowing that, I can watch the direct in my apartment so I can hopefully go crazy in celebration (hopefully). I am going to say this now. Personally, I believe that Banjo & Kazooie will be formally confirmed as playable characters tomorrow. It's that gut feeling that I had with K. Rool. E3 is the perfect stage to bring them back. Obi-wan Shinobi's track record and all the increasing attention has to lead to something. It's their time to shine. It's time for them to come home to the place they belong. I will cry tears of joy if/when they are formally announced. Make this childhood dream of mine come true. Banjo & Kazooie forever

MagnesD3

Smash Master

There will definitely be some moisture around my eyes I’d say..

Not 30 but 28s good enough

Last edited:
Top Bottom